“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 bubbles

La Mata Tinta Tlaquepaque
Ranked #9 of 79 Restaurants in Tlaquepaque
Cuisines: Latin, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

After hearing about this restaurant I decided to try it. Very disappointed! I ordered a margarita on the rocks. It came in a normal size glass, but the contents could have fit in a 2 oz. shot glass. The appetizers had a nice presentation but were very small. The arrachera was tough and chewy. The smoked salmon had a rancid taste and a off color. When the waitress was told about it she took it off the table, but not off the bill...98 pesos......for 2 small bites. Then the bill came with a 15% service charge for entertainment that was happening later in the evening. It did'nt make a difference that I was'nt going to watch the show or not. The one saving grace was that the staff was very nice and attentive even though she could only apologize.

Visited March 2014

Kalamazoo MI
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I had a fabulous and very reasonable lunch at La Mata de Tinta yesterday. The service was impeccable and we sat at the table for about two hours and no one hurried us. The place is beautifully furnished with chandeliers made from recycled wine bottles--they are lovely and it took me a while to figure out how they were constructed. If you come upon the place in the photo attached to this description, enter and go all the way to the back. Be sure to check out Krystinas Boutique and just before that a pastry/sweets place.

Visited January 2014
“Best place to stay!!! I loved it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I just had the time of my life in Gdl, and staying at the apartments above La Mata Tinta was amazing. The room had everything I needed. Cristina, Doug and everyone else made me feel so welcome and assisted me with all of my questions. It was so comfortable, I found it hard to leave! The restaurant is amazing - great food, awesome music at night, and impeccable service! I recommend this place to everyone and anyone - you will love it here!!!

Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice, good food and cool concept”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

What I love about this place is that it has a really cool concept. They serve as an art forum for local artists, so all the artwork you see on the walls is made by local artists and it changes every 15 or 30 days. They also have a movie night every tuesday and live music and/or performing arts every evening from wednesday to sunday. The food is really good, the ambiance is nice, is not pricy at all and the service is great. They are closed on mondays.

• Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We had a late night dinner the night we fly into Guadlajara and lunch a few days later. The menu is varied with many different options breakfast through late night snacks. We happened to be staying in the apartments above and owned by the same people. This is a superior family operation where all family members chip in.

They have entertainment most nights - single musicians, bands and even a circus act one night we were there.

• Visited February 2013