“Another great stay”

Venus Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Kalamaki
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Back home after another great 2 weeks at "Venus". Once again the service and friendliness of all the staff could not be faulted. Nice to see Angela had added some new dishes to the evening menu. We ate here every night ,all the meals were lovely, and we managed to have something different every night.
They are always looking for ways to improve the hotel. If you are getting married, check out the wedding service they provide - Angela will answer any questions you might have.
As for those bar staff - legends!
See you all again next May.

Room Tip: Ask Nick if you have any requests before you arrive. He will do his best to sort it for you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HOWARD13
Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've already reviewed this hotel last year and had no problems. This year we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a different room from last year so I thought I would review the new room. We were upgraded to one of the family rooms on the ground floor. It was at the back of the hotel so no view but we had a lovely garden with sun loungers chairs and a table. To be honest who needs a view when all you want to look at is the blue sky while you are sunbathing. The room was big and spacious, a double bedroom with a TV and two wardrobes, and two more single beds in the living area with a settee. We had a sink and fridge and a large enough bathroom. So couldn't fault the room. What we did have though was a leaking toilet. As soon as we noticed it was leaking from the bottom of the pedistal we told reception. Within a couple of minutes the maintenance guy was out to fix it. Unfortunately it didnt work, so back to reception and within no time at all a plumber was called. We thought he'd got it this time but unfortunately not so for a third time they tried and this time sorted. I felt the need to share this, not that the leak was a big problem, because it wasn't but to let people know that the Venus do look after you and any issues they try to solve straight away. It wasn't an issue for them everytime I went back and they always checked after that it was still ok.
You can understand why people go back year after year and give such good reviews. We, through choice, don't eat at the Venus, except for breakfast so we can't comment on the food. Breakfast is fine, and the drinks at the bar a good aswell so no problems there. All the staff from reception to the cleaners are friendly and always speak. In a nutshell if you're looking for a nice friendly hotel at a reasonable price you can't go wrong with the Venus. We'll certainly be back.

1  Thank AsfordbyVillagefolk
Reviewed 24 May 2014

once again for the forth visit we had a wonderfull time at the venus, everyone is so friendly, we went earlier this year 9th may for ten nights, the resturants and bars were all open in kalamaki, the venus had a greek night which was lovely with a singer afterwards , loads of people visit this hotel year after year which speaks for itself. everwhere so clean ,the beds are so cumfy booked for next year .

1  Thank Cabbytel
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 19 month old son and my elderly mother mid May and we all had a wonderful time. We had a few requests such as adjacent rooms on the ground floor and a baby cot. I emailed the hotel direct even though I'd booked through an online agent and the manager was very helpful and assured us that all our requests would be met. This was very reassuring as it was our first trip away with our little one, and we were worried about having to cart our pram up and down the steps every day ( there's no lift).
The staff were always very helpful and friendly, and spoke perfect English. The pool looked lovely but was too cold for us to venture in, although we saw a few other guests in there during the latter part of our stay when the temperature started to hot up.
There was plenty to choose from at breakfast, and you could also request eggs cooked fresh just by asking a member of staff. Highchairs were also available.
The rooms were of a good size and had plenty of wardrobe and drawer storage for all our clothes. There is a kettle and cups in the room, but you will need to provide your own tea/coffee etc.
The hotel had entertainment on in the evenings but as we had our little one we didn't get to take part :-(
The hotel is located 2 minutes walk from the main strip and just a short walk from the beach.

Room Tip: If you are taking a pushchair ask for a room on the ground floor
1  Thank somethingsassy

Hello Mr. Nikos

We stayed at your hotel from 07 Oct -11 Oct and then extended stay for one more day. Hope you remember us :-)

We would like to thank you and your whole team for making our stay wonderful and comfortable. You were always there to assist us. Everything was perfect starting from reception service, room, cleanliness, breakfast, dinner, cocktails. All your team members were great including you, Louisa and others (not able to recall other names).

We thank you again for everything.

If in Zakinthos again, we will surely stay at Venus :-)

Sorry for posting this review late.

Saurabh Jain

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saurabhjain9211
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My partner, toddler and I stayed at the venus hotel for two weeks at the beginning of May; it was our first family holiday abroad and I chose the hotel following the reviews from trip advisor.

The hotel is literally a 5-10 minute drive from the airport and you can see the aeroplanes taking off from the pool side, although the noise is minimal.

