I stayed at the Ocean Vida for five nights and dove with the embedded Sea Explorers dive shop. I was very pleased with both operations.
First, I really liked how Sea Explorers scheduled the dives and grouped the divers to guide dives. Furthermore, the boat crews were great and made gearing up and getting back in the boat very easy. I also enjoyed the entertainment during surface intervals. Overall, the diving was decent and four dive days (two thresher dives) was sufficient for me.
I had a garden view room with air conditioning. The room was comfortable and included complimentary water, packages of coffee, tea, and a kettle. I like to get up early and have coffee before breakfast and the front porch was perfect for this activity. The room was serviced daily when I left for my dives, and plenty of both bath and beach towels were provided. There was a ceiling fan which I really liked, and wish more dive resorts had these in the rooms.
My package included breakfast and the breakfast buffet provided the common western and Asian dishes found at dive resorts (eggs, fresh fruit, bread, etc.). One thing I really liked was that they placed a thermos of hot coffee on the counter and you could help yourself. More resorts should do this, as many times at these other resorts it takes a little work to get your coffee. I was very satisfied with breakfast.
When I signed up for a boat doing two dives, they advised me to order my own lunch the night before. Again, I really liked this approach, and the restaurant had a decent selection of food for those lunches. First, I don’t like to eat a big lunch when diving, and second I’m not a big fan of those large dishes of food brought on the dive boats for everyone to dig into. I picked up my lunch in the morning on the way to the dive boat. I also ate several dinners at the restaurant and enjoyed both of them.
The open air covered bar was right on the beach, or if you preferred, they also placed bean bags on the beach. Furthermore, at night there were candle lit tables on the beach where you could enjoy dinner. For your information, I also ate two dinners at Oscars, the restaurant above Threshers Shark Divers, and enjoyed both of those dinners.
The hotel and dive staffs were very friendly and helpful, and I felt very secure staying there. I would not hesitate to again stay at the Ocean Vida and dive with Sea Explorers.
One additional comment about my garden room: there were roosters right next door and crowing could start at 02:00 AM, and it could really get going around 04:00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Vida Beach and Dive Resort is situated on Malapasua Islands beautiful Bounty Beach offering 12 Sea view and 8 garden view rooms. The rooms include air-conditioning, mini bar, safe, beach towels and balcony. The resort also features a restaurant, beach side bar and a fully equipped PADI 5* IDC dive center, Sea Explorers. Free high-speed WiFi internet is available throughout the resort. Guests can also join one free Yoga lesson every day and use the Gym in Buena Vida free of charge. We hope we can welcome you here in Malapascua one day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Vida Beach And Dive Resort
- Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Hotel Malapascua Island