“Impossible to overpraise!”

Curry Inn 84
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Cranleigh
Price range: US$20 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant details:Good for:Romantic, Business, Special Occasion Dining, Entertaining clientsDining options: Lunch Spot, Dinner, Reservations, After-hoursNeighborhood: Guildford/CranleighDescription: "This elegant and sophisticated restaurant has been pleasing diners from Cranleigh and beyond for years. The transformed interior features olive, aubergine and burgundy soft furnishings and , which create a romantic and enchanting ambiance. We're not naming names, but, but you could star-spot politicos, media types and artists here. Or you could just enjoy the terrific food and smooth service. What's cooking? The gourmet Indian menu features favourites like Goan curry and lamb dishes cooked in the ""Jewel of gravies"", or spoil yourself with fresh king prawn in a tomato and brandy sauce served. Vegetarians will be very happy here with anew dishes to impress, as will those who enjoy an adventurous and exciting wine list! "owner Jubair Zaman has taken inspiration from his mother's kitchen in, providing a fantastic overview of the home cookery of that region too. Food quality is of the utmost importance but Curry inn84 is almost as well known for its ambience - relaxed and comfortable but still with look and feel throughout the entirely modern interior.Restaurant established 1984
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Impossible to overpraise!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Always enjoyed superb menu and ambience from this extremely professional and friendly restaurant, there is only one Curry restaurant worth visiting in Cranleigh and this is it, no question!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank L P
Jubair Z, Manager at Curry Inn 84, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear guest.
Thank you for taking your valued time to write this review of experience in our restaurant and your regular visitor it will be a great pleasure to host you again on your next visit and we we we already looking forward to hearing from you.

Surrey
“Excellent”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We ordered our food and did not have to wait long. I had chilli chicken and spinich which was absolutely spot on. My friends had a chicken korma and a madras. Our rice and naan breads were piping hot and absolutely cooked freshly to order. The restaurant has a great atmosphere for everyone from couples to a girls night out. The service is unobtrusive but attentive. I have been coming here for 14 years and my friends who came for their first visit have been back since with their partners. Keep on doing a great job in Cranleigh. Will be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Derekthesheep
Jubair Z, Manager at Curry Inn 84, responded to this review, 14 May 2014

Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“Cant work this place out”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Last night I took my mother out for a curry and we decided that the Curry Inn would be the place. We have been here many times and usually good but recently we have a bad meal followed by a great meal so since we are limited to two in the village we risk it.

The problem with this meal was that my meal (Chicken Madras) was sour to taste. My mothers (chicken shashnik, i think that is how you spell it) was also sour with too much lemon/lime on it.

I mentioned it to the waiter that cleared the plate but received no acknowledgement that I was unhappy. The service is usually good but they need to sort out this every other poor meal.

Moaning over I shall try the Rania again since it has been a while.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank James C
Jubair Z, Guest Relations Manager at Curry Inn 84, responded to this review, 1 February 2015
Hi James C I am really sorry to hear about you and you're mother had bad experience our restaurant should've complain at that time your meals would of have been replaced straight away.
Please email me with the date so I can investigate this further,
please do contact me on your next visit at our restaurant.

(info@curryinn84.co.uk)

Best regards.
Cranleigh
“This is a quality South Asian experience with the highest quality cooking”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I arrived in 1984, just as the Curry Inn 84 opened under new management as a then-traditional Curry house complete with onion domes, red flock wall-covering, red mock-velvet seats and strident Indian Pop songs . The new owners very quickly renovated the restaurant and the food was prepared on site rather than standard "Indian" bought in food and it became the firm favourite.

In the early 2000's the then owner must have spent a fortune upgrading it to what it is today, but sadly died after quite soon it had reopened. His relations have kept to his vision to bring a true and wide variety of South Asian food menus and at all times maintaining the highest standards. The staff are extremely attentive and the atmosphere is fantastic leading to a happy, busy and successful business.

Of course, one of the results of such success is that they are always full and occasionally staff fall ill, which inevitably can lead to delays but quite honestly it is so well worth waiting for. Quite obviously, people do vote with their feet as there are SEVERAL half empty Indian restaurants in Cranleigh to go to, on a Friday night..

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Lordrobson
Jubair Z, Manager at Curry Inn 84, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear guest thank you so much for writing and wonderful review about our restaurant of your experience over the years that is 30 years of your valued custom once again I can't thank you enough we love to see you again for your next visit to our restaurants.

Please accept our warmest regards team Curry Inn84 and management
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good food, Good Value”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Excellent food for a very good price. I had the mixed grill, that also included tandoori prawns. Came with a salad bowl, and mint sauce. Very tasty, will definitely return on my trips

Visited January 2014