“"Amazing experience"”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Simi Valley, California
“"Amazing experience"”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was not in our travel plans, but we are very thankful for finding "Casa Tlaquepaque". We originally had reservations to stay at Casa Armonia, as we arrived there we find out that they had over bucked the hotel and they had made arrangements for us to stay at Casa Tlaquepaque. We were upset at first but the owners of Casa Tlaquepaque were so kindhearted that it did not take us long to love it there. The hotel is very well maintained, very clean and the family is always there for you, be that you need advice as to where to go or just to seat and chat for a while. We will definitely be going back and will be taking our friends with us!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room in the second floor facing the pool and it has a beautiful balcony with a round table...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I can't say much that hasn't been said already by most of the other reviewers about the generosity and charm of Lorena, Alejandro and sons. Their casa, formerly the home and place of business of Alejandro's artisan family, is an oasis of calm and beauty in a big city. I echo everything said previously about the excellent breakfasts, great location, etc. I would certainly stay here again, and be welcomed back like an old friend, I am sure.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fruita, Colorado
Reviewed 21 November 2013

As you have to approach Casa Tlaquepaque from the west, because Juarez is one-way at this point, you may find the road a little bumpy and the area a little run-down. Don't be put off by the outside approach! Casa Tlaquepaque is really beautiful inside the garden and courtyard. There are lots of plants and trees. It is well-placed for walking to the center, with lots of restaurants and shops. Once you step inside, most of the sound from the town is gone. The room had plenty of space, with a sunny balcony on which to work or relax. The shower water took a little while to heat up but this is very common in smaller Mexican hotels and guest houses. You feel like you waste a lot of water. Breakfast was made to order and there was plenty of it. The members of the family, that runs this hotel, are all friendly and helpful. They even helped me jump-start my rental car!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I spent a week in Tlaquepaque and tried out the three most respected Bed and Breakfasts. I can honestly say that this was by far my favorite. The hospitality was amazing! I was on a business buying trip and the owners took so much time to guide me through the ins and outs of regional art. I can say that my business trip was a huge success and partially attributed to them. The rooms were clean and large. The home is spacious and beautiful. The area feels safe and everyone in the area is cordial. Breakfast was included and more that enough with fresh juice, fruit, and breakfast made to order. I loved it there and would not need to experiment any further. The only caviat to Casa Tlaquepaque is that the room I stayed in does not have AC. I couldn't, despite my best interests, stay there in the summer time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Carpinteria, California
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed in the hotel recently, and was so impressed with how helpful the owners were. We had a problem in town, and they went out of their way to help us, spending hours of their time to make sure everything was right for us. In addition, the pool/breakfast area is so comfortable - we were surrounded by lovely plants and sat next to the pool, and the breakfast was excellent. I had to leave very early and both owners were up helping me with my luggage and making sure everything went smoothly for me. The hotel is very close to all shopping and restaurants, and we were able to park inside off the street, which was convenient for us. I will definitely stay at the hotel again, and I will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
punta del burro
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We live in Mexico and often shop in Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque and Tonala. We just discovered this wonderful B&B and will be staying here from now on. The owners, Lorena and Alejandro, are natives to this area and are both willing and able to help with any question or problem you might have. Every morning we sat in the typical Guadalajara garden surrounded by plants, flowers and birds, having our fresh orange juice, fresh fruit, eggs to order accompanied by daily delivered fresh baguette bread. Then we were off to the stores - all within walking distance, while our car was safe inside the walls. WiFi worked perfectly and CNN and movies were available on the TV... I highly recommend this small, clean, safe, personal and cozy hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Reviewed 31 March 2012

In March 2012 we had to drop a friend off at the airport in Guadalajara and go to the Canadian Consulate to renew our passports. We took advantage of the trip to the big city (we live in Aguascalientes) to have a bit of R&R.

Casa Tlaquepaque was wonderful and extremely close to all that Tlaquepaque has to offer.

The hosts were helpful and informative.

The room was spotless and comfortable.

The breakfast was Delicious and filling.

The pool was COOOOLD as all unheated pools are in Mexico. My husband found it refreshing, but all I could do was put my feet in.

The courtyard was beautiful and relaxing. It didn't seem that anyone else was using it during the time we were there.

The only drawbacks:

We went down to the courtyard one afternoon after a short shopping trip. My husband jumped in the pool and I sat down to read a book. Before I did that I had to knock the dirt off the chairs. When my other half was done his swim (in a pool that was clean although messy with leaves, etc) he took a seat and came away with a filthy bathing suit. I'm guessing the furniture hadn't been dusted or cleaned for quite awhile. (but after having lived in Guadalajara for three years we know that keeping anything clean outside is a huge undertaking)

There were no mosquito screens which is a little disconcerting as dengue is an issue during the rainy season (no mosquitoes during March though, so not an issue for us).

There are fans but no A/C. Again, absolutely no problem for us because the weather in March is perfect but I wouldn't stay here in May or June during the hot season.

We loved the accommodations and would stay again without hesitation (but not between April 15 and July 15 unless our room had a/c or April 15 and October 15 unless our room had mosquito screens or confirmation that the area had been sprayed for mosquitoes)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple