“Another perfect stay at QDJ”

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Ottawa, Canada
“Another perfect stay at QDJ”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Once again, my stay at QDJ was amazing. Excellent service from all staff, beautiful decor, wonderful food, spotless room and great conversation with Charlie. If you're in Guadalajara for business or pleasure, I highly recommend a stay at this incredible place.
Kudos to everyone at Quinta Don Jose, and thanks once again!

Dave Villeneuve
Ottawa, Canada

Room Tip: Tough to pick a bad one, and I've stayed in 4 or 5 different rooms over the years.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I live near Guadalajara, and my cousin was visiting from the States. We decided to spend two nights at Quinta Don Jose. What a delightful experience! The staff were welcoming and helpful, and the room very nice and comfortable. It's a great location for exploring Tlaquepaque. I will definitely return with my husband. The Chef's Tour dinner was over the top fun and good. A great choice of place to stay.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, and are in the Deluxe category, choose #6. It has one king sized bed, but...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here May 18th - May 31st 2013. We stayed in room 12. It was perfect size for the 5 of us. The 2 kids (9&13yrs) stayed upstairs in the loft and the staff put a twin bed in the living room for our adult daughter (19yrs) and my husband and I had the bedroom. I liked that we had 2 full bathrooms, a kitchenette for snacks and lunches, and that the pool was right outside our door. The staff is very nice and very helpful with everything. From getting pool towels, calling taxis, booking outings, recommending activities, they were great! Our room was always clean and ready for us when we came back from our outings. The ladies at breakfast were very nice and the food was good. They offer a fruit plate, juice and delicious muffins which is enough but we also ordered other great items occasionally. The grounds are kept up real well and it is very peaceful. At night it is beautiful with the lights and fountains. When we were there they had a performer playing guitar and singing in the evenings. We didn't try the restaurant because we ate at the many street vendors near the Parian. But we can recommend the bar. They will even serve you at the pool or your room.
Overall we had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We plan on staying here again as a family next year as well. Thank You! to the staff of Quinta Don Jose for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TGARCIA3164
Chico
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My mom and I stayed here in March and I've got to say the staff was outstanding , the beds uber comfortable , the decor lovely and the "Chef's Tour" is a meal I will never forget. I absolutely love this place and will be back next year for more.I also want to give a shout out to Nik the fabulous driver who took my mom back to Chapala where she lives and picked up my boots that I had forgotten there and delivered them to me when he took me to the airport the next morning. Everything about this hotel is AWESOME! Thanks so much for everything. Karin Carrio

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed at another hotel nearby, and went to Quinta Don Jose for dinner. It's Italian, and quite good. They offer a nice variety of wines, which is a bit unusual for Mexico. I had the lasagna, which was very tasty.

You need to ring the bell, and someone will buzz you in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UpperValleyPark
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

As a couple we arnt really into the big tourist hotels so this was perfect for us. We only stayed for 2 nights as we wanted to explore different areas of Mexico but the hotel is beautiful, peaceful, quiet... everything you want from a relaxing holiday. we stayed in room 4, the room was lovely and clean, the bed was huge and it had air conditioning which is always a bonus. All of the staff were very friendly and willing to answer any questions. Tlaquepaque where the hotel is situated is also lovely, it has many mexican food stands and markets.
The hotels restaurant Tlaque Pasta is amazing, for the price you pay the food is unbelievable! The waiters were such gentlemen and live mexican music is played by different performers which gives the restaurant a great ambiance! I would love to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone heading in that direction.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria T
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The hotel is very pleasant, nice grounds, excellent secure parking, friendly staff - all OK
BUT the room was so small, the bed incredibly hard, I am still suffering two days later. The receptionist said it was a new mattress - must have been made of boards. Hard to sleep. Awful.
For over $100 per night it was not bargain for sure.
The breakfast in the morning was adequate and included - a saving grace.
Their restaurant was really good, the service and food were above par.

Room Tip: Ask for room that is close to the pool they appear to be larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
NH Collection Guadalajara Centro Historico
Hotel El Tapatio & Resort
Hotel El Tapatio & Resort
#8 of 11 in Tlaquepaque

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!