“Glassblowing course” 5 of 5 bubbles

Glassblowing & Paperweight making
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Glassblowing course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2014

This was a great way to learn a new skill with my mum. A fascinating insight into such a specialist craft. We were amazed at how much we covered in one day! They know their stuff here and are obviously passionate about their craft. Jake's relaxed and supportive teaching style was ideal for us. The session was well-paced and challenged us both creatively. Well worth travelling to get there. We were made to feel at home and encouraged to explore and play with the materials. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Glassblowing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2014

I had a absolutely brilliant day on the course. Jake was an excellent tutuor, relaxed, patient, kind and caring. I was amazing I learnt so much about the history of glass. I had taken a book along to show Jake of my Dad who use to have his own glass blowing business and Jake was so helpful in explaining about what my Dad would have done! I would recommend this course to anybody, so enjoyable and I brought back some lovely items of glass I had make. Thankyou so much Jake and thanks for all the refreshments Jake's Mum xx

Visited October 2014
Epsom, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had such a wonderful day with Jake and his Mum Jo. They look after you so well and don't just impart the functional aspects of working with glass but, the history and design aspects. We spent the morning using and learning about the tools and working the glass to understand how it reacts to being worked. When we asked a question Jakes response was "lets try that and see what happens!" He encourages us to think beyond the colour and form of what we were making and think about what we wanted the piece to suggest. I found the day as relaxing as a spa as exciting as climbing a mountain but, with the bonus of having crated something that will bring me joy for years. I must add we made so many bits of glass and with Jakes guidance all of them came out great so, I have gift I can give aways that people will love and to my mind making this day cost neutral. I will be going again!

Visited July 2014
UK
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Glass blowing blows the mind!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had an excellent day here, doing the one day course - we learnt SO much - practical skills and loads of glass facts and history. It was jam packed and Aaron and Jake were really knowledgable and paced the day brilliantly, as well as being good company along with Jo providing refreshments throughout the day. It was amazing to see how much we achieved. Jake's artistry with glass is beautiful and the studio is full of gorgeous pieces.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank suze30
Hook, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“An amazing, never forget day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

One day course, just for the two of us. Jake and Aaron tremendously passionate and knowledgable, Jo the perfect hostess. From learning the basics to glass blowing, simply fabulous! Highly recommended, can't wait to collect our pieces

Visited March 2014