“Lovely stay”

Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Malapascua Island
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We loved our four days spent at Ocean Vida..Starting from the transfers at Cebu to the staff at the hotel, everything was just nice. We had a lovely time sitting at their beachfront restaurant sipping away cocktails. Sven was particularly helpful in recommending where to go and what to avoid. Do take the transfer arranged by the hotel - makes life much easier, and the drive is a lovely one.

Special shout out to Rham, JM, and Mimi at the restaurant.

Sleep quality in rooms can be improved (mattresses, AC placement) -thats the only recommendation we can think of.

Will definitely stay here next time we come.

Room Tip: We didnt get the rooms on the top floor - they may provide more privacy. The ground floow rooms have...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Next time I go to Malapascua, I will definitely chose Ocean Vida Beach & Dive resort. The rooms are very nice with a very nice balcony. We stayed 6 days there. The rooms are big and clean, I can take all my diving gears out and preapare them. The diving center is just at the enterance of the resort. I would highly recommend the Sea Explorer diving center at Ocean Vida. The dive guides are very professional and nice. After a day of diving, when I came back to my room took a shower lay down on the bed, I feel so comfortable and quicky fall asleep. And of course at 4:45 I woke up and feel fully recharged for the Thresher Shark. Ocean Vida, Thanks for the Great Holiday you given to us, see you next time! =)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I can really recommend this place, Ocean Vida Beach & Dive resort.
It is a smaller resort, not so many rooms, but the room is very nice with a big balcony/veranda. Clean and nice bathroom.. Your own choose, with or without air-con! The room, restaurant, the beach and the dive center are on the same spot, so it is very convenient and easy. Nice breakfast with everything you need, coffee, fresh fruit juice, egg and bacon, different omelets, bread and butter! The beach in front are clean with sun chairs for the guests and very close to the bar!
The island are not so big but big enough to meet nice people, both locals and tourist. a laid back atmosphere with different restaurants and a small village to explore. The best of all, the dives.. From big stuff to macro, walls, muck dives, coral reef and probably so much more we missed during our stay! They have really god dive guides, with long experience and will find all the things you will see. A place we will defiantly go back to and warmly recommend to visit!

Room Tip: Ocean view with air-con
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our holidays started with a hick up. We (my wife, my daughter and I) were supposed to arrive at Ocean Vida on June 29th for our dive holidays, but unfortunately a strong storm prohibited the boats to ferry us to Malapascua, so that we had to stay one night in Cebu. Soren, the Danish Manager of Ocean Vida, called and informed us about the situation, organized a hotel for the night and arranged for all transport very professionally.
After the storm passed we reached Malapascua the next day early morning. Soren received us personally at the beach and briefed us about the hotel, restaurant, the diving and the island. After breakfast we could already occupy our rooms and start organizing our diving trips, which was very easy, as Sea Explorers is located within the Ocean Vida Resort.
Our room facing the beach, was nice, clean and spacious enough for the 3 of us. We had most of our meals in the restaurant with a good mixture of different food. The bar on the beach was a special experience: Sitting on the large beach chairs enjoying a drink, relaxing after our dives and watching the sunset. We had an international crowd mainly from Europe and some Asian countries. The staff in general was very friendly and helpful and would attend to special requests as far as possible.
The diving was excellent mainly due to the organization and experience of our dive instructor. Thank you Dishiely!

To All at Ocean Vida and Sea Explorer
a big thank you for a wonderful holiday

Torsten and Family

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Torsten S S
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The +
- team at diving center. "Dive with a smile" is their moto and it is true. The atmosphere and the team spirit are outstanding. People are passionate about their job.
- all dives were great: thresher sharks at Monad Shoal (yes it is worth to get up at 4:30 am), day trips with 2 dives...
- the beach is a highlight: it is clean, well combed everyday. Beach furniture is hype and comfortable. Having dinner on the beach is possible and so romantic.
- deluxe room with sea view and large terrace.
- excellent cocktails at the bar.
- restaurant is good. Some dishes are excellent (adobo, kinilaw). Pick a table on the beach.
- free wifi everywhere

The -
- bathroom: too small, tricky tap, tiles & lighting "so so"
- could be cleaner (sand everywhere), towels are outworn, bedsheet cleanliness is variable.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room (seaview) in a corner.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

When I got to Ocean Vida, I was welcomed by the nicest staff and a welcome drink, sat on the bean bags on the beach and enjoyed happy hour, new friends and island life.
The breakfast buffet is good but I particularly enjoyed a little slice of cake every morning! Generally the food at Ocean Vida is good but a must-try is their fresh tuna sashimi only served when the tuna is completely fresh - it´s delicious! Their calamansi juice (tiny limes) is so refreshing and I also recommend their ice cream ice coffee.. mmh!
The ground-floor room meant that the resort beach was literally right outside my room only a few steps from my balcony.
The room itself was spaceous, the shower and toilet facilities were fine and there is both air con AND a fan which was a welcome relief from the sweltering heat of Malapascua.

I did my Open Water and Advanced divers license at Sea Explorers and found my instructors great, funny and professional.
The dive sites are amazing and the boat trips to get there are full of fun, laughs and singing!
All in all, the atmosphere at Ocean Vida and Sea Explorers is so welcoming and friendly that I wouldn´t hesitate to recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kristine h
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Initially booked for a week with my partner for some chill time and diving ended up staying for 3 weeks. The hotel is located conveniently on a central area of a beautiful beach. During the day, the banana chairs and day beds are perfect for some relax time between dives or simply soaking up some sun.

The staff are all very accommodating and friendly. Sven the owner and Soren the GM were super helpful and friendly during our stay. They even dove with us on several occasions to see the thresher sharks!

Ocean Vida also provides currency exchange, and the rate they give was better than several banks in Singapore. Make sure you book directly through them to get a better rate than Agoda!

Happy Hour - Drinks at the bar during the evening after some diving action is nice...The Mango daiquiris a must-try.

Although Ocean Vida is operated independently of Sea Explorers, they have a great little setup going together. I did my Advanced Open Water with them. My instructor Ms Dish was awesome and patient throughout the course. I highly recommend her as an instructor. Boat crew and guides simply fun and we had an amazing time.

Looking forward to coming back.

Julie

Room Tip: Get the Ocean view room, 2nd floor more privacy...unless you have kids.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 92 in Cebu City
Marco Polo Plaza Cebu
Marco Polo Plaza Cebu
#3 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort? Share your experiences!