Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hippocampus Beach Resort(Malapascua Island)
Malapascua Legend(Malapascua Island)
  • Breakfast included
Cocobana Beach Resort(Malapascua Island)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Buena Vida Resort & Spa(Malapascua Island)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Celtis Resort(Malapascua Island)
  • Breakfast included
Slam's Garden Resort(Malapascua Island)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
Tepanee Beach Resort(Malapascua Island)
  • Restaurant
Mangrove Oriental Resort(Malapascua Island)
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea explorershappy hourthe beanthresher sharksbeach frontfresh fruitbean bags on the beacha garden view roombeach baroverlooking the beachthe ground floorevery guestevery morningbuffet breakfastremote islandmini bardiving center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Having spent 4 days at Malapascua last week I was happy with my choice of Ocean Vida and would support its rating of the best hotel on the island.

Transfers from Cebu airport (and return) were efficient and saved the hassle of public transport (which I would not recommend if you can afford to avoid due to the transfer time). The rooms were excellent with good aircon, minibar, decent ablutions and the most comfortable bed during my 2 week trip to the Philippines. The restaurant was good value, had excellent food (choice and quality) and American size portions. The beach bean bags and bar seemed to have the most atmosphere along the beach front and 4-6PM Happy Hour was very good value. The staff were polite and helpful and the owners (Sven and Fabienne) were always on hand and give useful advice.

Overall I thought this was a very well run and professional small hotel in what is quite a remote place. I would recommend Ocean Vida as the first choice for anyone travelling to Malapascua.

Room Tip: Beach front are best if you can get them but the garden rooms are literally a stones throw from the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Malapascua and definitely won't be our last. Ocean Vida provided us with so much hospitality. Such friendly and accommodating staff, great food and location made it almost impossible to leave. You will not regret staying here!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I spend 3 nights at this excellent resort. While i enjoying myself with all the various diving trips, amazing corals and fishes, my wife is enjoying the beach, the wind and the massage. The staffs are very friendly and the the service is definitely value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank kaze76
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My brother, son and I spent 3 nights at the Ocean Vida Beach & Dive Resort and had a memorable vacation. After studying the reviews on Trip Advisor, we e-mailed the resort and received an immediate response to all our questions. Their professional service was also appreciated when my son and brother got their Open Water Certification with Tongi. I was impressed with Tongi's knowledge and expertise. Thank you Soren and Sven for arranging the private transfers to Malapascua and greeting us upon our arrival. We enjoyed all the meals and everyone treated us as family. We can't wait to return to our friends at Ocean Vida.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank c4golf
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This resort is more expensive but worth it. When we were there this was the only place people had a drink and tended to eat. If you don't stay you will end up there anyway for the happy hour. The rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are friendly and professional. The dive team and equipment are also excellent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple