Stayed for 3 nights Easter weekend not quite sure how this hotel gets in to small leading hotels of the world! The rooms are good, with great views, how people say beds are great is beyond me and pillows are even worse, the restaurant and bar are nothing to do with hotel, they are independent and whilst we were there we went to bar for a drink, but not allowed in, they had a private booking that night, so we had to go out to drink then eat, we ask if this was right at reception and was told sorry we can't control either of them, and tonight it seems they are closed to the hotel! And it looks like in the summer when Sotogrande is real busy this will happen more often then not, because they want the hotel guest only when it suits them! There is no swimming pool, although the beach is close, but there are no facilities on the beach, so be prepared to take your own drinks etc, they allow people to stay with animals, and whilst I quite like dogs, I would prefer a room that not had dogs stay! Whilst we were there at least 3 rooms had dogs present, that we see!
Breakfast is adequate with reasonable choice (cold buffet breakfast only)
In all its ok for price out of season, but could be an issue in high season.
And it's lack of facilities lets it down badly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of the Mediterranean Sea and in south of Europe, in Andalusia, our hotel offers you the opportunity not only to enjoy the good weather but also to practise golf and sailing The climate and the geographical features in the area are ideal for these activities. In addition, at the Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande we offer our clients a personalized and exclusive treatment according to their preferences giving them the chance to enjoy customized holidays.The Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande, located next to the Marina, is situated in the vicinity of the best golf courses in the area, close to Marbella and Gibraltar, best golf courses in the area, close to Marbella and Gibraltar,and only 45 minutes away from the international airport of Malaga.At Hotel Club Maritimo de Sotogrande we offer our clients a refined and comfortable decor with a modern and sophisticated style, created recently by the prestigious interior designer Pascua Ortega. A peaceful and intimate atmosphere, exclusively for our guests. In this atmosphere, we have made an effort to offer you contemporary (31 double-rooms, 8 suites and 2 penthouse suites) where the decor, equipment and the excellent personalised service create an absolutely luxurious welcome. Furthermore, all of our rooms have a a unique hallmark of distinction: the sea views.On the other hand, we pay special attention to detail for you to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable stay in one of the most prestigious areas in Europe. A dream come true. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Club Maritimo de Sotogrande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Maritimo De Sotogrande Hotel Sotogrande
- Hotel Maritimo De Sotogrande