“The first impression is lying”
Review of Hotel Poretta

Hotel Poretta
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lucciana
Stockerau, Austria
“The first impression is lying”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

On first sight the hotel looks out of shape, but the rooms were newly renovated with beautiful bathrooms, new furniture etc. They are very large and offer everything you need to travel as family. The location requires a car to reach the beach or any other interesting spot. No pool or hotel owned restaurant is available.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank stockspix
ciosi, Gérant at Hotel Poretta, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
hello Sir

I can not belive you that you treat me like a lyer ,i remember about you and i found ver very bad your comments you told me on morning that you have no air conditioning in your but there is it is not my fault if you touch the button and you wanted un discount about the air conditioning and mosquito ,of course i told you is not possible to have a discount because is not the fault of the hotel; the air conditioning were and mosquito sorry but there are in the sky .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sheffield, England
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel. On arrival we were greeted by english-speaking staff who seemed friendly and graceful. During the night the air-conditioning went off at around 2 to 2.30 a.m. on a night when the pollution hung low over Bastia, cloaking the mountains and valleys with a light smog. The room immediately heated up and we tried to get the Air-con working again. As we needed to breathe, and as there was only one elderly man with no english on reception, we decided to open the windows. At that point we were invaded by the local mosquitos and were heavily bitten. This hotel is on the side of the main road to the airport. During the rest of the night we were constantly woken by racing motorcycles and cars, trucks and supply lorries.
We had booked this hotel because we had an early flight. We awoke to our alarms in a dreary state. At reception I asked if they, under the circumstances that the air-con had broken down, and with all due respect, would reconsider their room rate. I was told immediately and in no uncertain terms that I was the sort of person who travelled the world trying to beat hotels down on price with any sort of flimsy excuse. When I told the 'lady' that I had just left a hotel which I had overpaid by one night without request for refund, and that I was not the person she was attempting to describe, she flew into a rage that surprised me greatly. She flatly denied the air-con had been turned off early and insisted that it was on until 6.30 a.m. because that was their system. I made no remark on this, but she would not look me in the eye when she said it because she knew I was correct. When I pointed out that she was actually accusing me of lying about the air-con by her flat refusal to even check it out, she added a further tirade of verbal abuse and flounced off back to the bar.. or the pit from which they had found her. From her general demeanour I would suggest that security is never a problem at this hotel.
By the way, I paid in full, as I always do, without further question. If they had offered me an apology for the air-con... said there had been a breakdown... or some mistake etc., I would not have raised it as an issue and just left it as an unfortunate experience.

Room Tip: Choose one at the back, then if they switch off the air-con early - which they will - at least you c...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cybermouse

Travellers are raving about these Lucciana hotels

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel because I needed to take a flight in Bastia Poretta airport. I chose this hotel because it was conveniently located and offered free parking. The room was very comfortable and large, it had a balcony and the bathroom was large too. Personnel was polite and helpful. There are two restaurants at walking distance from which it is possible to buy some drinks to take and a more commercial area 5 minutes drive with the car. Free wifi is available at the lobby area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sonia C
Geetbets
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Hotel Poretta is located in Lucciana, along the road from the N193 to Bastia / Poretta airport.
The area is rather desolate with along and opposite the hotel two restaurants and a garden center on the right. Activity is more along the N193, some 2 km away.
On arrival the first impression of the hotel is positive. It looks beautiful, a little from the road, a large driveway, a green lawn, some beautiful palm trees, ... On the parking there is more than enough space.
The neat impression is continued in the entrance hall. At our arrival the girl at the reception was in a busy call but once finished focused completely on us. The doors close between 11 pm and 7 am, but you get a piece of paper with the code. Entering after closing time is no problem.
The carpet on the second floor is really in need for replacement. Just before the elevator is a large piece cut out and then replaced by another piece from and stuck together with duct tape. This gives an inexpensive and untended view.
Room, bathroom and terrace are spacious. The shower head gave initially a problem because it always tilted downward, but with some skill and a little bit of toilet paper that evil was quickly and easily fixed (for the owner: Room 227 - the button to raise or lower the shower head does not to clamp adequate enough to the shower rod). The bed was ok, room is properly cleaned and towels changed regularly, even if you hang them back for reuse.
The hotel has no restaurant on site. Opposite the hotel is very old fashioned restaurant with a limited menu for when you're hungry and have little time to look for anything else. We have not tried the restaurant besides the hotel,.
Breakfast is not included in the price and you have to register at the reception if you want it or not. The first morning we did but it was a bit disappointing. It's not a buffet. Everyone gets two croissants and a sandwich, a few portions of jam and butter, a pot of yogurt, a jar of applesauce, juice and coffee or tea. You do not are hungry when you leave the table, but that’s it. This really can be better.
The hotel is quite ok if you have a few days for exploring the island, less for longer stays. Fot that it is too far from the beach or other forms of entertainment.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Netherlands
Reviewed 28 July 2010

When we travel in France we rely always on the Michelin Guide but this hotel is clearly a mistake.
No refrigerator in the room. No personnel in the lobby/hotel after 10 PM.
We felt not safe at all. Who will guard the hotel, what will happen in case of fire?

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
laetitiaciosi, Propriétaire at Hotel Poretta, responded to this review, 31 July 2010
hello i saw your comment that i found very very strange .i remember about you and i can not accept that you told about refrigerator in the room because in the guide is not written that we have refrigerator in the rooms ,also about the security of the hotel ,the hotel opens at 7am until midnight and not 10pm like you told in your comment ,last thing in case of emergency don 'worry because if we are open until 30 years it is not for nothing;
like i told you on reception when you were ,we live in the hotel we have our flat in the hotel and we have emergency alarm in the hotel.i think you did not go often in hotels during your life .last thing we change your room after your arrival because you found your first room was not so good !!!!! the hotel was recently renovated (2009) so everythings has been changed even the beds !!!