Cronulla Hotel
Athina Apts.(Kalamaki)
Hotel Vanessa(Kalamaki)
Sirocco Hotel(Kalamaki)
  • Pool
All reviewsnext yearwinter breaknice big poolair confamily run hotelevery other dayamazing familylovely family runrooms are largelovely hotelnothing is too much troublefeel so welcometop floorhome from homesecond homeyear after yearbar staff are
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2013

First stay in Kalamaki and I was impressed. Cronulla hotel is very central and is good value for money. Although rooms are very basic they are spotless with maid service every couple of days. We stayed in a double room on the top floor and had a lovely view of the pool from our balcony, apparently one of the biggest in Kalamaki (and never had to fight for a sunbed- bonus!) Only downside is you had to pay for air con.

The room was spacious with a plug in hob and a few pots/ pans if you wanted to cook in, however we were right on the strip so we ate out every night (literally spoiled for choice!). We stayed B&B and the breakfasts were lovely, you could pretty much order what you wanted (Dia's special roll is a must- very tasty!) however were limited on cereals/ cold breakfasts.

The staff are SO friendly and made us both feel very welcome. Nice big pool bar with plenty of TV screens showing sport etc, also a pool table. The bar stays open until the early hours on most nights if you want to prop up the bar (but not too loud if you want an early night!) Special mention to Tom, Jimmy and Suzanne who were lovely. A few other nice bars around as well, the Black Pearl serves the best Mojito, however couldn't seem to escape the Karaoke, it followed us everywhere!!!

For beach lovers, the local beach is about a 10 minute walk and is a turtle nesting site. Be sure to go on a turtle spotting boat trip as you are pretty much guaranteed to see them, they were amazing!

Many people we spoke to had visited Cronulla several times, which can only be a good sign, would definitely recommend this place to friends!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 186402Emma
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned from another stay at Cronulla. This is the 4 th time staying here but we have been visiting Kalamaki and Cronulla for over13 years ..
The family are so welcoming and accommodating it is a pleasure to visit them.
The pool is by far the best in the area with a great bar and snack bar serving good value fresh food.
Good value for money with super breakfasts included in the room price, excellent air conditioning in the rooms.
The rooms are clean, well equipped and spacious.
Hope to see you all at again soon!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Went to kalamaki on the 26th june for one week, travelling alone. A friend had recommended the cronulla hotel some time before to me. I was pleasantly surprised by all the hotel had to offer. A warm welcome, a large, airy room and a large comfortable bar area where the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant. The pool is really big and sunbeds are free and always readily available. The choice and quality of breakfast was top notch too. Without sounding too sickly, there's not a lot I can say in a negative manner about the cronulla. The location to bars and restaurants in within staggering distance, and the beach is a ten minute stroll away down the quaintest of lanes. I am already looking at going back next year to see my friends there. Suzanne, jimmy, roby and jimmy's brother (with the groovy beard) were all strangers when I landed, but I feel now are old friends. Oh, before I forget, it's only 3km from the airport, so transfers take 2 minutes and airport noise is insignificantly quiet and daytime only , so please don't be put off. Like I said, I had a LOVELY week there. Email Roby to find about special offers and I think you may be tempted by the reasonable rates they offer. See you all next year! Xx

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I booked the Cronulla separately from our flights this year after spotting it while in Kalamaki last year.
Most of the staff were very helpful and polite. When I walked into the room, I fell in love straight away. Lovely, neat and quite big. However, a couple of days in I started to realise that appearances can be very deceiving. The bed was hard as a rock. After a very late night I unintentionally fell asleep on one of our lilos in the room and have to say that it was definitely more comfortable than the bed.
The bathroom was probably the worst part though. The plug wasn't fitted to the sink properly so it wouldn't hold water. There was no shower curtain so I'm guessing it's supposed to be a wet room? Regardless, the floor ended up completely drenched and the bathmat that they gave us didn't stand a chance of mopping all of it up. There was a drainage system but it didn't work so the floor just remained completely wet until the cleaners mopped it up or our bathmat dried enough for us to mop it up a second time. There was no bin in the room either which was odd, but a minor inconvenience really as there's a bin in the corridor.
A free breakfast was included, but not everything in the breakfast menu came under the "free breakfast" banner. It was very well cooked, what we did have - there just wasn't enough of it! It's not all bad though!! We did have lunch in the Cronulla bar a few times and it was a pleasant meal for a decent price. The pool is stunning and although we didn't use it, it was obviously very popular with children. The poolside wasn't as crowded as we expected so we felt comfortable enough to sit there for an afternoon. It's central location was brilliant.

Room Tip: If possible try to ask for a room away from the bar. Sometimes the music goes on until very late in the evening/ early morning - they do have very good choice in music though! There's also a laundry service available that we only found out about on the last day. Ask at reception for info.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LsE180989
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Superb location right in the middle of the "Strip" / Restaurants. With a lovely clean (and large) pool, friendly family run hotel with good food and good english breakfast included.

Lively bar area and the rooms were of a good size with pool view and balcony.

Two slight negatives, the bathroom would benefit from a shower curtain & a bin in the room would be good. All in all very minor points.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family