“A fab honeymoon!”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A fab honeymoon!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We returned to the Bitzaro Palace for the second year running after having had a very enjoyable holiday last year and had no hesitation in rebooking for this year. This time it was our honeymoon! We were surprised to find a boxed gift of wine, biscuits, confetti and a card from the Bitzaro staff a few days into our holiday, which was lovely!
I really cannot fault this hotel at all. All the staff are very helpful, friendly and polite and they work very hard indeed. We watched the gardener with interest and he never stopped from morning til night! The grounds are testement to his hard work and dedication - the plants on our balcony were cut back 3 times during our stay alone. It was nice that many members of staff remembered us from last year given the sheer number of holidaymakers they must meet each season; Tim and George particularly and even our cleaner from last year were so friendly the second time round.
I had emailed ahead to explain it was our honeymoon and requested room 210 as last year, however upon arrival we were told this room wasn't possible but were allocated room 310 which is exactly the same but just one floor above, so it was perfect with a lovely view of the pool.
Although my husband and I enjoy a 'quiet' holiday it was nice to find out that there was entertainment a couple of nights a week this year and the 'one man band' was particularly good. As a teacher I like to 'escape' lots of children during the holidays and, although there were more than last year, there is no kids' club so the pool area was still relatively peaceful apart from a few troublesome teenagers during the second week.
We tend to go out during the day as we hire a quad bike for the duration of the holiday and go out and about to see the island. For those staying by the pool it may be advisable to get towels on sunbeds early as, the few days we did want to spend round the pool, we found that there were few sunbeds left as they all had towels on.
The hotel has a lovely chilled atmosphere and is most suited to those who enjoy a quiter holiday. There is no daytime entertainment and limited night time entertainment (which suited us perfectly - go to the Bitzaro Grande next door if you want that).
The food is excellent and varied - lots of choice and plentiful to suit all tastes.
All in all, we would not hesitate to go back next year. We made lots of friends again this time and enjoy going to a hotel where we know we are getting great value for money, especially during the school holidays as I am limited to when I can travel.
My only slight gripe is that the double bed we had was quite hard and we woke up with backache most mornings, but hey, you can't have everything!

Room Tip: Rooms 210 and 310 have been excellent for us - a lovely view of the pool and sunny for most of the d...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Simply the best decision we made was to stay here for our honeymoon destination!!!! All staff members were amazing and couldn't do enough to make you feel valued - Petra, Tim, George, Dennis and the rest of the team are extremely friendly and very helpful! Food was fresh and fabulous with a huge variety to choose from every meal time. Rooms were very clean and very comfortable! Pool and gardens were beautiful they were cleaned and maintained daily. We had a very spacious room (402) with air con, TV ( British sky news&music channel) , fridge, shower/bath, toilet, safe, wardrobes, hairdryer, and a lovely balcony facing the pool and gardens. Whilst we were here there were 2 nights of evening entertainment- Zumba/dancing and traditional Greek band. When we 1st arrived, we found that Petra had left us a lovely bottle of wine, confetti on the bed and a lovely written card welcoming us and wishing us a happy honeymoon! How lovely!!! This destination would be perfect for any type of holiday! Would 100% recommend this place to anyone! Thank you to everyone at The Bitzaro Palace for making our Honeymoon an amazing experience which we will treasure for the rest of our lives!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sazmow
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was my first holiday aboard and we have found GOLD straight away. The hotel was clean, the staff were very friendly and most hopeful. The food was excellent and lots of it. We will be going back next year and I will be recommending to family and friends.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the swimming pool
6 Thank Clair N
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A family holiday : myself, my husband and my 13 year old son - can be a little tricky finding somewhere that ticks all the boxes for all of us, but the Bitzaro did just that! A lovely mix of people of all ages, teenager was happy, no early morning trips to the pool to put your towel on a sunlounger, husband was happy and good food with plenty of variety in a clean and incredibly hospitable hotel, I was happy, especially when I found out that Tim made the best Pina Colada!!! From the moment of our arrival and meeting Petra, the receptionist, who was efficient, friendly and ensured that nothing was too much trouble, to the maids who were always smiling and ready with a "Kalimera" every morning and Helen and Sofie the waitresses in the restaurant, we knew it was going to be a relaxing, chilled, much needed break. The food was lovely and we absolutely recommend the soup which was served by George each evening. It was homemade and full of flavour - yum! A special thank you goes to the Chef Panagotis and his team for producing a different menu everyday including a BBQ and the deserts were lovely : the Ravani in particular was a favourite (I did manage to extract the recipe before I left). The pool was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were typically Greek and to be honest for us, we only slept there, so more than adequate for our needs. One recommendation we would like to make is that we used MyTours, up on the strip, next to the The Olive Tree Restaurant for a morning trip to the Keri Caves and turtle spotting. For 2 adults and 1 child, it was nearly half the price of the excursion our tour company was offering. Like many other reviews for this, it was professional and a really lovely morning - 2 swimstops and some breathtaking scenery. If you did want a change of venue for dinner, then there are plenty of tavernas and restaurants up on the strip, plus leather shops and all the usual supermarkets and tourist souvenier shops - quite nice to stretch the legs after all that sunbathing!! All in all a wonderful holiday and we are looking to return next year for 2 weeks - can't wait!!!

