“Exquisite hotel with superb service”

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at the Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel for just one night, regrettably, before an early flight but it was lovely and a perfect place since we could check in and then go walking in Tlaquepaque for several hours, browsing the wonderful galerias. And, because there is a great restaurant in the hotel, Tlaque Pasta, having dinner and retiring early was easy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gloria M
There are newer reviews for Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you are visiting Tlaquepaque, this is the place. Note, if you are driving, look for the restaurant sign (Tlaquepasta), as the hotel sign seems to be non-existent. I'd stay again if in town.To address an earlier comment, I called for my reservation & the staff told me total price including VAT, so no surprises. Plusses:
*Genuinely friendly staff-from reception, to gardeners, to bartenders
*Spacious - both grounds and rooms
*Italian restaurant very good
*Clean, spacious rooms
Negatives:
*Thought the rooms were average value
*Tlaquepaque itself is not an overly charming town

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mdlgto
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We just spent three nights here with friends, in two large rooms next to the swimming pool. After staying in large chain hotels during previous visits, we decided to stay in Tlaquepaque, and enjoyed the atmosphere of the small town suburb very much. The Quinta is definitely an excellent property that is clean, well managed for the most part, with good breakfasts and a good restaurant, based on just one dinner. You can tell that the property has been around for a while, with some wear around the edges, and a definite "rustic" style to the furnishings and decor. I am a definite Scrooge when it comes to lavish praise, so i won't grant any here; the hotel receives plenty in other comments. There were a few minor problems but nothing that detracted from an overall very pleasant experience. The bathrooms are quite small, almost cruise ship size, but i imagine that is something from the past that would be very hard to change. The rooms, on the other hand, are quite spacious, at least the ones around the pool where we stayed. The calm and peaceful atmosphere at the hotel, in the middle of a city, was one of the best points about it. As is the fact that you can easily walk over to the main shopping streets and the main square. If you are a business visitor to the area, your activities probably dictate where you need to stay. If you are coming for a few days of vacation or sightseeing, this hotel can certainly be recommended. It is also an excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank veteranworldtraveler
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Once again, my stay at QDJ was amazing. Excellent service from all staff, beautiful decor, wonderful food, spotless room and great conversation with Charlie. If you're in Guadalajara for business or pleasure, I highly recommend a stay at this incredible place.
Kudos to everyone at Quinta Don Jose, and thanks once again!

Dave Villeneuve
Ottawa, Canada

Room Tip: Tough to pick a bad one, and I've stayed in 4 or 5 different rooms over the years.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I live near Guadalajara, and my cousin was visiting from the States. We decided to spend two nights at Quinta Don Jose. What a delightful experience! The staff were welcoming and helpful, and the room very nice and comfortable. It's a great location for exploring Tlaquepaque. I will definitely return with my husband. The Chef's Tour dinner was over the top fun and good. A great choice of place to stay.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, and are in the Deluxe category, choose #6. It has one king sized bed, but...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here May 18th - May 31st 2013. We stayed in room 12. It was perfect size for the 5 of us. The 2 kids (9&13yrs) stayed upstairs in the loft and the staff put a twin bed in the living room for our adult daughter (19yrs) and my husband and I had the bedroom. I liked that we had 2 full bathrooms, a kitchenette for snacks and lunches, and that the pool was right outside our door. The staff is very nice and very helpful with everything. From getting pool towels, calling taxis, booking outings, recommending activities, they were great! Our room was always clean and ready for us when we came back from our outings. The ladies at breakfast were very nice and the food was good. They offer a fruit plate, juice and delicious muffins which is enough but we also ordered other great items occasionally. The grounds are kept up real well and it is very peaceful. At night it is beautiful with the lights and fountains. When we were there they had a performer playing guitar and singing in the evenings. We didn't try the restaurant because we ate at the many street vendors near the Parian. But we can recommend the bar. They will even serve you at the pool or your room.
Overall we had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We plan on staying here again as a family next year as well. Thank You! to the staff of Quinta Don Jose for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TGARCIA3164
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My mom and I stayed here in March and I've got to say the staff was outstanding , the beds uber comfortable , the decor lovely and the "Chef's Tour" is a meal I will never forget. I absolutely love this place and will be back next year for more.I also want to give a shout out to Nik the fabulous driver who took my mom back to Chapala where she lives and picked up my boots that I had forgotten there and delivered them to me when he took me to the airport the next morning. Everything about this hotel is AWESOME! Thanks so much for everything. Karin Carrio

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core
Hotel Posada Virreyes
Hotel Posada Virreyes
#8 of 10 in Tlaquepaque

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!