“plesant stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Malapascua Island
Grimstad, Norway
“plesant stay”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

very well organised resort with prime location. beatuiful superclean rooms. both staff and management are friendly, and the dive shop is great. the drinks are good but the food in the resturant does not have the same high standard as the rest of the resort (this is really not a problem but a suggestion for imorovenent). we booked 2 nigths in malapascua but ened up staying 6. Thanks to the staff at Vida for a wonderful stay. I would reccomend your resort to anyone:)

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had a great time at this resort in Malapascua, I could stay here for months! It is very well run (as you would expect as it's under German management :) ), everything works, good WiFi, beds are comfortable and staff very friendly and helpful.

Manager Ollie is very helpful, he welcomed me on arrival with a drink and showed me around. Much appreciated, made me feel right at home!

Rooms are spacious, clean with comfortable large size double beds. Aircon and hot water shower function very well, which is not always guaranteed in The Philippines. Plenty of plugs available to charge my electronics, which is important to me as a travel blogger. The rooms come with a nice outside seating area.

The resort features a restaurant serving a range of Filipino, European and Thai dishes. Everything I've tried was tasty and portions were good size. The best thing about the restaurant is the seating area on the beach. They have plenty of different seating options, ranging from normal chairs to cabana style couches and bean bags, all surrounding by palm trees right at the beach front.

A dive shop is conveniently located in the building which is nice as most visitors will probably want to check out the famous Thresher Sharks!

I was planning to check out some other resorts but after walking around and checking out different places I decided to stay, I'm pretty sure this place is the best option.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are great, the one I stayed in picked up the WiFi so I could use it in my room...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Japking77
Reviewed 8 September 2013

What I like:
Helpful and friendly staff
Food was very good for an isolated island
Location at the beach front
Views are wow
Other services like transportation and diving are excellent

What I don't like:
Shower is weak pressure
Shower water stinks in the early morning
Wifi doesn't reach the rooms
No tv
No phones
Blankets aren't thick enough as the AC is too cold
My safe didn't work

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Sonicdiver
Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We are a family with 5 children from Norway, who went to the Philippines for the third time. We have been to a lot of places in this beautiful country, but this time we were lucky to find Ocean Vida in Malapascua. Best place so far in the Philippines, and we have been to Boracay, Bohol(Panglao), Bantayan ......
We did search in nice places to stay in tripadvisor in our stay in Cebu, and we find Ocean Vida very interesting. We called, and made a booking for 4 days. We took a taxi-van from Cebu to the port of Maya. We hired a boat from Maya to Malapascua-very easy. Arriving Malapascua and Ocean Vida we were very positively surprised. We did book two rooms with sea-view, and we did get two fantastic rooms in the 1.st floor with a stunning view . What can we say - perfect rooms and incredible view. The rooms was very clean and fresh, nice bathroom and a supernice and big balcony. There were breakfast including the rooms, and we were very pleased with the food.
We could see that the friendly owners and staff did do everything to make sure that the buildings and surroundings was fresh and well maintained, The beach was very clean and with cosy sofas. The cleanest and best spot on the island. We did see the other tourists who stayed in other places, went to Ocean Vida Beach & Dive resort to sunbath or a drink in the friendly bar.
We are a family with 5 children from the age 6 months to 16 years old, and we did find Ocean Vida perfect and safe. We were in need of two rooms, because we are 7 all together, so the resort gave us an extra mattress in each room We did extend our stay with 3 days, so we stayed in this supernice place for 1 week. This was our best days in our 5 weeks-trip. We stayed here the first week in July 2013, and the weather was good. We could see it was raining on the big islands around, but not in Malapascua - Nice. WE WILL HIGHLY RECOMMEND OCEAN VIDA BEACH & DIVE RESORT.
WE ARE SURELY GOING BACK NEXT YEAR.

Room Tip: Book a room with sea-view. Stunning.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Kjell B
singapore
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We loved our four days spent at Ocean Vida..Starting from the transfers at Cebu to the staff at the hotel, everything was just nice. We had a lovely time sitting at their beachfront restaurant sipping away cocktails. Sven was particularly helpful in recommending where to go and what to avoid. Do take the transfer arranged by the hotel - makes life much easier, and the drive is a lovely one.

Special shout out to Rham, JM, and Mimi at the restaurant.

Sleep quality in rooms can be improved (mattresses, AC placement) -thats the only recommendation we can think of.

Will definitely stay here next time we come.

Room Tip: We didnt get the rooms on the top floor - they may provide more privacy. The ground floow rooms have...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Next time I go to Malapascua, I will definitely chose Ocean Vida Beach & Dive resort. The rooms are very nice with a very nice balcony. We stayed 6 days there. The rooms are big and clean, I can take all my diving gears out and preapare them. The diving center is just at the enterance of the resort. I would highly recommend the Sea Explorer diving center at Ocean Vida. The dive guides are very professional and nice. After a day of diving, when I came back to my room took a shower lay down on the bed, I feel so comfortable and quicky fall asleep. And of course at 4:45 I woke up and feel fully recharged for the Thresher Shark. Ocean Vida, Thanks for the Great Holiday you given to us, see you next time! =)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Skovde, Sweden
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I can really recommend this place, Ocean Vida Beach & Dive resort.
It is a smaller resort, not so many rooms, but the room is very nice with a big balcony/veranda. Clean and nice bathroom.. Your own choose, with or without air-con! The room, restaurant, the beach and the dive center are on the same spot, so it is very convenient and easy. Nice breakfast with everything you need, coffee, fresh fruit juice, egg and bacon, different omelets, bread and butter! The beach in front are clean with sun chairs for the guests and very close to the bar!
The island are not so big but big enough to meet nice people, both locals and tourist. a laid back atmosphere with different restaurants and a small village to explore. The best of all, the dives.. From big stuff to macro, walls, muck dives, coral reef and probably so much more we missed during our stay! They have really god dive guides, with long experience and will find all the things you will see. A place we will defiantly go back to and warmly recommend to visit!

Room Tip: Ocean view with air-con
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Slam's Garden Resort
Slam's Garden Resort
#5 of 13 in Malapascua Island

Been to Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort? Share your experiences!