“An Oasis of Hospitality & Tranquility”

Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Tlaquepaque
Reviewed 5 April 2010

What a great find only a few blocks from el centro of Tlaquepaque! We liked their off site Villa #1 for privacy, but also stayed poolside in a spacious and comfortable suite. Very reasonably priced w/discounts for longer stays, and a continental breakfast included. We wanted to move into the place. Most rooms are simply appointed, but very comfortable beds w/ feathers pillows on request, and quiet. The grounds and overall ambiance of the hotel is so tranquil and relaxing.
The dinners served in their Tlaquepasta Restaurant are excellent and also reasonably priced. Proprietors Auturo & Estella are fun and gracious and always ready to help with a wealth of information about the area or the personal needs of their guests. The staff is unbelievable. Hands down some of the best service ever received in any hotel we have ever stayed in worldwide.
On top of everything else there is free access to internet, as well as free phone service to the US and Canada 24/7. They also have a free airport pick up service with a minimum stay of three nights. Remember to add 17% lodging tax to your budget guesstimate.

Reviewed 1 April 2010

We really enjoyed the experience. The location is fabulous, a coupe blocks off the gallery street and as quiet as a country setting. It is "quaint", homey and the staff are terrific. We rented suite #11, paid top dollar and didn't find it as deluxe as the internet description and photos suggests. And the bed was hard and the pillows were not great. For the money I recommend a standard room upstairs. Pets are adored here, it is the most pet friendly place we have ever stayed. Our 5 pound Yorkie had a blast playing with the other dogs in residence. The happy hour drinks almost put us under the table!! Dinner in the restaurant was delicious. Parking is complementary, onsight and secured. We look forward to staying there on our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2010

My friends Bob, Rick and I (the JRB Band) visited Tlaquepaque for a Sister Cities Association cultural exchange. We stayed in the Apartment across the street from the hotel. The place was very clean and all the amenities were provided. The staff was very friendly, and since their English was better than our Spanish, there was no language barrier. The food in the restaurant was outstanding. The city square is 3 blocks away, as are the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Just spent two nights there, room 4 upstairs, king bed, tub and shower combo. Try to opt for the poolside rooms 15-16-17. Love the happy hour 5-6. The new adjoining restaurant Tlaquepasta was the best meal of the trip. The 3-pepper filet ($175p) was plate licking good. Also the pastas and salads.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Whether you like B&B or hotel, this will give you the experience you will love. With all of the amenities of a fine hotel (on site excellent restaurant, close to main plaza and shopping, lovely gardens and pool) and all of the charm and warm friendliness of a local B&B. The price for this is extremely reasonable. And don't forget the excellent street taco stand around the corner until all hours of the night.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rgj613
Reviewed 16 March 2010

As I entered the hotel, I was greeted by wife wife, my business partner and my business partner's wife. They proceeded to bring me to the back garden passing the staff, whom they already knew by name and sat me down for a double Margarita. I had crossed over into a new world...

But first, let me explain how I got there. About 4 hours earlier, my truck was dying. I stayed with truck as my wife & guests took a cab to the hotel. After getting towed to the hotel, I entered and was received by my welcoming party. It seemed like the whole staff was worried about my truck and wanted to know how it went. Wow...2 minutes and I felt like family.

We had one of the best steak dinners ($175 pesos for this thick filet mignon in a pepper sauce) ever. I tried it again a few days later (too much of a good thing) and it was still superb!

The hotel is clean, extremely friendly and very welcoming. We loved the restaurant, and our room (two room suite) was great.

But...where this hotel excelled is their personal attention. The owner personally called a garage that would look at my car late on a Saturday and lent me one of his staff so I could drive there and not get lost. Who does that?

We ended up being stranded till Tuesday (waiting for a part) and it was the best time my wife & I had in a long time!

3  Thank netwark
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I have been staying at Quinta don Jose for over 7 years and have slept in 7 of the 14 rooms and also in one of the comfortable villas. While I am very pleased with the clean and comfortable lodgings, the most wonderful part of staying at this bed and breakfast hotel are the warm and hospitable staff and management who gracefully welcome visitors. Over the years I have brought several groups of students and adults who all share the same opinion. We have never experienced anything but an exceptionally generous and friendly atmosphere from the lovely and delicious breakfast experience to the friendly bar, fun dining experience and attentive reception. What boggles me is the way that Quinta don Jose can deliver such service and beautiful environment year after year at such an affordable price!

2  Thank mahadam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlaquepaque
La Villa del Ensueno Hotel
#1 of 130 in Guadalajara
Hotel Posada Virreyes
Hotel Posada Virreyes
#9 of 10 in Tlaquepaque

Been to Quinta Don Jose Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!