“Great Change from Traditional Curry”
Review of Meghalaya - CLOSED

Meghalaya
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 March 2014

After discovering a link between the restaurant and our local curry house in cookham and We were pleasantly surprised to find a very different style of curry nothing like your traditional curry dish but we asked for the chefs special we pleasantly surprised not to be presented with rice or chicken but with a fantastic looking fish dish with all sorts of edible decoration! it was beautifully presented! The restaurant is slightly cramped inside but has your normal curry house feel white line etc!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

What an awful experience I had when I was enticed into going to this typical "curry house". My workmate lives in Cranleigh and asked me to join him, I normally go to two other restaurants around Guildford. The food was served late and the Lamb Jalfrezi was absolutely tasteless more.My friends Chicken Vindaloo wasn't that much either.The naan was soggy and the rice sticky. What really got me angry was the slowness in the service. The restaurant was almost half empty and it was Saturday. All we heard was the awful shouting and yelling that was coming out of the kitchen, someone in there was furious. The management should remember this is a restaurant, and not a bus station café!.
Never again, I told my friend to drive a few miles into Guildford and surrounding areas to get the best Indian.

4  Thank Steven P
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife was sold a voucher by an employee of this restaurant when he called at our house.

Looking forward to a nice meal we all went along this evening. The food was passable, although not as good as the Curry Inn. However, when it came to paying, they refused to accept the voucher we had purchased in good faith for £10.00 from someone who they admitted was an employee of their firm. The reason was not entirely clear but it seems that the employee had been operating beyond his authority in offering us the discount for the weekend.

If the restaurant management have a complaint, it should be with their employee; not their customer (us in this case). We have a contract which they failed to honour, simple as that.

To add insult to injury, they made us feel like we were trying to pull a fast one on them and even refused to return the voucher at one point until we threatened to call the police.

Without doubt, this was the rudest and least appealing service my family and I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. How amazing to find such a "hidden gem" on our doorstep in Cranleigh.

We are making a complaint to Trading Standards.

8  Thank Wanderkarte
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Absolutely appalling service went at lunchtime was told we would have to finish by 2.15, after we had already ordered drinks, we were going to move on elsewhere as we were not wanting to be rushed. When the food arrived the rice was in clumps clearly re-heated then my friend found a long hair in his curry we did call a member of staff over who, after much discussion, telephoned someone else. A gentleman then arrived told us we did not have to pay and not to come back. First time I have ever been banned from a place. My wife called them later in the evening appalled by what had happened and was told that we did not have to go there. No apology, and when she questioned their hygiene rating of only three she was told they are a new place and are working up to it and because the hair was blonde it did not belong to any of their staff.
We will go back to the good old Curry Inn.

6  Thank McQ10
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Well above many other Surrey curry houses with good quality well spiced food. The tables are not too close, service good and food well priced and tastes that are reasonably authentic