La Villa del Ensueno Hotel(Tlaquepaque)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Auto Hotel Niza(Tlaquepaque)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$35
US$34
Casa de los Soles(Tlaquepaque)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$31
All reviewspool sidethe entire staffthe main hotelan oasisel pariandeluxe roomshort blockssqueezed orange juiceguadalajara areacontinental breakfastsecure parkingfresh fruitwe've stayedsmall hotelthe main squarethe location is perfectlake chapala
Reviewed 13 April 2005

It was with some regret that I read the disparaging remarks relative to a stay by one TripAdvisor member from Philadelphia. It was stated that one of the managers did not treat him with courtesy with regard to some information about transportation to one of the bus stations.
It was my experience that the managers went out of their way to provide information in a courteous and intelligent manner.In fact it was noteworthy during my two weeks stay that they served as an accurate source of information on my transportation and visit to sites of interest. It was also notable that at all times I felt safe and confortable in the facility and the neighborhood.
The owners Arturo and Estella were extremely gracious and helpful.
My overall impression of the Quinta Don Jose was of an excellent B&B run by a friendly and capable staff. Yes, I would certainly stay at this place on my next visit to that area.

1  Thank pqgranada
Reviewed 2 April 2005

We stayed at QJH for 3 nights and honestly feel it was overrated. It was just ok, average. There was no phone in the room. It is under construction and there were 2 very unsafe areas for children. The margaritas cost $4.20 ($42 pesos), not cheap!

The room did not have a desk, or table to eat.

There were 2 nice staff members, and 2 who were not helpful or even nice.

The pool area and breakfast area were very nice.

Location was very good! 2 blocks from the action.

Beds were very comfortable.

We also stayed at La Villa del Ensueno, awesome staff and property, hard beds, ok location.

1  Thank jojo808
Reviewed 19 March 2005

If you are looking for a Oasis in city of 5 million people.....this is it! Unusual, but everything on their website is factual! My wife and I felt very safe, room very nice and clean, Art and Estella and the entire DQJ staff were very helpful with all kinds of information and can make almost any arrangement for you. Breakfast was very good and the grounds well kept. Very good value and we will stay there again.

3  Thank franklintostarkville
A TripAdvisor Member
Victoria, British Columbia
Reviewed 18 March 2005

A most enjoyable stay in this wonderful oasis in T'laquepaque with gracious hosts and delightful staff. We certainly plan to return.

Diane and John Anderson, Victoria, British Columbia

• Stayed: February 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 March 2005

This hotel is clean, comfortable and offers a nice breakfast. Beyond that, I have to agree with the reviewer that wrote that QDJ is "not all that." The reviews on this site suggest that there is something special to be found here, but I feel that QDJ was simply ordinary and even had a few significant drawbacks. Some of these included very loud street noise from the room, no telephone in the room, and poor television reception. While the furniture and décor is comfortable, it lacks the charm the tremendous reviews on this site might lead one to expect. I agree with the reviewer that says this is a work in progress. There are clearly good intentions and some of these are met, others still need work.

The main staff member working at the desk during our stay was either rude or simply unaccustomed to customer service. While the owners very kindly picked us up from the bus station, when we asked about a return ride, which their website explains can be arranged at an extra cost, the staff member seemed to chide us for asking for too much, explaining that we had only stayed two nights and had already taken advantage of our one ride. We weren’t looking for anything special---we had the website terms in mind and would have been happy to pay or have him simply call a cab! We then simply asked him to call a cab to take us to the bus station. He began lecturing us that there were two bus stations and he needed to know which one. I later realized that the two bus stations are either for local or long-distance trips. He might have just asked about our travel plans and offered helpful advice. I found this type of service really strange and an exception in an otherwise lovely stay with tremendous service in both Mexico City (at La Casona) and Puerto Vallarta (at Quinta Maria Quartez).

We had hoped to book a room at Casa de las Flores, which is down the street and was unfortunately booked while we were in town. The owner, Stan, invited us to come for drinks even though we were unable to stay. Visiting Casa de las Flores made QDJ pale all the more. Casa de las Flores' gardens were enchanting, Stan was cooking the most AMAZING smelling dish for tomorrow’s breakfast, and Stan presented us with a riveting tour of his collection of local ceramics which made our later visits around the markets much more enjoyable. I would certainly elect to stay at Casa de las Flores over QDJ in the future. Admittedly, my tastes veer to the funkier and Casa de las Flores is in a more "local" neighborhood (but still just two blocks from QDJ and three from the town center), but I felt QDJ does not yet cater to the sophisticated traveler as Casa de las Flores clearly does.

3  Thank VRL