“So great!”

Glassblowing & Paperweight making
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Cranleigh
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had such a wonderful day with Jake and his Mum Jo. They look after you so well and don't just impart the functional aspects of working with glass but, the history and design aspects. We spent the morning using and learning about the tools and working the glass to understand how it reacts to being worked. When we asked a question Jakes response was "lets try that and see what happens!" He encourages us to think beyond the colour and form of what we were making and think about what we wanted the piece to suggest. I found the day as relaxing as a spa as exciting as climbing a mountain but, with the bonus of having crated something that will bring me joy for years. I must add we made so many bits of glass and with Jakes guidance all of them came out great so, I have gift I can give aways that people will love and to my mind making this day cost neutral. I will be going again!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had an excellent day here, doing the one day course - we learnt SO much - practical skills and loads of glass facts and history. It was jam packed and Aaron and Jake were really knowledgable and paced the day brilliantly, as well as being good company along with Jo providing refreshments throughout the day. It was amazing to see how much we achieved. Jake's artistry with glass is beautiful and the studio is full of gorgeous pieces.

1  Thank suze30
Reviewed 29 March 2014

One day course, just for the two of us. Jake and Aaron tremendously passionate and knowledgable, Jo the perfect hostess. From learning the basics to glass blowing, simply fabulous! Highly recommended, can't wait to collect our pieces

1  Thank Love-being-pampered
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my two days learning how to work with glass. Such an amazing experience that I won't forget in a hurry. I was so surprised what I ended up making in such a short space of time. Thank you

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Recent girlie weekend included a day making glass artifacts. Have done similar ,no where near as good elsewhere,
Very informative , hands on , satisfying day with lots of 'heirlooms' produced. !!! , constant stream of tea coffee and homemade cake . Very well balanced day, small numbers with realistic sense of achievement for all, Well recommended for a bonding weekend.

1  Thank buckle-bugs