“a great malapascuan experience”

Purple Snapper Dive Resort
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We went there on June 2, 2013. There were 4 of us in our group. the owner arranged our pickup from Maya port after a long road travel from Cebu City. Here are some of the outstanding things I observed when we arrived:
1.) The owners are very accommodating and welcoming but not intrusive (I really like that)
2.) It was my buddy's birthday and I requested for a birthday cake to be served around lunch time and I must say, they have the moistest, chocolatiest, best Devil Food Cake I've ever had (it was such a treat!) I also heard from other tourists and foreingners who frequent the place that the Mango Walnut Cake that they serve is to DIE FOR. (yum!)
3.) They have the latest gears and equipment for diving PLUS they have the most able-bodied, witty and smart divers in their lot. The rates are also competetive and they go out of their way to accommodate your diving requests.
4.) They have a pool! So dive trainings weren't much of a hassle.
5.) The rooms are not crowded in together, they have a koi pond, the surroundings are very peaceful and secure. Thumbs-up for this, since the resort is not a beachfront resor.
6.) GREAT PRICES. The rooms are modest ( we stayed in a backpackers deluxe room) very homey and relaxing. I must say, I slept like a baby in our 2 nights of stay there.
7.) They have a pool table and ping-pong table if you're not really much of a beach bum.
8.) They claim they have the best burgers, they have every right to do so. In fact, ALL THE ITEMS in their MENU IS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. Their chef really knows how to create tempting dishes for everyone.
9.) The owner even accompanied us and brought us to a very beautiful snorkelling spot.
10.) We're not really expecting anything but we are very satisfied with the service and the accommodations, very much worth our money.

We Will Definitely Go Back :D :D :D

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

The room I got was for backpackers - P800/night. It was a cute nipa hut, had a wall fan, no t&b, big bed, just 1 window. I like the resort because its very "native" plus it has a swimming pool, billboards table (free use) and free brekky with unlimited coffee and juice! But what I didn't like about is that the common CR wasn't cleaned regularly. And I didn't find a broom inside my nipa hut. Broom is necessary for keeping your hut clean and free from sand, right? And you couldn't find hotel staff anytime you needed them. I don't know why :(
You had to walk I think less than 10mins to get to bounty beach because this isn't beach front.
They offer diving lessons but I didn't try. Thought its expensive
Haha! Ü
You can stay here for practical reasons but don't expect 5star services. You get what you paid for. Okay for just 1 night.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Nice little place with good service, especially the divemaster James. He was helpful and friendly. This shop was recommended by our resort owner who is not a diver. It is located away from the beach but they will pick up your gear and return it to you no problem. They also picked my son and I up in front of our resort. The dives were interesting but could have been planned a little better due to the relatively strong current in some areas, but all in all nice people to dive with, from the dive master to the boat helpers.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This place has great rooms at great prices. On our first visit we arrived at 9 am after a 5 hour bus ride and the owner checked us right in we didnt have to wait until 2 pm.The food is amazing they have home made bread for all other their meals. The free breakfast is also delicious. My husband and I decided to get certified as open water divers while we were there and we had a great experience. So great we went back a month later and did our advance course there. Everyone at there is very nice and helpful. Anything you need they are there for you.They dont have a beach front location but it is very close to the beach and they also have a swimming pool. We were there in December 2012 and in February 2013.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SparklesSparkles
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The owner is very helpful and friendly. When some guests showed up without a booking, he helped them find other accomodation before booking them in the next day! He made sure everyone is well taken care of. Though my booking was screwed up, he apologized and went striaght to finding me another place to stay for 1 night at the same price as offered. The vibe at the resort is very nice, divers and travellers just hang out at the bar around to talk and mingle around. There is a dive school which is a little on the expensive side but the staff were very friendly too!

The backpackers' rooms come with shared bathroom but the room itself is pretty spacious and comfortable, towels and linen provided. Only bad thing is the cocks crowing every morning at 4am which makes for not a good night's sleep. But if you sleep like a log, highly recommend this place

Enjoyed my time staying there

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We didn't stay in the resort itself as we already had accomodation on Malapascua, but I cannot recommend the dive school highly enough.
Great, friendly approachable instructors with the highest regard for safety. I complete my open water course with them and they taught the theory so well I was able to attain 100% on the exam. My other half is a more experienced diver and she rated the adventure dive with the Threshers very highy as well. All in all Highly Recommended, especially for a keen Scuba Diver.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Spent Good Friday here in Purple Snapper with 11 other friends and it was EXCELLENT! We arrived in the resort 4 hours ahead of their check-in time (excited much?! hahaha) but they were so kind to provide as a vacant room for our things, for the exception of not using the bed of course. We reserved 3 backpacker rooms 2 weeks before, so it's no hassle. The staff were very accommodating plus unlimited use of amenities (pool, minibar, table tennis and billiards) is just so perfect! Special mention to their minibar since we've made it like our own. We had our acoustic and drinking (hahaha) sessions in there. One more thing that my friends and I were amazed is their clean comfort room, though it was public (backpacker guests).

No hidden charges, a perfect budget accommodation! It's a feel-free type of resort. Must-recommend especially for barkada budget escapade! Two thumbs up PURPLE SNAPPER!

You can check on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbeYwpFdqo&feature=youtu.be for our malapascua (purple snapper) escapade! \m/

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends