“basic cottages right on the beach”
Review of Dano Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malapascua Island
Dano Beach Resort
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Daño occupies huge area right on the Bounty beach. The cottage I stayed in was not at the beach front, but still I was able to see and listen to the sea while sitting on the terrace of the room.

The room itself is very basic, but with such a good location (and rate) I wouldn't ask more.
Breakfast at the restaurant is included in room rate, and we have a choice from American, Continental plus fruits, and Philippino.

Several restaurants can be found nearby, and some local (inexpensive) food outlets also can be found at the back of next door Exotic Resort, close to Purple Snapper Restaurant. Sometimes a bit loud music from KTV can be heard in daytime, but they seems like close very early, it's very quiet at night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Horrible place, looked like one "big" bathroom.,km

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The thing I like most about this resort is that it is right in front of Bounty Beach and distant from the restaurants/bars..away from the hustle and bustle of the island. Rooms are basic - with simple bed, a/c, mirror, dresser, and only have cold shower. They have a restaurant and offer free breakfast but there are other better restaurants in the area (I recommend Purple Snapper, Ocean Vida, and Sun Splash). If you'd like to roam around the island, island hop, or go to snorkeling sites, pump boats are available to rent. They don't change sheets and clean rooms daily unless you ask them. Staffs are friendly and nice though. Will definitely stay here every time I visit Malapascua.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jani E
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Service is kind and always very prompt. Are always able to help you with the ferries etc. The accommodation itself is very simple yet comfortable. The showers is cold and the water was barely running out of it. Also the fan was quite loud in the ceiling as it was circulating through out the nights. Otherwise, like I said, for great for travelers on a budget, especially for friends who can take a cabin for more people. Right by the beach! I was really satisfied!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Clean room with fan, situated right on the beach -- loved being served breakfast on my own personal veranda looking out onto the ocean. Friendly, responsive and helpful staff -- from setting up my stay via email and coordinating overland transport from Cebu to Maya/boat transport from Maya right up to Dano's front door, to greeting me personally upon arrival and recommending a local dive shop (Fun & Sun -- far more personal than the other larger dive shops in the area), my experience was top-knotch.

Hope to be back to try out the restaurant (under renovation while I was there) next time!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 11 -- right up front, facing the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank shsiao05
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My only major problem with this resort is the huge boat (owned by the resort) that rests between the cottages and the beach and blocks the view.

Other then that, its very very good. Room was spacious, bright, and simple. Nothing but a bed, fan, table and a mirror (and a cold shower/bathroom) - but who needs more ? Room is right infront of Bounty Beach, probably around its best section, you open the door, and its right there - the sea. You even get a small balcony - a good place to read, eat, drink or daydream.

When I was there they were renovating the restaurant, but you could still get breakfast (included in the room price) which was pretty. Didn't need much while I was there, but staff (well, one lady), was very helpful and nice.

Room rates are pretty cheap, considering what you get - and comparing to other resorts in the area.

Btw, no WiFi.

When I come back to Malapascua, I definitely go back to Dano.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank NimoDoodle
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed for 5 nights and were more than satisfied. Our room was very basic with a fan and cold water (1100 per night, including breakfast), but with a perfect view to the beach from our terrace. And most importantly it was very quiet there. The restaurant was under construction when we were there but there was very little inconvenience since our wonderful hostess Shirill came in the morning to get our orders and brought us our breakfast to enjoy at our own terrace.

There was only a little walk from Dano to Malapascua Exotic Island Dive center (& hotel & restaurant) which is an excellent 5 star place to do your dives with the best. And the restaurant there is also very good, with a varied menu, great shakes and drinks and a chilled-out atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple