“Unique!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Libertyville, Illinois
“Unique!”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Perfect place to relax, exceptional hospitality, a jewel in the heart of Tlaquepaque. I had been in prior stays at Intercontinental Guadalajara, Riu Guadalajara and wanted to be in a small city closer to my business meetings to minimize commute and maximize my evenings. Quinta Do Jose is suited for business travelers and I also plan to come with my family. I stayed in room 7. Loved the decor. I had customized breakfasts, after work, jumped in the pool and relaxed. The gardens, fountains, birds ... make it unique. I had dinner once in Tlaquepasta - had a combination of two pasta dishes - quite good!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My son and I spent two weekends at Quinta Don Jose and loved it. the staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Charley and Salvador in the bar and restaurant were so pleasant that my son and I enjoyed talking to them in the late evening while visiting the bar and restaurant. Our rooms (we stayed in two different rooms on the two weekends) were great.
the location in Tlaquepaque is outstanding. Only one block to the main square but on a quiet street. We will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: room 7 has two bedrooms separated by a bath. perfect for my son and me. room 12 has a large bedroo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Napa
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have stayed here a few times now and come away with the same conclusion. Very friendly staff, great location if you are shopping in Tlaquepaque, secure and quiet ( if you are in the back), decent food, VERY mediocre rooms. Though spacious, they are very outdated, little if no place to put ANY clothes, tiny bathrooms with zero counter space, funky decore, cheap, cheap windows/doors. there are so many great places to stay in the travel world, this just isn't it if you are looking for charm. Having said that, if you have to stay in Tlaquepaque, this is probably one of only a few decent choices. you just don't go to Tlaquepaque for dining or hotel ambience.

Room Tip: ask for something NOT facing the main street.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed there on a business trip and had room 1. Apart from the fact that you have to get used to the noise of the traffic, this hotel is in a fantastic location and the staff are fantastic.
They were helpful in every aspect and i even left money there to be collected by a consolidator and felt very comfortable doing so.
Heading back to Tlaquepaque, i would choose to stay there again.
A bonus having the pool for that late afternoon dip too.

Room Tip: if you can afford the rooms away from the road, then go for it but really it's just fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Bahamas
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This was our 2nd time staying and really enjoyed to location as it's so convenient to what we wanted to accomplish in Tlaquepaque. Had a huge room by the pool - our friends next door. This year I enjoyed the cool pool and of course the cocktails. We had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed. My friend and I had steaks and my wife the lamb- all just great. Can't see any reason to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Big rooms by the pool are great
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here with my parents while vising family. The hotel was adorable! Right in the heart of Tlaqapaque, but yet once you step into the hotel walls, you feel very secluded. The hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. We ate at the little restaurant at the hotel a couple times for dinner and the food is pretty decent. Great breakfast. We stayed in one of the suites right off the pool and it was nice. We were able to treat the little pool area as our own personal poolside oasis. Try the sangria! Delicious. An extra bonus is that they will come pick you up from the airport which is nice if it is your first time to the area. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Mexico
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is a great Boutique Hotel. Its right in the central area of Tlaquepaque... just two short blocks and your in the pedestrian zone for fantastic shopping. Estella and Arturo are the owners and take great care to look after every fine detail of the Hotel. Charlie is the Bartender and he always greets you with such a warm smile. The restaurant has a varied menu. The night we ate there, my friend and I had the Prime Rib Steak and his wife had the Lamb. All of the food was exceptionally presented and was delicious. If you like coffee with a little kick, I would highly recommend "Salvador's Coffee". Salvador is the waiter who prepares this fantastic delicacy!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel