Slam's Garden Resort
Malapascua Legend(Malapascua Island)
US$69
  • Breakfast included
Malapascua Starlight Resort(Malapascua Island)
US$36
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Thresher Cove Dive Resort(Malapascua Island)(Great Value!)
US$24
  • Pool
Blue Corals Beach Resort(Malapascua Island)
US$40
US$34
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Tepanee Beach Resort(Malapascua Island)
US$68
US$63
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hippocampus Beach Resort(Malapascua Island)
US$35
US$32
Agoda.com
US$62
US$49
  • Beachfront
Little Mermaid Dive Resort(Malapascua Island)
US$38
US$36
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Buena Vida Resort & Spa(Malapascua Island)
US$112
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsconvenient locationclean poolserviced everydaysecurity guard at nightwe booked a deluxe roombeach frontsordered dinnerminute walkboat servicetwo single beds pushed togetherpool viewvia agodadiving tripwould stay againdaily cleaningworked finea solo female traveller
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I would certainly go back here again .... my room had hot water showers and aircon and was well located just back from the beach fronts and a short walk from Thresher Shark Divers on the main Beach. The staff kept it clean and I was very happy with my morning Breakfast with fresh Mango as well!

Just next to the main hotel entrance is another beach that faces West ..... fantastic sunset photos!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Williamtje
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I traveled solo to do some diving and stayed here for 6 nights. This hotel is conveniently located close to the ferry drop off. It is also very close to a number of dive shops. The bed is comfortable even with just a fan but you have to keep the window open at night to keep cool air circulating. The room is equipped with a lockable closet and safe which is fairly important since there are a lot of people wandering around at all hours of the day. Check in was relatively painless since I booked through an online service. I ate at the restaurant a couple times and thought the food was OK but not really good value for the money. Within immediate walking distance from this hotel is a very cheap restaurant and down the beach is a very good Italian restaurant. With so many better dining options it's pointless to pay high end restaurant prices at this hotel. Despite these minor things this is still a good place to stay and it also seems to be relatively unscathed from the Typhoon. I found the staff to be cheerful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Bolognapony
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Staff are really unhelpful here and as a result we stayed down the beach at legends resort, who were far more accommodating, and better value.

Upon arriving we found that the internet was down, and as a result they could not process our booking. Although we had a screen shot of our prices from agoda, they refused to accept and wanted to charge a walk in price which was double to the offers available online, usually I bemoan people who winge abt not booking before and then having to pay more, but this was ridiculous and staff need better training,

As a result, they lost out on a lot of business post check in, with diving and out f&b costs amounting to a very healthy spend, bad staff = bad returns.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Duncg03
slamsgarden_resort, Owner at Slam's Garden Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for posting a review about our place.

We are glad that you find a place more accommodating for you stay in Malapascua.
First:
Upon arrival there was no internet to process you booking. Since the typhoon last November 8 the signal is on and off. And that is for the whole Island. If no internet in our place there is no internet in other resort on the island.
Second:
YOU DON'T HAVE ANY BOOKING with us.
You come as a walk in and show a screen shot from Agoda that you said was two times cheaper.
Except our fan rooms i don't know where you find that. We also work with a channel manager that will guarantee the parity between all travels agencies.
Some agencies will show the NET price and other like in you example AGODA will show one price NOT INCLUDE TAXES AND SERVICE CHARGE. But if you book and go until the payment of your booking this charges will be added at the end of the processing.
Unfortunately it appear that you don't know that.
Third:
I agree with you that my staff need better training and that will be my responsibility but we take only staff from the island to give work to the people of Malapascua and we do our best as we can.
Fourth:
I surprise that you put a review with one rating and YOU DON'T EVEN STAY WITH US.
As it's the first time we get a ONE RATING our customers will understand comparing with all another reviews we have.

Again thank you and next time you argue with one hotel about the prices make sure you know of what's your talking about.

Slam's Garden Management

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Room was big, good, clean and had the standard, bed was absolutely terrible, 6 inch foam mattress, luckily there were two double beds in the room so we put the other mattress on top, 12 inches of foam mattress is better than 6. We had complimentary breakfast for the 3 days we were there, only had it once, not very good. No bottled water provided at all. Couldn't go back to the room to relax because it was so damn uncomfortable.

Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry F
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed at Slam's with a dive group. There is nothing inherently WRONG with the facility, it just lacks polish and finish, and could easily be improved. The rooms in the new wing are spacious and the beds comfortable. Breakfast orders were always a challenge, with the staff not REALLY understanding English, and most things had to be asked for, repeatedly - with the staff seeming unable to complete an order or understand that a breakfast comes with coffee and juice. Both of which had to be asked for. I was also aggrieved when I was charged extra for "More butter" on top of the tiny scrape that was provided with my toast. Filter coffee for breakfast would be nice, and probably cheaper for the management than individual packets of Nescafé and water from a flask, which was not always boiling hot.
This review should not be confused with the staff's desire to help, it is their capability to help that is being questioned. However, when the air conditioning in the room broke, the staff offered a room move without question, while the repair man travelled from Cebu City.
The flies around the dining area made eating here less than ideal, and combined with the challenging service I chose to forego my rate inclusive breakfast and find somewhere else for my morning eggs and toast

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends