“A place to go with the children...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #19 of 30 Restaurants in Cranleigh
Price range: US$42 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Surrey
“A place to go with the children...”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We sat and endured very loud and unruly children for the entire meal. The pizza was soggy in the middle. We did get a free bottle of fizz as we had a voucher but would have preferred to have a well made/cooked pizza and more peaceful atmosphere.
Will go to Pizza Express in Horsham next time.

Visited February 2013

Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“Good Pizzas”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I don't like pizzas, so I am not a good judge and the menu for non-pizza eaters is not very exciting. Must admit that all my family quite enjoyed it especially the two vegetarians as they have quite a good choice.

1 Thank Penny S
Rudgwick, United Kingdom
“The only Pizza Express that doesn't seem to work”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I have eaten at Pizza Express in Cranleigh on several occasions - mostly because there is little else in this large village. The food is good but this particular branch/franchise just doesn't seem to work. It doesn't seem to matter how friendly the staff are (and they have not all been of the company's usually high standard - once we had to wait for some time for our order to be taken while the waiter stood outside the restaurant chatting to a friend of his who happened to be riding by on his bike - this place seems to have a constant stream of new people working there. It just lacks atmosphere. Probably due to the fact that it hardly has any customers.

• Visited January 2013
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“In desperate need of a refresh and some service reviews”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Having eaten here twice in the past fortnight, and being a big fan of Pizza Express in general for 30 years, I felt I had to write this review, in the hope that something will change.

As others have said, this place is extremely tatty. Horrid maroon plastic chairs that remind me of school are in a poor state, especially the metal legs whose paint is all chipped. Tables almost all have their dark varnish peeled or scratched. Floor and ceiling are drab affairs, and the washrooms (male anyway) like something at the back of a staff canteen. The sign to them was a crumpled piece of paper taped to the wall at waist height. Really???

Last night there were two wait staff on duty and only a handful of customers, yet 7 minutes after ordering two drinks on arrival I had to chase them up. Last week the waitress offered us extra drinks as, after 35 minutes, she confessed our order had been forgotten. Yes, that night was busy, but this is not a big restaurant and the service is just not good enough. Pleasant enough staff, sure, but just not really 'on it'.

The only reason I went back was because I was a guest this time, and besides, I like the food well enough. But I cannot believe that Head Office would let this place carry on trading under the Pizza Express name if it saw how poorly this place reflects their upmarket brand.

At 9.30 we were the only table left, yet whilst there was food on the floor the unoccupied staff were not tidying it up. Earlier I had winced as tables were being cleared by a waitress loading up a large grey plastic washing up crate - adding to the sense of being in a staff canteen.

In fairness I should say that the food was absolutely fine.

Easily the worst Pizza Express I have ever visited. Sorry.

• Visited February 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Good pizza place - Always good food along with atmosphere & location. Staff are pleasant and always willing to help

Visited January 2013