“The Best”
Review of Casa de Las Flores

Casa de Las Flores
Ranked #1 of 10 Tlaquepaque B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2006

After reading other reviews, it is clear that there is little left to say about this absolutely special B&B. I will add that during our stay I experienced a medical 'emergency'. I was in dire pain and Stan offered to call his personal physician to make a house call. He also offered to interpret as I don't yet speak spanish. I decided to call my physician in the US first and Stan showed me how to use his Vonage line which worked wonderfully and at no cost to us. My physician prescribed a medication and Stan called ahead to the local neighborhood pharmacy so it was waiting when we arrived. I feel lucky and grateful to have found Casa de Las Flores. We will never have to look for another place to stay when we're near Guadalajara as we have already found the best.

Chris & Laura

P.S. The chocolate mousse was superb! :-)

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ldean

Reviewed 11 September 2006

It had been a little over 2 years since my last stay at the Casa de las Flores, and I really enjoyed my stay then. However, when I walked through the door into the main hall on my recent visit in September 2006, I was "wowed" by the results of their recently finished remodeling. The main room, which is an ideal gathering space for visitors, is stunning----the large and high chimney filled with Mexican artesania is beautiful and shows great architectural vision. Likewise, the outdoor patio now has been improved and is even better than before, protecting the visitor from rain and sun. The breakfasts are wonderful---the owner personally makes his own fabulous recipes. Lunch and dinner can always be quickly ordered in if you care to.

This Bed and Breakfast is fabulous and not to be missed. The owners and staff are friendly, helpful and go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. A 5-star review---you will be sorry if you miss a visit to the Casa de las Flores.

4  Thank wisconsin-usa
Reviewed 26 August 2006

At a time of worldy turmoil Casa de las Flores is and continues to be a peaceful, safe and lovely environment. To call it a place where one of their amenities could be more outstanding then another would be folly. The composite graces of beautifully designed spaces, lavish gardens, good food , and kindly staff take Casa de las Flores to a niche that cannot be easily shared with anyone else. I have been staying at Casa de las Flores for over 10 years and with each visit I conclude that there could be nothing else they could add to improve my stay , however, when I re-visit I am always proven wrong. ...Stan and Jose have taken the concept of Bed and Breakfast to an all time high that is not easily duplicated. I have traveled throughout Mexico and have many happy memories of my visits to this country, however, Casa de las Flores is the only place whose memories keep bringing me back . I have had business meetings, family vacations with grandchildren and just quiet visits with friends at Casa de las Flores. From all perspectives Casa de las Flores fulfills all my expectations.

2  Thank Kenis
Reviewed 17 August 2006

My husband and I spent over a week at Casa de las Flores. Everything behind the doors of the Inn seems more colorful and benevolent than the world you left behind! The main dining area is magnificent. Traditional adobe walls are topped with sliding glass windows, the high ceiling makes it feel even more spacious. There is an astonishing mosaic fireplace, and regional ceramics and paintings grace the room. There's a lush garden courtyard outside with a patio as well as winding paths that lead to quiet spots for reading or socializing.
I spent a lot of time looking at the incredible variety of plants, the splashing mosaic fountain, red beaked hummingbirds nectaring and once, a magenta butterfly. The place was spotless, and the staff discreet and very helpful. Our room had a sitting area screened off from the sleeping area, and we memorized the colors of the walls: soft warm blues against pale yellows and sage green, arched niches, large plates on the wall decorated with birds, antelope, flowers by local "brunido" artisans. Everything from the furniture to the door felt hand selected for aesthetics. Our hosts Stan and Jose were extremely helpful about how to get around- to marketplaces, specialty shops, museums and good restaurants and how to negotiate day trips to places like Tequilla with endless fields of blue agave against the mountains. I will definitely go back, and would recommend the Inn to anyone who yearns for a one of a kind experience.

Grace from California

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank masako
Reviewed 24 July 2006

Just got back from my first trip to Tlaquepaque/Guadalajara and I must say Casa de Las Flores was the best. Hosts Stan and Jose and their entire staff were so warm and gracious, they really made you feel welcome and comfortable. Stan has lots and lots of folk art all around and it's fun just walking around looking at everything. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. Very lush and tropical. The guest room we stayed in was very clean and quaint.
All in all we had a great trip and I would certainly recommend this place to anyone.

Andrea - California

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
5  Thank morris1
Reviewed 26 June 2006

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Casa de las Flores around Christmas of last year. The inn is truly an oasis of tranquility, filled with interesting art pieces (ask Stan for the tour!) We'd like to update our original review with recent news of Stan and Jose's continued help and support, six months later. At the time of our stay, we had commissioned an art piece from a local artesan, which never arrived. Although Casa de las Flores bore no direct responsibility, Stan took on our cause with the artesan and eventually offered us a refund from his own pocket. What more can we say?? Thank you, Stan and Jose, for the kind and honorable gentlemen you are.

P.S. As for the wonderful art, our advice is: support the local artists, but only buy what you can take with you or ship yourself.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank Susan85213
A TripAdvisor Member
Salinas, CA
Reviewed 7 June 2006

I went on this trip alone and I felt so safe. Don't let the location fool you. Once you walk through the front gate, it's like walking into another place. Lush greenery and beautiful rooms in artisic mexican style.
The owners provide personal attention and helpful information to first timers. Since they are American, they know how to soothe a nervou traveler. They offer maps of the area with locatios of bus stops, and place to exchange currency. They offer great advise on where to eat and what to avoid.
The nearby shopping has so much to offer at almost any price level. I spent a whole day there without even realizing it. It's very close to the main city of Guadalajara and easy to get to by bus.
I went in November and the weather was great. I went from the main airport to Casa de Las Flores by taxi which cost me about $25. I travelled around by taxi, bus, and the subway.

Stayed: November 2002