“Lunch time”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went to Yummys a couple of lunch times and both days the food was very good. A lovely Greek salad and omlettes. Very good frappes.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

On a very hot afternoon, Barbara invited us to sit and cooll down. Chatted and we decided to eat, Had the platter for two - Greek salad and then a massive plate of mixed Greek delights - domades, meatballs, beef stifado, and more. Good portions and really tasty

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Whilst sitting in our hotel room we were undecided which of the many fantastic restaurants to eat in that evening and a quick look at Trip Advisor made our mind up. Despite it being our seventh visit to Kalamaki we'd never eaten here and seeing the high ranking and great recent reviews we decided on Yummy.

A pleasant welcome was as good as it got. We were placed on a table of 8 despite there being only 2 of us. It didn't feel very personal, especially when more customers came in and we were getting concerned we'd be interrupted at some point for staff to pull one of the joining tables away to use elsewhere. It never happened thankfully but staff did come and take sauces and other things off the table during our meal without so much as an excuse me which made us feel constantly uncomfortable.

We waited ages for service, no drinks asked for initially and I was told the gyros plate I ordered had just sold out, at 7.30pm, in a Greek restaurant. How can that be. No options were given for me to take a couple of minutes to choose something else, I was just bombarded with other things on the menu to choose from by the lady as if I had to make another choice instantly. So much so I chose gammon despite not really wanting anything non greek.

From that point on it got worse. The starter came and to be fair, mine was very tasty but my wives prosciutto was dried out like it had been left out for too long. At that point were we given some bread, which should have been provided well before the starters surely? Our starter plates were taken away literally at the same time our main meal was dumped on our table. The gammon was fatty, dry and overcooked. The moussaka was warm on the outside and cold in the middle as if it had been re-heated but not for long enough as it wasn't hot, especially not in the middle.

Worst of all, I put my knife and fork down on my gammon and the owner came and took it away, while my wife was still halfway through her meal, totally unacceptable restaurant etiquette. Then at least once another member of staff hovered around to take my wives plate even though she hadn't finished and was simply taking a drink. We did get asked at that point by the owner if everything was okay and my reply was "not really" expecting a dialogue to follow so I could politely raise our issues but the guy just smiled and walked away, as if I had told him it was the best meal we'd ever had.

After initially sitting there ages before being asked for our order and what we wanted to drink it was then as if they were looking to get us out ASAP. We felt truly unwelcome and in our years of eating in the resort, this was by far the worst experience we've had.

I am not some serial complainer and this is the first negative review I've given any Kalamaki establishment in seven years as the resort truly has some of the finest places to eat, drink and stay but this was truly woeful. If they would have reacted to my comment at the time we could have sorted this out face to face but the guy just walked away which was the final straw and we paid up, with no tip (the first time we've ever done that) before I blew my top as I was absolutely fuming from this experience.

As per the title of my review, maybe we just hit them at a bad time. They did have a large party in at the same time although they were all eating there main courses when we arrived so it shouldn't have had an affect on us, but maybe it did. I'm sure many customers have had a great experience here and will do so in future. Best wishes to all at the restaurant as I genuinely root for all Kalamaki businesses to thrive as I love the resort and people but on this occasion the service offered to us was so poor I couldn't let it pass.

We've had a below average meal on a couple of occasions in other resort restaurants over the years and have returned again in later years to have really good meals. I see no different as to why we shan't return here in the future and have an experience more in keeping with the many satisfied customers but I think it will be a while before this comes back on our radar to try again given how many great options there are in resort.

1  Thank taggwa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent specials menu which you can mix and match. Friendly staff with generous helpings of food and drinks. Good local cuisine. Visited twice and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

What a lovely inexpensive little place. Fabulous food. Such lovely friendly people. We came as a wedding party and didn't want to venture much further as they are so welcoming and accommodating. 5 stars to them. Please visit if you're around here. Well worth it. Our favourite.