7 Thank Gallagher65
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Having read some of the other reviews, I am wondering whether I went to the same place! We had 3 rooms and were a party of 7, age range from 11 to 91!!!...I jest not folks.

I had emailed the hotel giving them these detail and requested (in good time) being located next to my relatives who are 88 and 91 respetively. We were allocated 2 rooms next to each other but had put myself next to other family members viz my 2 sons and my grandson. They had allocated a room with a double bed for them and a pull out for my grandson.Bit unhealthy!!! In the event, my son and his son had to share the double and my other son, who is 6', the pull out...

My wife and I were next door in a room with 2 single beds. My elderly inlaws (88/91yrs) were allocated a room at the far end of one of the blocks. And we were all on the top floor, so lots of stairs and they were absolutely worn out by this continual stair climbing. So, admin rating 0%.

Made noises and was told fully booked so how loud do you shout? I didn't as I try to be pragmatic about such things. Oh, don't expect to be able to keep your room on past the 1200hrs check out time. We failed.

Rooms need updating and the ones we had - 303/304/311, were on the small side and the bathroom had fittings from the dark ages. In need of updating. You could really only get 1 person in there at a time. Water pressure in our rooms reminded me of my dripping garden tap.

Says there is a pool bar.. well there isn't. The dining room doubles as the pool bar. I expect it's a play on words as the dining room is adjacent to the pool and there is a bar there. Just don't expect to be served straight from the pool as if you're dripping wet, you'll be turned away..Health & Safety...slips, trips and falls etc. My understanding of a Pool Bar is a seperate building serving drinks and snacks so you can go there dripping wet!

There is a lift but it is at the opposite end of the building to where we were, so no use really.
Lots of steps so if you are disabled or elderly/ infirm, be warned as this may not be suitable.

I understood that the hotel owner has a vinyard and the local wine, both red and white, comes from there.

The bar/waiting staff though were really good and I agree with other reviewers on this. The food was plentiful, varied and of good quality. The A/C in the dining room was a bit hit & miss and it depended where you sat as to whether you enjoyed any cooling. Not a ceiling fan to be seen anywhere and this surprised me. In fact, not one to be seen anywhere in the Hotel. As one knows, movement of air helps to cool and together with the A/C, would have been a good option.

The pool was ok as in adequate. Not as big as the photos suggest. The gardens were nice as it meant that you didn't have to sit around the pool and there was reasonable shade from the sun provided by the trees/shrubs.

The Airport is close by but it wasn't really a problem. Overall, quite a quiet place.

Kalamaki beach is a 15 min stroll and is really good. The beach is not deep (as in depth of sand to the water's edge) but it's length either way is impressive. Turtles nest here too. The beach shelves gently.The water is warm and has a sandy bottom. Very safe for children and adults alike.

It all depends on what you expect, and pay for I guess. C'est la vie!!!!!

Room Tip: In high season it will be hot. Aim for a room out of direct sunlight. On low level if you are in any...
2 Thank Roger G
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just come back from Bitzaro Palace - lovely hotel ,great food,friendly staff and nice pool-but if you want entertainment don't stay here.All week we had nothing during the day (as day time entertainment was advertised in brochure)and at night there were 3 lots of entertainment all week and one of them was ZUMBA don't think so ! when it was 28 degrees. we tended to go up to Kalamaki strip at night were there is some nice bars and eating places .

2 Thank kayky416
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the bitzaro palace for 14 nights, and couldn't have made a better choice, a wonderfully run hotel with fantastic and friendly staff, the food drinks pool gardens absolutely everything was perfect, we had an amazing and fun holiday the only thing we didn't like was having to come home. We will be going back here just wish we were still there now.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank haroldio75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalamaki
Venus Hotel & Suites
#21 of 30 in Kalamaki
The Bay Hotel & Suites
The Bay Hotel & Suites
#1 of 19 in Vasilikos

Been to Bitzaro Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!