“Wonderful”
Review of Daisy Apartments

Daisy Apartments
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great location. My room overlooked a garden and was very peaceful. The food and drinks were excellent and very good value. I have stayed in Kalamaki for many years and can honestly say that Daisy Apartments are the nicest I have stayed in. I can't compare them to any hotels, as I have only stayed in apartments.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank GillianCrewe

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed at Daisy summer 2013 with my wife and kids. What a great surprise!! They rooms are priced very fair, and service is great. Giovanna and Andy made us feel like family..Its a great spot especially if you have kids. We had breakfast and lunch at the pool bar every day, and it was amazing. Im sure there may be some hotels on the island that are nicer, but you wont find better service than here. I would definitely book here again.

Pros-
Best Service Ever!!!
Nice Pool
Amazing breakfast/lunch
Kid friendly
Close walk to Kalamaki restaurants and bars
Great value for the money

Cons-
I would have to nitpick to find any...and I hate people that nitpick

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank George P
Reviewed 4 December 2013

It has taken me a while to write this. We stayed at the Daisy in June 2013 with my husnad and 2 sons ages 3 and 5. Let me point out that they are an absolute handful. prior to booking, I had requested a room which was quiet in the back along with several other requests. Everything I had asked for were granted. Our room was a lovely spacious 2 bedroom with a garden out in the front which had lemons the size of oranges. There was also goats to the side which my sons found delightful! The staff were amazing. In particular, Jiovanna was so lovely, patient and tolerant with my children. My boys fell in love with her and with the place. If you have small children this place is amazing, there is so much to do and it is the most child friendly place we have ever stayed at and I am comparing this to places that I have paid 4 times the price for. I would recommend booking directly with Jovanna who is one of the owners-she will make sure all of your requests are handled and give you a far better rate on line. I also liked that it is a family run place and it is so small and personal compared to giant hotels where you are just a faceless guest. If you want a small, friendly place with amazing people and food-and where nothing is too much trouble this is the place for you!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank skapur
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We didn't manage to stat at the Daisy apartments this visit but did go there most days for vreakfast which was excellent value for money, nice food, well cooked and the staff are lovely. WE managed to see several of the apartments and they were so clean and modern that we are definitely hoping to stay there in the future.

1  Thank P M
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The lady who was expecting toiletries and a better shower has either never been to Greece before or only stayed in posh hotels. I have travelled widely in Greece for 40 years and the facilities at Daisy are at least as good as any in the same price range. In any case, Zakynthos has an acute shortage of water, and hand held showers help to reduce wastage.

What makes Daisy special are the location (away from the noisy main strip, but a short walk to shops, the beach and lots of excellent restaurants), and of course the lovely staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

This was our second stay here and we were welcomed back like old friends. A minor problem with our plumbing was sorted out straight away by Petros while we had lunch. Being late in the season there was a rain storm, and when it cleared I went for a swim in the wonderful pool. There were a few leaves in there and Jovanna immediately appeared with her net to take them out.

The rooms are cleaned every other day by Thea, and ours was spotless. Everything worked as it should.

The menu has much more choice than last year and our favourites were yoghurt, honey and fresh fruit for breakfast and Greek salad with tsatsiki for lunch, prepared with a lovely smile by Jovanna's Mum. There are so many excellent restaurants in the area for the evening meal. We discovered a new one this year at the Dias Hotel (off the main strip at "Drunk Corner"). Their house wine is absolutely superb.

Nothing more to say really, except that we're coming back next year!

2  Thank MikeD044
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at Daisy's in August, and found it to be really nice, BUT, we had no kettle, and no toaster, luckily we read the reviews and took our own kettles! We also had no shower curtain, but that's the norm apparently! I can't fault the pool, it was very clean, and there were plenty of sun beds! The beach just round the corner was fantastic, we went there quite a few times. The restaurants were plentiful, and the food delicious, the only thing I didn't like, was that you almost got mugged by the people outside the restaurants for your custom!! Plenty of shops, and we even found a "1 Euro shop"!!!! I thought that was quite funny!!! All in all we had a great holiday, the weather was beautiful and hot, and we all came home with a good colour, we will go back again, but will ask for a room with air con next time!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Binklestar55
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Well...what can I say? I was adamant I wasn't going to stay at Daisy's, we had booked a package with Thomson that included accommodation in Laganas which we knew we wouldn't be using and took a chance getting accommodation in Kalamaki. We wanted Antonis but they were full :(. Petros did his absolute best to get us to Daisy's, but we were not going to even consider it...until he took us there to see for ourselves. WOW!! we loved it. It was a really pleasant place. The rooms were spacious and clean, they had hairdryer/toaster/tv and wait for it...shower curtain and shower holder :). The rooms are very tastefully decorated The pool was absolutely delightful and plenty of sunbeds. There was a childrens pool/showers...even a few things for the children to play on. The pool bar was very very nice and the food was fantastic. Jovanna and Petros have done a great job with the place. It's a family run complex mainly. Tili the barman was always there for anything you needed and happy to chat, always pleasant. The cleaners did a great job too. It's situated just behind Sofia's, so not noisy but very accessible to all the bars restaurants and beach. There are some rooms right in front of the pool and some just to either side of the complex, I believe they have family rooms too. There is free wifi which worked perfectly, even in your room. They went over and above to make our stay perfect. We have stayed in many many places in Kalamaki and this has to be one of our favorites. Hats off to Petros & Jovanna for getting it "just right". Well done....we'll be back!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to give it a try ;)