“Beautiful Sea View..”
Review of Magellan's - CLOSED

Magellan's
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Food is average.. Service is slow.. View is amazing.. If you are bored with the rest of Malapascua.. then this is your choice.. I would head down to Craic House for a better experience..

Reviewed 23 September 2012

If you're craving for Filipino food and you're in Malapascua, I suggest you go here. Food is good, the restaurant is tastefully decorated, the service is great.

We even had a good chat with the owner's parents who are also vacationing there. Really nice couple. They made sure that our food is done to our liking, and they gave us a couple of pointers for our stay in Malapascua.

Only downside is that it is a bit expensive. But I'm not going to rant about it because I understand that purchase & transport to Malapascua of quality ingredients for their dishes is quite challenging.

1  Thank divainthebeach
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Food was terrible - ordered off their BBQ as recommended by the waitress. Took absolutely forever to arrive and when it did was a small portion and the BBQ pork was like eating an old boot.

2  Thank GStk
Reviewed 10 April 2012

It might not be fair to rate this restaurant but i just need to share my experience.

On arrival in the island, we immediately went around and we were excited to see Magellan's. We went to the bar to ask for the drinks list and 2 waitresses were just chatting their time away. They didn't seem to hear me. When I asked again, she seemed to give me a weird look and pointed to the menu which was defnitely not within my reach as it was in a counter INSIDE the bar!!! What did they expect me to do, jump over and get it!

Anyway, she eventually handed it out to me after seeing the rage in my face....we didn't feel like ordering anymore so we left.

On the way back, not realizing it was the same bar, we were so excited to see candle lit tables set out by the beach so we took a table just in time when foreigner guest was shouting out to a waitress demanding that she serve him a Coke. Another waitress came in and both waitresses were now arguing in loud voices on what to do with the order --- i think something to do with a rum coke and the guest simply had a different request on how to mix it !

When the waitress was handing out the drink list to us without even a greeting and without even looking at our direction, that's when we realized it was the same bar! We immediately took off!

1  Thank tambalyn
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was excited for some great seafood after the long day of traveling. I ordered the spicy prawns. Prawns were plentiful, but spicy was lacking. Turned out to be an average meal for expensive prices when compared with the rest of the island.

1  Thank Snorkl33