Wonderful experience in Helona resort. Been there for a conference in beginning of October. Due to end of season we had a very special rate for rooms that made the accommodation even better.
Service: Great service, I liked the fact that we were welcomed in the reception with a very tasteful and warm cookie.
Rooms: Very spacious rooms (for greek standards). Clean, nicely decorated with all appropriate amenities (coffee/tea maker, free bottle of water upon arrival, slippers, etc.) Every room has a pretty large balcony as well.
Pool/Spa: The hotel and rooms are surrounded by small - medium sized pools that give access to almost every room and the feeling of a private pool. The design is very modern and I liked the pool lights at night. Spa is also nice. The sauna is very small though, but the massage service is really great at very reasonable prices.
Breakfast: Great breakfast and food. It was also changed every day, not completely, but enough to give you the feeling that there is something new in the buffet. Very tasteful and always fresh. A big plus for the fresh orange juice you get when seated at the breakfast tables.
Location: Location is an issue if you do not have a car. The hotel is completely isolated, but offers everything you might need for a short relaxing stay (if you stay more than 3 days then probably you might need to rent a car and travel around the island)
Remarks: Not something negative, location can be a minor issue only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helona Resort is a beautiful establishment with an impressive architecture. Small buildings scattered in beautiful gardens, elegant domes, cobbled alleys and natural materials such as stone, wood and marble, allow the entire complex to blend harmoniously with the surrounding, peaceful landscape. Large windows and openings offer a fantastic view to the sunny Aegean Sea and lighten up all interior spaces. Twenty-one infinity pools enable water to flow from one to the other, inviting guests to dive into summer happiness. The resort sits on a gentle hill that overlooks the beautiful Helona beach, on the southern coast of Kos island, at a peaceful area called Gourniatis, only 11 km from Kos international airport (KGS) and 4 km off the lively village Kardamena. Kos town is about 35 km away.Helona Resort has a delightful collection of spacious guest rooms, cosy family rooms, luxurious suites and private villas. Many of the rooms enjoy the extra privilege of a shared swimming pool in front of their terrace whilst others have lovely gardens spreading in front of them. Each one of the suites and villas has its own private pool. The resort has two restaurants, three bars, a spa and a conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Helona Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helona Resort (Aka Doubletree By Hilton Resort Kos-Helona) Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Resort Kos/Kardamena