NH Sotogrande(Sotogrande)(Great Value!)
US$127
Las Camelias(Sotogrande)
US$88
  • Restaurant
Club Maritimo de Sotogrande(Sotogrande)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$169
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

La Dulcinea(Sotogrande)(Great Value!)
US$114
Alcaidesa Hotel(Alcaidesa)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$181
US$168
Finca Monasterio(San Martin del Tesorillo)
US$211
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplay golfgolf coursegaia restaurantlos pinospro shopbreakfast buffethole coursesmain buildingnine holeindoor poolgolf breakround of golfgolfers paradisegreat facilitieslocal restaurantsspa facilitiesexcellent golf
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Great hotel, good rooms, excellent breakfast. The hotel is quite small but the rooms are all around the grounds and the facilities are excellent. The golf is quite hard over 3 courses which are tight and often on a hillside, too many balls lost but wonderful views. Only downside could be the price of meals at lunch or dinner and little option nearby.

Room Tip: Any room seems to be good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The hotel is pretty pleasant, if a little characterless in the way that large resort type places of this kind can be. The rooms are nice, the pool area very attractive and the breakfast buffet is good. Don't play golf so can't comment on the quality of the courses. If you are not there for golf, it's a bit of trek to places outside the hotel to eat - Sotogrande is about €20 in a taxi.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed at the Almenara golf resort in Sotogrande this month and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The resort itself is not gigantic and so getting aound was easy enough whether I had a golf cart or not. It is tucked into the hills and you really should have a car at your disposal else you will be stuck after golf hours. Having a car will give you easy access to Sotogrande Marina with its many restaurants, to Guadiaro, to Castellar de la Frontera and even to Gibraltar, all within 20 minutes driving. Almenara has three nine-hole golf courses and while one - Los Pinos - was closed for maintenance during my stay I played the other two: Los Lagos and Los Alcornoqas several times. With regard to golfing I have to say that the pro-shop was a disappointment with the staff making little to no effort to solve a problem that I encountered. This is the only reason that I did not give the hotel a rating of "five". The hotel itself was really nice and I had a really comfortable room very close to the main building that housed breakfast, dinner and the bar. The bed was very comfortable and rooms have a little garden behind them that offer me a great view of the coast below. While I read reviews and did not try the buffet dinner, a person that I met there did and it seems that the reviews are correct. Breakfast is great but for dinner it is much preferable to go to one of the many nearby restaurants. Having said this, the lunchtime restaurant just above the pro shop called Veinteeocho (there are after all 27 holes) was great. I would surely return to the Almenara hotel but only to play golf. If you are not a golfer, find someplace closer to the beach. I want to point of Rafa who seemed to always be on hand and was always willing to help and to give direction.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the main building a preferably with a back yard and a view of the coast. I was in 102 and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We travelled as a group of 4 friends in April with Golfbreaks.com.On arrival at the beautiful hotel we were received by some extremely polite reception staff and processed with a minimum of fuss.The Veinteeocho was the next port of call for an early afternoon drink on the sun terrace and were pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive the drinks were (Draught beer),however,the food although very tasty was way overpriced!!The rooms were spacious,clean and first rate to be honest.The Gaia restaurant is where you can fill up on an excellent breakfast buffet,either continental or Full English and the service again was excellent!One of the few disappointments was the evening buffet which was absolutely awful.....if it wasn't inedible it was either too salty or barely warm...steer clear!!Go into Sotogrande Marina and goto 'The Hairy Lemon' for a few drinks and something to eat or just opposite is an Italian restaurant called 'Frascati's' which i'd highly recommend!Onto the golf courses which for high handicap golfers like ourselves was a huge challenge......very hilly,lightning quick fairways which taper off into oblivion but all that apart,very attractive courses and very enjoyable!!My tips in a nutshell are :1)Get a buggy,you'll need it 2)Get water from the bar the evening before as there are no onsite shops 3)For an evening meal go into Sotogrande marina 4)If you want lively nightlife look elsewhere....this area is geared towards golf and little else!!! 5)Speak to 'Rafa' the concierge,he'll help with anything!! 6)Stock up on cigarettes before you go as there is nowhere to buy onsite or nearby!
On the whole this was a perfect place to play golf,relax and unwind for 4 days....any longer would've been a challenge to stay entertained!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simon K
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Travelled on the 27th Feb 12 for ten days stay with 5 rounds of golf. The trip was arranged via Golf Breaks.com. The weather during our stay was great except for one heavy rainstorm, otherwise shorts and golf shirts the order of the day. The public rooms and the bedrooms are first rate, the latter having two queen size beds, two armchairs and a flat screen tv with BBC 1 and 2, along with many other channels. Bathrooms an excellent size with many unexpected extras, from hair brush to toothbrush and sponges, moreover clean towels available twice a day.The golf course was excellent long with many interesting elevated tees and lightning quick greens. We were allowed to play in a 2 ball, my wife and I and progress was excellent with one exception when we followed a German 4 ball, one of whom insisted on playing from the white tees and all four of them were walking. Five and a quarter hours later it was clear that walking this course was for the very young and fit with large distances between some holes and big elevation changes. The staff in the pro shop were excellent, smiling and helpful, we altered several tee times to quieter periods and even on one occasion altered to an earlier day, Vanessa deserves a special plaudit for her attitude. Almenara is on the sottogrande estate about an hour and a quarter south from Malaga on the toll road a very easy drive to exit 133. The surroundings are sensational with stunning views all around. On the downside it is fairly remote with very little to do other than golf. The marina is a 36 Euro round trip away by taxi and other than the Sunday market (antique and clothes) the marina was very quiet in the evening, during our stay, with just a few bars open. The other major criticism of the holiday was the food in the restaurant and the price of refreshments. On arrival we were offered 5 days buffet dinner for 25 euros a night each, or 2 days for 30 euros a night each. We had read some doubtful reviews on trip adviser so opted for the 2 day option to try things out. Both breakfast and dinner were well set out in the comfortable dining room and both had a plentiful and tasty variety of cold dishes but the hot food was appalling for the price, being unappetising and luke warm at best. On the final morning I watched a new delivery of scrambled egg being brought in thinking oh good, only to find it was stone cold. I told the waitress, who in fairness offered to bring fresh but I had a plane to catch and could not be bothered waiting. Why would they bring out a stone cold dish in the first place? My wife and I normally breakfasted on the wide selection of fresh fruit and breads and the cold dishes on offer allied to good coffee this was adequate. In the evening we visited Pueblo Neuvo de Guadiaro were we stumbled upon a servicable Italian Ristorante, which we visited twice and an absolutely brilliant Grill Argentino called La Reunion, where the Empanados and the grilled meats were superb. I count myself an afficianado and I can say the entrecote steak and the rib eye were as good as I have ever tasted, it was very quiet though and I hope it survives it certainly deserves to as the service and welcome was equally outstanding.
To recap great hotel premises, great golf, great weather sort out your hot food its such a let down compared to everything else.

Room Tip: Close to main hotel is convenient
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple