Open today: 08:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Fabulous!

Great place, very well organised, horses in great shape and not your usual school ones - ride was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Catherine P
Aldenham, United Kingdom
Amazing Riding Experience ❤️

Had the most amazing time at Horse Riding Surrey, I booked the "Riding on the Gallops" experience... read more

Reviewed 23 June 2018
Kris3510
via mobile

All reviews hour hack can't wait to come back schooled horses lovely countryside stables canter riders alex novice jb
Reviewed 5 January 2015

On Saturday I took the opportunity to have my first experience of going on a professional stables all weather gallops in Pulborough. Famous to the Harwood dynasty. I have to say what an amazing few hours we all had despite the weather be very changeable. this didn't matter to me as we started in the rain and our final gallop finished with a rainbow.

We were on the all weather surface 3 times in all. starting with a trot on the first run. The 2nd was a canter/gallop. the final one was a gallop at full blast.

After each blast you have a mile to walk on the road back to the start which is good as the horse and rider need a rest....... it is a good way to chat to the others and get there thoughts and find out about each other. it is really socialble. I wish there was coffee shop on hand to have a drink after.......

The feeling the horse gives you is incredible and it is so soft underfoot. They love it as much as you. I rode JB a hunter who is fairly new to the yard. He was fantastic. big strong and had a real turn of foot. He was a complete gent and took some pulling up even on the 3rd gallop. I would highly recommend him and I will be riding him again soon.

The fastest horse on the day was Brook ( and the quirkiest ). I am going to lose some weight to ride him I hope one day .......

I was very lucky that the group of 3 other riders were all exceptional so you do not feel you are holding anyone up. Hats off to the stable staff from HRS which was led by Ella with her colleague Sarah on hand also.They gave complete reassurance as this is not for the faint hearted.

If you are planning to do this in my opinion you must be a confident, self assured rider, as the gallop is approx. 3/4 mile long and the horses will RACE.

Go and enjoy as it will quite simply take your breath away.

A 10/10 experience.

Mark from Findon Valley

2  Thank MarkFJ2528
Reviewed 4 January 2015

I've ridden locally (Kingston/Richmond) but found many places to be expensive and restrictive. Horse Riding Surrey are reasonably priced (for riding!), were very friendly, relaxed and have fantastic horses. The countryside is beautiful and the ride was just a great experience.

1  Thank Lilo_Lil1000
Reviewed 9 December 2014

I have ridden with Horse Riding Surrey twice before on Groupon deals, 2 hour hacks. Thanks to Groupon I have stumbled apon an AMAZING place. Such beautiful countryside and fun horses hand picked for me - which really suited me and my riding style. Alex (owner) is so friendly and her husband (Stuart?) is always ready to capture your moment with his sharp photography skills! I have just booked a trip out with them to race gallops in West Sussex... REALLY excited!! It is expensive, but horse riding is these days, so I don't think unreasonable. And you WILL have a fantastic time to remember!! I will keep going back.

Reviewed 23 November 2014

Very friendly staff who are very helpful and relaxed, stunning scenery out on the hack, very good horses, lovely surrounding area

1  Thank sp751
Reviewed 17 November 2014

A lovely riding experience with imaginative hacks, beach rides and sponsored events with an enthusiastic owner and staff.

The best in the south region.

1  Thank Martin M