“Fantastico!”

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A bit if peaceful paradise in the heart of Tlaquepaque! Great service, excellent restaurant. Will return next year. This was our second stay at Quinta Don Jose. This time stayed a full week. Close to fun shopping and several excellent restaurants. All in walking distance. You feel very safe and surrounded by helpful people!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at the Quinta del Don Jose. The location is in the center of Tlaquepaque, less than two blocks from El Parian. Our room (#4) was very comfortable and clean. The public areas of the hotel were nicely decorated. The grounds and garden are beautiful and well maintained. Charlie the bartender was competent and funny. Salvador in the restaurant was as gracious as possible and his recommendations were wonderful. Estella, Lucera, Angela and Brenda at the Front Desk were always very helpful. Before arriving, we had many questions that were very quickly answered by email. The three different drivers that were recommended by the hotel were all great and very helpful. All in all, we were extremely happy with the Quinta del Don Jose and look forward to staying again on our next trip to Guadalajara.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Warren B
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Where do I start, I personally screwed up my reservation dates for this hotel, providing them my departure date as my arrival date, a mistake I didn't realize until I was leaving for the airport. I was travelling during a busy period and as it turned out they were fully booked for the first two nights I was going to be in Tlaquepaque, clearly my problem not theirs - but - they made it theirs. While I was flying to Mexico, Estela from Quinta Don Jose was calling around and managed to find me accomodations (excellent accomodations at that) at a neighbouring property for the first 2 nights of my stay. It could have ended there and i would have been left with WOW factor but that was just the beginning. (As you might expect at this point beyond sorting things out for me, they didn't charge me for my error.)

Next came the time I got to spend in the hotel, I had read a number of complimentary comments about the staff and thus expected professional service. What I experienced however exceeded any expectations I had, when people say the staff here is exceptional, they are understating it at best. The people at the desk, the servers in the restaurant (the food is as good as the service), the bartender (Charlie who apparently has been there of years), the housekeeping staff, maintenance crew - any hotel would be proud to have these people on their staff. How they managed to put together such an excellent crew I don't know but prepare to be impressed.

Room Tip: I didn't have a room by the pool but those looked really nice to me - not that there was anythin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank stevez641
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have been here a dozen times but can’t stop raving about it. If you are looking for an incredibly quiet and tranquil setting this is it. Accommodations are nice but the grounds are outstanding. The restaurant and small bar are a hit with the all the locals and introduces you to an eclectic group of people from around the world. The entire staff, including the owners, speak English and are there to make your stay more comfortable. Every room is different and quirky (in a good way) The pet friendly grounds are perfect for your animals. Our dogs treat it like home!

Make reservations in advance as it fill up quickly and there’s really nothing else like it. It’s located in the heart of Tlaquepaque, just a block from the square and tons of shopping and attractions. So cool!

Room Tip: ask to see the rooms - they are all different.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stay at Quinta Don Jose whenever we pass thru Guadalajara on the way from San Miguel to the Cabo Corriente. It's a very friendly, convenient place with gated parking, a pool and a very nice restaurant. It's also just a block from the walking mall with all its shops and restaurants. There's a terrific Burger place that just opened half a block away. One nice feature of QDJ is that it's animal friendly with a nice grassy area where the dogs can wander around and take care of business.

Room Tip: If you have dogs, ask for a room near the pool and grassy area
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AbbaM
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our group of 4 (two adults, two teens) just returned from three nights at the Quinta Don Jose. We stayed in room twelve, which has a separate bedroom and bath with a king size bed, a small living/kitchen area, and a loft with two twin beds. The room worked well for us. The one minor complaint I have is that there was no dresser in the king bedroom, and limited closet space, but otherwise we had everything we needed. The room opened on to the garden and the pool.

We really enjoyed our stay. Guests tended to gather in the garden, particularly during happy hour, and we met some really interesting people and had some wonderful conversations. It is such a friendly, homey place, and everyone on the staff worked so hard to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The front desk staff went out of their way to offer assistance and recommendations, and Charlie the bartender is a master!

We look forward to returning in the future. Loved this place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Colcor5
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Recently we spent 3 nights at Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel. We had visited the hotel 3 years ago and were happy to experience the same hospitality this visit. The staff were wonderful at making guests feel welcome, and the food was delicious. We look forward to our next stay when again we are in Tlaquepaque!
Gracias!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathryn H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core
Hotel Real Maestranza
Hotel Real Maestranza
#1 of 131 in Guadalajara

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!