All reviewspool sidethe entire staffan oasismaster suiteel parianshort blockssqueezed orange juicecontinental breakfastsecure parkingfresh fruitwe've stayedthe location is perfectsmall hotellake chapalapuerto vallartacharlieestelle
Reviewed 28 April 2005

Wow! What a treat it is staying at Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel.

The staff is pleasant and so accommodating.

This experience provided the rare opportunity of getting to spend time with the owners who care very much about your experience.

The setting inside this attractive compound is quiet and well kept.

When we return, we are looking forward to staying at Quinta Don Jose B&B Hotel.

Enthusiastically yours,
joyce and huitt
st. simons island, ga
usa

Stayed: April 2005
Reviewed 27 April 2005

First and foremost anyone contemplating going to Mexico and in particularly Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque should not hesitate for a second! Just be sure to talk to Mexicans or Mexico enthusiasts (like those at QDJ) to get that authentic Mexican flavor for everything you do here and your trip will be outstanding I can almost guarantee it! I almost forgot to mention I emailed the QDJ 3-5 times before my stay there and they always happily gave me assistance in planning my adventures! My friend and I stayed at Quinta Don Jose and had the most amazing, relaxing and enjoyable time there! This place was way more affordable than a super hotel with tons more personality, charm and comfort! It was also beautiful, clean and the grounds were immaculately well groomed. QDJ is ideal for meeting guests to have fun with in your adventures a social place, or if you are looking for a romantic getaway or honeymoon even! Of course Mexico is ridiculously beautiful, warm, inviting and hospitable but staying at this B&B with such wonderful staff (Memo/Charlie were great too) and owners made our stay just perfect! They all went over and beyond to help us find exactly what we wanted from restaurants and menu items that locals prefer to getting tickets for a soccer game and helping us get to Aguascalientes for a Bullfight and Tequila! The pool is awesome, super clean with a deep end which I enjoyed because I love swimming! The food served at breakfast was delicious and super filling so much so we didn't have to eat again until around dinner time! As a traveler I never like to visit the same place twice but after this enjoyable stay at QDJ and in Mexico I am recommending this trip and B&B to everyone I know and asking if I can join them at QDJ! They have my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: March 2005
1  Thank chicagotravelchick
Reviewed 26 April 2005

This is our second stay at Quinta Don Jose and it was the best ever. We went first last Oct. with one couple and this year we returned with four couples, all from San Antonio, Texas. We loved the golf, Market Days in Tonala, and the tour of Herradurra Distillery. We shall surely return as soon as we can. Thank you for all your help and vans, and drivers, Art. You are the best. Sincerely, Sue and Bob Harris-San Antonio, Texas.

Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank Scenic10285
Reviewed 13 April 2005

It was with some regret that I read the disparaging remarks relative to a stay by one TripAdvisor member from Philadelphia. It was stated that one of the managers did not treat him with courtesy with regard to some information about transportation to one of the bus stations.
It was my experience that the managers went out of their way to provide information in a courteous and intelligent manner.In fact it was noteworthy during my two weeks stay that they served as an accurate source of information on my transportation and visit to sites of interest. It was also notable that at all times I felt safe and confortable in the facility and the neighborhood.
The owners Arturo and Estella were extremely gracious and helpful.
My overall impression of the Quinta Don Jose was of an excellent B&B run by a friendly and capable staff. Yes, I would certainly stay at this place on my next visit to that area.

• Stayed: March 2005
1  Thank pqgranada
Reviewed 2 April 2005

We stayed at QJH for 3 nights and honestly feel it was overrated. It was just ok, average. There was no phone in the room. It is under construction and there were 2 very unsafe areas for children. The margaritas cost $4.20 ($42 pesos), not cheap!

The room did not have a desk, or table to eat.

There were 2 nice staff members, and 2 who were not helpful or even nice.

The pool area and breakfast area were very nice.

Location was very good! 2 blocks from the action.

Beds were very comfortable.

We also stayed at La Villa del Ensueno, awesome staff and property, hard beds, ok location.

1  Thank jojo808