“Would defiantly stay here again!”
Review of Argiri Hotel

Argiri Hotel
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Would defiantly stay here again!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

When we arrived I was very impressed with how the hotel looked. The room was basic but clean and had everything you really needed. The kitchen had most utensils but we didn't use them as eating out every night was so cheap! (Me being a veggie only cost about €10 a night) .There are loads of restaurants along the sea front which are great and give you a nice scenery. there are also a few opposite the hotel which is great, we ate at Hellas twice! Although you had to pay for air conditioning in the room, we made sure we did, some days the temperature was 36oC, so walking back into our cool room was nice and worth the money!

The pool was great, after a night out the last thing you want is to fight for a sun bed at 8am! There were plenty for everyone, even people coming to the pool in the afternoon were able to find some. The pool was clean and big enough for everyone (Including the promoters). The hotel was loud at most times with music from people's speakers. We didn't mind this as we wanted to be in a hotel with people our own age doing the same things as us!

There are 3 supermarkets near, 2 opposite and 1 called Manos just before bar street. Pretty cheap prices. Bar street during the day is a bit boring as there's not much going on. Nice restaurants along the sea front and bar street to eat and drink but Kardamena is definitely a night place!

The beach is about a 2 minute walk, we could actually see the sea from our balcony! Bar street is about 3 minutes away which is brilliant! There are so many bars to choose from and great offers on drinks to be had! We regularly went to vibe and ultra marine. Status and Starlight, usually costing €5 are the main clubs to go to. They usually have a theme. We went to a water party in starlight but I recommend that you find out when it is so you don't bring your camera or phone as you get absolutely soaked!

We had such a good time in Kos and am so sad to be back! I would defiantly come back here and stay in the Agiri hotel again! I can't express how much fun you'll have out here!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main hotel and not the annex as it is down the road and you will have to walk to...
2 Thank Trudy26

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2011

went this summer with 13 other girsl aged 18 and had the most amazing holiday ever, argyri is in the best location to go out and party each night and the pool is the perfect hangover cure! the prs at brothers bar look after you at night and come see you in the day and the reps SMASHLEY and gary were hilarious (even giving relationship advice) DEFINATELY GO ON BOOZE CRUISE and dont go on bar crawl - starts far to early. we will all come back here next year and stay here again kos and argyri make the best holdiay ever WOOP SICK NIGHT B******

Room Tip: even if you get the annex dont worry, our group was split up but we still ahd the best holdiay ever...
1 Thank rsbriscoe
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2011

very clean rooms. very basic, but had wardrobes, beds and a fridge and bathroom-so thats the basics.. and the main things, is that the hotel was very clean!
from the reveiws i was hearing here, i thought i would be spending a holiday from hell. so were rather pleased with the room and the pool area.
ok, the beds are hard... the towels are rough- but the rooms are cleaned and sheets changed every day or every other day.
the staff are very friendly, and night staff are at the door to make sure people are not too noisy or sneaking people in!
you will hear alot of slamming doors and screaming drunk teenagers, but ince you get into the spirit of things, and have a- if you cant beat them join them attidude- you will get on fine!
the pool area is very clean, you do not have to pay for sunloungers, and there are plenty for everyone. there is music played around the pool, but not so loud and annoying that you cant relax and chill- and if people become too rowdy- the staff are on hand to tell them to keep the noise down.
the staff cant do enough to help you, and the pool side snacks and drinks are very nice and a fair price.
cleaners can be trusted with your belongings in your room.
aircon was 5 euros a night, but altho noisy- you really do need it whilst getting ready for a night out, and streets are noisy with road traffic, so you need the doors shut.

we had a large, clean fridge, a kettle, toaster, microwave, and a plug in ring cooker top stove. which we didnt use at all, as eating out was a fair price. the fridge and microwave looked brand new.

bathrooms were very basic, but were clean- drains smelt at times, but i think thats greece in general, not just the hotel. our shower was a hand held only, as the shower stand did not work, but i already had in mind, i would be facing such dramas.. and it really wasnt that bad.

if youre going for a 4- 5 star state of the art all mod-cons spa hotel... this really isnt for you, but if you are going for a 2-3 star clean, friendly, party holiday- then you honestly cant go wrong.

just keep in mind, noisy, basic, but clean. i dont think half of these reveiws on here that are negative are that fair. it really wasnt that bad at all and the staff will help you if you have problems.

2 Thank elasticbandman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I went with 3 of my mates for a week and it was the best holiday we have had yet. The hotel was clean and tidy, the rooms were standard but that’s all you need plus they are cleaned everyday. The pool is clean and there are loads of sun beds so your never waiting 4 one. They have table tennis, pool and English TV. All the staffs is really friendly especially EMMA who is so nice and welcoming, she makes sure you’re looked after and loves getting involved in the drinking games but watch out 4 her dirty pint!!!! And she might throw in a few 3 drinks now and again. The hotel is the best in kos and it’s a 2 minute walk 2 the bars and clubs also you must go brothers bar nice owner and they will defo look after you there and we thought it was the best on the strip

Quality holiday and would defo go back

Ben, matt, Jake and bean!!!!