The hotel itself is really lovely and spotlessly clean. The pool area is Well laid out and we never had to "bag" a sun bed early, no matter what time we went to the pool there were always plenty of beds. They are quite close together so I imagine during peak season it may get busier there. The pool was too cold to enjoy as such this early in the season but I did go for one (very) quick dip!

The food in the hotel at the snack bar was good...we ate there a couple of times during the holiday for lunch and once for dinner. No complaints at all with the food. Breakfast was also good and the waitresses were fabulous with our baby, especially violetta (I think that was her name, apologies). The only very slight room for improvement, in my opinion, would be to have more of a range of fresh fruits it tended to be canned peaches and melon only but as I say that is me being picky!

The rooms were lovely, cleaned well (our sheets weren't cleaned three times a week as advertised within the brochure in the room though - I could tell this in my toddlers travel cot as she had marked the sheets with her milk, they were changed twice in the two weeks we were there. Still not a massive issue, I just folded the sheets over so they were clean on top for her to sleep on). The rooms had a lot of cupboard space which makes a change from a lot of hotels and included a kettle, cups and hair dryer.

We went through thompsons and paid for safety deposit box (€55), we didn't require air com as it was cool enough at night and I asked to hire the fridge for my toddlers milk and was told this was complimentary which I thought was excellent as I'd seen the charges for this. It also meant we could buy bread and bits for her to snack on during the day.

We had a slight incident during BBQ night, however the staff were really helpful and apologetic which really makes a difference. Mistakes happen, we all make them but the staff went out of their way to try and not let this ruin our perceptions of the hotel.

The location of the hotel is fab, 10 minutes walk tops to the beach, a supermarket right over the road and the strip literally 2 minutes away.

If I were to think of one thing that was a bit of a pain, it was that our balcony never got any sun. We were facing the strip and it would have been nice at some point to have had a little sun, especially when our daughter would nap in the afternoon. The only other thing being on this side of the hotel was the dogs at the neighbouring house; they only ever barked at night! They were quite loud and it was quite annoying although this is nothing to do with the hotel, which I appreciate.

The rep Ricky was super friendly, not sure his knowledge of Zante was that good...shortest welcome meeting ever consisting of him showing us a map and that was it but he seemed lovely.

The hotel was really friendly, probably the friendliest hotel I've ever visited. I'd read on here about people returning year after year and that some didn't like "new" people coming to the hotel. I couldn't disagree more - everyone spoke to everyone and it wasn't awkward. People just seemed genuinely interested in each other and making the atmosphere as nice as can be,

Definitely a hotel to recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel get the sun
1  Thank Leanne111
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Visited Zakynthos for I think the 6th or 7th time, love the Island. First time at this Hotel. We stayed 28th April for a week, arriving two or three days before the Island "opens" - Lots of Restaurants & Hotels closed, just beginning to clean up for the general opening day of 1st May. There are a few places open in April, but many many more from 1st may. It prompted us to find a couple of Restaurants we hadnt tried before - both being excellent - Don Amici and Michaolos. As for the Venus Hotel, it was perfect. just as we expected, based on recommendations and reviews. Lovely, friendly, helpful people own and run this hotel. The pool and grounds spotlessly clean (although youve got to be brave to get in to the cold pool in April). Nice range of snack food at the pool bar. You cant really compare a 4 or 5 star hotel in Greece to a similar one in a major city - Greek Island Hotels are relatively basic in comparison, but this hotel had everything you might need. Fridge, Air conditioning, safe, huge super-kingsize memory foam matress bed.......and its literally a two or three minute walk up the road to the Restaurants and Bars, or in the opposite direction to the beach. We booked via alpharooms, but i think you can get a better deal by booking direct with the hotel. I honestly cannot fault the hotel, we had a really lovely week, nice buffet breakfast too included in the price. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone - I think its gets full quite quickly in the summer months, so best get your booking in quick ! - If anyone would like any information on this hotel, or Zante generally, please dont hesitate to email or PM me.....im happy to assist if i can ! - Im a bit of a Zante Junkie :) - Hotel is suitable for couples or families alike.....and teenagers can get a taxi into Laganas (around 3km down the road) if they are into clubbing etc.

Room Tip: High heels and marble floors at night dont mix.....ladies (or men !) are encouraged to remove them b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TerryBoard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalamaki
Bitzaro Palace Hotel
#1 of 18 in Vasilikos
Xenos Kamara Beach
Xenos Kamara Beach
#3 of 26 in Argassi

Been to Venus Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!