“Best place to stay on Malapascua!”

AABANA Beach & Watersport Resort
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Came here alone in June and stayed for 2 days. Its the best place to stay on malapascua honestly because of the price, location and quality of room. paid 600php a night for a private 2 bed room that comes with private toilet and also brekkie. It is an affordable place to stay yet has the beach front and very near to the dive shops as well so i dont have to carry my gear too far out. Love our clean the room is. It was low season for tourists but that was ok. Glad to see that everyone is moving on from typhoon haiyan. Hope that more travellers will come even during low season. It is a great place to relax and chill.

Room Tip: The fanroom is the best because it is the most beachfront. and you dont need aircon anyways.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here to relax and celebrate my son's birthday, and also had a surprise renewal of vows. Kiko and the rest of staff did a great job on the preparation and presentation for the unique and inspiring celebration. The service was great and we all had a wonderful time bonding together on this romantic and awesome resort.

Room Tip: We stayed on a Casablanca... great for family and group stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We were originally booked here last November 2013 but with the aftermath of typhoon Haiyan, we had to cancel.
Fast forward to April 2014 with a few emails with Mike we made reservations again.
The rooms are newly renovated with a little construction going on during the day; the beachfront is always clean and is on the farthest and quietest part of Bounty beach; They do not serve lunch nor dinner but they serve free breakfast with your accommodation. This place may not be at par with the other resorts in the island but the very courteous and accommodating staff more than made up for that.
Thank you Mike and your staff for making our Malapascua trip worthwhile! We will be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend last summer, and it was excellent. Malapascua itself is obviously a wonderful island with a lot to offer, and Mike and Diose's place was very nice indeed. Mike was very friendly, as were all the staff. I particularly enjoyed eating mango pancakes for breakfast on the beach!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We headed to Maya in the early morning of May 1, 2014 and ready to spend almost 4 days for a much needed R&R with the Family and some of our good friends from High School; thanks to a very generous person this was made possible. Driving at cruising speed we arrived at Maya and we were greeted by the relative of our friend who hails from Maya, hot soup and good company what else can you ask for. Being in a place for the first time excites me, even when I was working as a salesman traveling all around the country. I was trained not too expect too much when in a new place; be humble and be polite to people who you meet for the first time and we did just that in Maya and Malapascua. After waiting for our friends to arrived I went to check out the place and it brings back memories of my childhood days of seeing ordinary people doing ordinary things, so simple yet so serene. After riding the boat heading to Malapascua for the first time sent goosebumps to my skin, as a diver this place was considered a Dive Haven and after seeing the crystal clears waters we immediately concluded this is going to be a great weekend! Because the group was huge and there was previous bookings made by Aabana, the owners and staff were very helpful made the necessary accommodations to fit all of us. One group was in the cottages while our group made our way to a very modest house a stones throw away from the Resort and I must say it was a very descent house complete with amenities, it was very well prepared by Aabana resort. We had a boat tour the following day after our breakfast on the beachfront and every minute in the island was priceless, there were tons to do in the Island even at night and I must say the staff of Aabana was very accommodating to our every need and we also felt secured like we were alone but someone was always watching out for us. My only regret was I didn't go diving, oh well maybe next time. I would recommend Aabana Resort to family and friends who wants a simple but enjoyable stay in Aabana Resort. Well done to the owner and staff of the Aabana Resort and well done Malaspacua. We shall return!

Room Tip: the simpler the Better....you have to have that Island feel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank chucklee5
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here in Aabana Resort last Black Saturday. We found this very affordable place to stay in but with an awesome beachfront view. The place was like the last among the beachfront resorts but you'll be amazed with its affordable price. It was over worth it. The resort is very private, the rooms are well-designed, the fan room where we stayed has its own CR which I really appreciate plus it is clean, the beachfront is wide, the staff are accommodating.... I couldn't ask for more. I love the over-all stay in this resort. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Indeed, this place is Malapascua's hidden gem. Tucked in the far eastern end of Bounty Beach right next to a small fishing village, Mike & Diose's Beach Cottage offers amazing value in probably the most serene part of Bounty Beach.

Booking was breezy, as Mike personally emailed and texted me in spite of the terrible Internet connection in the island. As the main cottages were fully booked so we got to stay in the guest house right next to the resort. The room had basic amenities, but it was comfortable and sizable. We loved having breakfast on the white sand beach right in front of the resort. The banana and mango pancakes were delish! Service was always warm and friendly.

Make sure to wake up early enough for the sunrise as Mike and Diose's provides one of the best spots to watch the sun put on a little show. That's also the best time to watch the fishermen come back to the shore with their day's catch. You can even buy fish on the spot, for almost a steal! Now, that's the real Malapascua experience that you probably won't experience elsewhere along the main stretch of the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends