All reviews boat station left corner breakfast was included air con top floor fan room first floor location is great deluxe rooms room number kalanggaman island small island big balcony definitely stay here again enjoyed my stay cleaned daily sunset
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We chose this hotel due to the reviews on the sunset view and it was worth it! Staff very "relaxed" but were always available to help whenever we had a request. Nice breakfast too. We had a deluxe room with a sunset view and we spent every evening on the small terrace watching th sunset or stars. Sonia will email you if you contact her and she recommended us to book directly from her as she can give a discount. They love their music and start to play it early in the morning but we were normally up early to go diving and weren't bothered. Bring earplugs if you want to sleep in or ask for an upper floor room. Rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels provided. No amenities provided.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sodapopitaly
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at the Blue Corals Malapascua with a couple of friends on a Scuba holiday. The hotel has a good position on the Island but is slightly spoilt by the bright blue paintwork contrasting with the tropical island foliage. The rooms a very large with 2 king size beds, great if you are taking your extended Filipino family on holiday but a little expensive for singles. The rooms and hotel are clean and tidy, food is OK but not brilliant, the staff and manageress were kind and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank adyver
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Three of us stayed here during Chinese New Year Week. The room was big enough for three people and had a good view of the beach. There were many good breakfast options and the front desk offered to set up tours for the non-divers of our group. The location at the end of the beach is a good one and this place has amazing potential. However, I felt that there were some issues. I thought the price paid for the room was only average as it did not include air conditioning. Many other places include it for the same price. Also, the staff is very friendly but lack professionalism. It seems that they use the lobby as a family room where they relax or play with their children. Also, the bar is disappointing. It has great views, but the drinks are never quite right and the music doesn't fit the mood of the place. There is also another smaller balcony off the end of the hallway. This could be a great place to relax if it had some chairs and tables or padded benches. Instead, it is empty except for some clothes hung out to dry. If I had the choice to stay at another beach front property, I would probably try it out. However, Blue Corals is a decent choice if for no other reason than the location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was my third trip to Malapascua, the first stay was at Logon Beach Resort, the second was at Tepanee and this trip was at Blue Corals. I was disappointed with the service (they never cleaned the room and I was there for 4 nights), the staff sits in the lobby and watches TV. I did not even know the room came with breakfast until the last day. The hot water did not work but the maintenance man fixed the shower within an hour. I stopped by their bar at happy hour and after the first warm beer - I left!
The hotel location is convenient and right by the dive shop.

Room Tip: Ask for a water front room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Vivian U, Owner at Blue Corals Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear SingaporeDiane,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Allow me to clarify a few points.

Our staff thoroughly cleans every room on a daily basis, unless the guests indicate otherwise. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding in your case, for which I apologise, but if you had indicated your issue at the front desk we would have taken care of it immediately.

Breakfast is indeed included in all our rates and we believe that this is clearly indicated - indeed our guests very much appreciate our wide breakfast selection! I am sorry if you missed out on the first days of your stay. Hopefully you'll be back one day to enjoy our breakfast and the rest of our facilities. The first COLD beer is on me!

Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

We could not be happier with the hotel. Breakfast options are quality and our room was on the water side which had a phenomenal sunset from the balcony.

Staff are lovely and there is a great beach bar with 4 happy hours :-)

Malapascua is a dream location!!!

Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: January 2013