“just as the reviews stated. felt like family”
Review of Murphy's Farmhouse

Murphy's Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boolteens
Reviewed 29 June 2011

first stop on our 13 day self tour of ireland. the rooms were comfortable, breakfast selection was more than adequate. the town was small and we could walk to the pubs and church/cemetary. mary and her daughter made us feel as though we were family, directions, things to see and overall kindness throughout our stay.people in town were extremely friendly and helpful. would definitely stay here when in ireland again. jack the dog is well and as welcoming as the rest of the "murphy's"

Room Tip: pay in euros, folks work hard
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mark59

Reviewed 23 June 2011

What a beautiful area! farmhouse lovely, loved my cuppa & muffin when I arrived, thank you.
I stayed in a single room which has a view out of the window over a flat roof & other room windows - disappointing. The ensuite shower room was truly miniscule ( I thought it was a cupboard door, and at first was wondering where on earth my ensuite was!!). .. you almost touch knees with the shower door when you sit on the loo!! The sink is in the bedroom.. that tells you how small the shower room is!! The room although comfortable and spotlessly clean could do with updating decor wise.
I was disappointed that there was no evening meal available as that was a reason for me booking (as a single traveller). I ate at the Anvil Bar about 4 mins walk away).
I feel it was a little over priced given the view out of the window and the tiny ensuite.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Murphy's Farmhouse is a so lovely & quiet place to stay.
We've been there 3 nights.
Mrs Murphy's & her daughter are nice and friendly. The Breakfast is delicious & generous !
We thank them a lot, our stay here was so well located to drive in the Kerry and Dingle areas.

Looking forward to come back :)

Amélie & Laurent

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

My wife and I just returned from a self-drive trip to Ireland. Our first stay was at Murphy's Farmhouse in Boolteen's Village just outside Castlemaine in County Kerry. You will be hard put to find a more delightful place to stay. We arrived about 3:00 in the afternoon and were greeted by Mary Murphy who welcomed us, showed us our room and then asked if we would like tea. We accepted and it was the best tea we have ever had. The farmhouse is located 100 yards off a road perhaps 300 yards from the village. In the background are mountains. Mary's house is partially covered with ivy and she has roses and other flowers to welcome you. An easy and pleasant walk of 10 minutes takes you to the village where there is a choice of two pubs for sandwiches and a Guiness. The room was very large with a queen size bed which was very comfortable. The shower was great, a lot of power. The room was very comfortable. We had our first Irish breakfast with Mary Murphy. You will not go hungry. Mary served eggs, sausages, bacon (which is more like our ham) and black and white pudding. There was also fresh juice, cereals, breads. And Mary served tomatoes and mushrooms with breakfast. The puddings are different for Americans, but it was a great meal. We stayed two nights and Mary's hospitality was incredible. The farmhouse is also centrally located for going to Dingle or getting over to Killarney to tour the Ring of Kerry. Dingle is less than an hour even when you don't know how to drive on the left. Take your time, relish the oppotunity to meet and have interaction with the wonderful Irish people. And don't stay in hotels. Stay in wonderful places such as Mary Murphy's Farmhouse.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prabedky
Reviewed 21 June 2009

Murphy's Farmhouse was an excellent location for touring Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Tralee and other areas in the southwest of Ireland. Enormous breakfast with many choices, comfortable rooms, powerful showers, room straightened and fresh towels every day. Mary Murphy's beautiful flowers in front of the house added to the beauty of the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2008

I booked my stay at Murphy's farmhouse based on reviews I had read. My room was lovely, very comfortable and roomy. The bathroom was tiny. Sitting on the toilet my knees touched the wall. Could not be claustrophobic and use that bathroom.
I could not get anyone to answer the door when I arrived. I rang the bell and knocked numerous times. Finally, I called on my cell phone and told her I was standing in her hallway.
The owner furnished tea and cookies when I arrived. That was a nice treat on a rainy day.
The breakfast was standard and the service was pleasant. I did not see the owner again after I checked in.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 6 January 2008

Murphy's Farmhouse is so called because it is a huge old farmhouse that has been converted into a B&B with loads of rooms.

The rooms are comfortable with showers ensuite. As the building is old, the floors and staircase creak but that adds to the charm.

The menu for breakfast was vast as were the delicious breakfasts themselves.

Booltens is a small village - if you blink, you might miss it. But it does have 2 pubs - one, the Anvil Bar is very quaint and has delicous pub food. We didn't go into the other called Murphy's.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank LeeBZA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boolteens
Manor West Hotel
The Rose Hotel
The Rose Hotel
#7 of 14 in Tralee
Dingle Skellig Hotel

Been to Murphy's Farmhouse? Share your experiences!