Room Tip: the rooms are standard but pool side view but they have everything you would expect.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bbmj11
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I'd definitely recommend staying here, it's only a 10 minute drive from the airport, there's a restaurant in the hotel, a couple about 30 seconds down the road and then the strip is only about 3 minutes away, which is great if you need to go back and change or get more money on a night out.
There were 5 of us staying and we were put in 2 rooms on different floors but it only took a minute to walk down the stairs and it turned out to be a good thing because our water stopped one day because of low pressure so we could just use theirs. The cooking facilities weren't great but easy enough to use if you want to, we ended up eating out most nights as it was so cheap anyway! The sheets and towels got changed at least every 2 days.
The pool is always busy by the afternoon but there's always enough sundbeds. It's the main hangout for all the reps and bar workers but they're all so friendly and it gives it a lively atmosphere. The beach is only 3 minutes away and I'd definitlely recommend trying some of the watersports, they normally give you a discount and they're so much fun!
They don't charge for sunbeds but they do for aircon but we coped without it anyway. The one bad thing was the amount of insect bites we got but I guess you get that anywhere - bring repellent!!! And our shower was really weak but again we just used our friends.
Kardamena itself was a lovely place and I really want to come back and I'd definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Clara186411
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The hotel it's self was better than I expected, although the facilities to cook where not very good, so we ended up eating pot noodles and going out for tea most nights. The pool was clean and there was always space to sun bathe and get a sun lounger. The room's where basic but clean when we arrived, and also cleaned 3times in the week, with clean towels and sheets. The staff where lovely and always happy to help. They played music around the pool to make it a more lively atmosphere, with a variation to suit everyone. I would definitely recommend you to stay at the Agiri hotel if you come to KOS a very nice and relaxing hotel indeed :)

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Okies well me and my mate both aged 23 stayed at the Argiri from the 30th June till 8th July. Only paying £276 quid for a week I wasn't expecting a lot, like always I go in expecting the worst.

When we arrived at the hotel I was very pleased with the location and hotel itself. It is just a 3 min walk to the beach and 5 min walk to the bar strip. Stayed in room 230 we found the room very big especially for just the two of us. The room itself was very clean and tidy.

The cleaners were in quite regularly although one or two days they missed due to us being in the room when they called. Our very thin sheets were changed twice and towels were changed once.

We had a very small balcony half overlooking the pool while the other half was overlooking a tarmac road but it didn’t matter for us. We can't get the best of both worlds now.

Our beds were solid and very squeaky! My pillow felt like a rock and I’m sure I got backache towards the end due to the uncomfortable bed but never mind I guess it was somewhere to rest.

We found that the island lost water supply on two occasions so we had to put up with no water for a couple of hours. We were told it was unpredictable and no one would know when it would happen. It would be wise to stock up on water as it’s hard not being able to flush the toilet or wash your hands etc. The hot water would also go or would only be lukewarm. It didn’t matter as after a hot day it was a very refreshing way to cool down.
The air con you had to pay for but we never got it as we felt we didn't need too and was able to cope fine without it.
We had a shower curtain so I was very impressed with that as I had read other reviews of different hotels in Kos not having them! I felt very privilege to have one!.

The kitchen consisted of a microwave, kettle, hob, fridge and bit of cutlery (bowls, plates, mugs, glasses etc). We didn't really use the kitchen only in the morning for a bacon sandwich ;). We found we ate out during the evenings I can recommend.....

Loustros - We went back here on 3 occasions as we loved the food so much. The burgers are simply amazing!!.

Captains

Scala

All these restaurants are located half way down the beach strip just past the water sports section. Prices were around 10-15 euro and the portion sizes are huge, so we found that some of the meals we shared between us.

The hotel I didn’t find so noisy at night but then again I was out till 3-6am on most occasions so I can’t really comment and when I was back early I pretty much had passed out haha.

The best feature as many people have put in there reviews was the swimming pool. It was very clean and tidy. You were always able to get a sun bed although from the afternoon it did get quite busy as the workers would roll in. However at first I did find them slightly intimidating as they all seem to know each other, but they were so friendly and unfortunately by the end of the holiday when I was leaving I had become quite friendly with a few of them.

The beach was small but again very clean and tidy the water was very clean and warm. There are some water sports which start from 15 Euros although we didn't go on any of them. You can hire out the sun beds, but I am not too sure how much they are priced for as we spent most the time at the pool.

Bar strip is amazing and I couldn't believe how many bars there were. Starlight and Status is a good night out after the bars have closed. I can’t remember how much it is to get into Starlight but Status was always around 5 Euros. I would certainly recommend that you attend the UV glow party at Status it was pretty immense and very different! Don’t worry about your clothes getting ruined the UV paint cannot be seen on your clothes and faces unless you are in UV and it doesn’t stain.

Remember to bring some mosquito spray as me and my mate got bitten to shreds.

Overall a great holiday and we were very very lucky to get this hotel at such a good price. Originally we were planning of staying at the Harriots but decided against it as the price went up about £80 more. We did venture into the Harriots and comparing it to the Argiri it wins hands down!!!!!! The Harriots was just an extremely basic hotel which was certainly not worth the price they were asking for.

Thumbs up for the Argiri!! I would certainly come back and stay there!! :D it was a great holiday and I loved every minute of it.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends