“Blue Corals - one of the best hotel in Malapascua”

Blue Corals Beach Resort
Reviewed 24 August 2013

What I love about Blue Corals is that it is located in a location where you can witness both the beautiful sunrise and sunset. I did not hesitate to this hotel because I've read good reviews and one of my friends actually stayed in this hotel. We stayed 3 dyas and 2 nights in this hotel. The staff were great, the breakfast was great, as well! The room is clean. We stayed in a room with a beautiful view, a view of the ocean! And above all, we got a good discount from the ownere that is now Germany-based! I recommend that when you go Malapascua, you book to this hotel! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank adellepauline

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Beautiful and relaxing scenery, friendly people and value for money are just a few characteristics that can be attributed to Blue Coral Beach Resort in Malapascua Island. It was a heart warming and memorable experience when I spent my 2013 Holy Week in that resort. Delectable food enhances the experience and gives you the best get away. This place will surely make you forget of every doubts, fear and exhaustion. Simply the best!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank IMDXTRYU
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

The resort, it's service,facilities and food is splendid. Just hadmy 3rd visit to Blue Corals Beach Resort and we had a morning of bliss. The panoramic view of the beach from our room was wonderful; so beautiful to wake up to each morning.
The staff are friendly and welcoming. They really do anything they can help.
The room is clean as well as housekeping is attentive and quick when you need something.

It's not a cheap resort, but it's worth itfor a wonderful holiday. We will be goinback there soon. . .

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank benjknots
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Booking our rooms for a 3day/2night stay in this hotel was fast and efficient. Prompt reply from the owner/staff with regards to our inquiries. We were also given discounts for our stay there and they were the one who booked our boat who fetched us from Maya Port. Below are my observations with this hotel:

Good:
* Polite staff
* They cleaned our room within our stay there
* Breakfast served promptly
* Nice view from our balcony
* Accommodates group/families for an affordable price
* Accommodation includes a sumptuous breakfast which is a good thing since Food is really expensive in Malapascua.

Bad:
* Place is located next to a cemetery, might be creepy for some
* Flies are everywhere (can't blame them almost all of the restos where we've eaten there have flies.
* Not so fine sand and a lot of sea weeds within their beach area. You have to walk farther to experience the fine white sand (in our case, we took a dip at exotic dive resort, they have a nice shoreline there.)
* Salty water on shower/bathroom

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bedazzle101
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Am not surprised in noting that this resort is ranked 7th out of 7 especially as the management don't appear to have taken note of other comments and concerns, nor do they take the opportunity as offered, by TripAdvisor, in responding.
An earlier comment about 'company outings' was identical to my own. One must assume that such outings are highly discounted but for the more discerning traveller - paying a high price for a second rate product does not encourage return visits nor recommendations when such groups literally take over the resort causing disruption, extreme noise coupled with the blaring music until late in the evening. I would give this resort just another couple of years in existance before they are out ofbusiness. Like another reviewer, we had to request that the music be toned down.
As expected in the Philippines, the employees are very pleasant and accommodating, but there is a clear need for customer service and product training to be carried out.
The biggest concern we faced was the abundance of flies in the restaurant area. Had they put up netting, this would have reduced the infestation, but alas, each mouthful of a very bland meal was a risk of consuming the added protein. I think I would have been horrified to have seen the kitchens......
Although the overall amentities are averagely good, the total lack of attention to detail by the employees has a lot to be desired especially the disgusting state of the showers. Any fool can criticise and I would love to be positive, but as the owners, whom I found out are joint Korean/Filipino - don't appear to recognise nor accept guest comments, then it would be wasting readers time in identifying further concerns. We did whilst staying at the resort inspect others nearby and found them to be much better value - as the Blue Coral was overly expensive for what was on offer.
Unfortunately I was a guest of a family staying at the resort - otherwise I would have carried out my own research in advance on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank brianworth
Vivian U, Owner at Blue Corals Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Mr Worth, I am sorry that your stay was not in accordance with your expectations.

We try to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible. If guests are loud, we take measures to minimise disturbance of other guests. If this did not work during your stay, I apologise.

Flies can unfortunately sometimes be a problem on the whole island. Our restaurant is semi open space which makes it nice and breezy, yet not possible to close off. I do think however that you exaggerate the problem a bit if you suggest that there was a risk of getting them in your mouth.

I am sorry you didn't ask for a tour of our kitchen as it actually meets the highest standard of hygiene. As other reviewers have also commented, our rooms are also very clean. Something must have gone wrong with your room if your experience was that it was not fully clean. I am sorry about that.

The hotel is, by the way, not under Korean but under German ownership.

Again my apologies that you didn't enjoy your stay. We would be happy to have you back at our resort to show you that your experience was exceptional.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Beautiful location with amazing views along the beach. Staff member we met very helpful and friendly. Nice lounge, bar and reception area all close together. Rooms we looked at (fan and aircon were ok). Has a bar outside overlooking the sea but no bar person and no drinks ( completely empty).Bar area was covered by a roof but the loungers and seats for the guests had no shaded area so you would cook in the sun. Has great potential but badly needs a paint job and upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is a budget stay, close to the Dive Centres of Malapascua, we dived with Thresher Shark Divers.
Location perfect, for a nice sunset and sunrise viewing, and of course very close to the Dive shop and a short stroll to the Village of Malapascua, but also away from the busy end of the beach.
The accommodation is basic, but clean, an excellent breakfast is included in the cost.
Our room was air conditioned and had a fan as well

Room Tip: An upper floor facing the east, catches the sunrise and the breeze. The western side is hotter.