“Could be Outstanding”
Review of Helona Resort

Helona Resort
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I stayed from 22nd to 28th May in this delightfully located and thoughtfully designed facility
It was clear that the staff were a mix of experienced professionals and fairly raw trainees .All however were trying hard and most will be excellent when trained
The buffet arrangements frequently resulted in good food being too cold to be palatable
The a la carte restaurant with experienced staff was consistently excellent
Air conditioning in our room never worked properly despite a visit from an earnest technician at 2300 one night( after we had gone to bed )who wanted to fix it
Porters and bar staff were particularly endearing in their eagerness to be of service. Reception staff were courteous . Senior management were accessible and trying hard to train staff on the job
The whole facility gave the impression that it will be 5 star when matured and so will it's staff

Room Tip: Sea views are distant Some rooms face walls
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Lakitira-Hotels, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Helona Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Helona Resort. We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

We wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Helona Resort

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was spending a week at the Helona Resort for professional reasons.
The hotel is very nicely situated and the staff is very nice and willing to help. Is is rather expensive however for what it offers,
- When we arrived at the site the management was not prepared and took ages to register the conference participants. At a certain point it seemed that the people at the front desk did not want to talk to the visitors and some people waited almost an hour for the checkin.
- The restaurant buffet was good but the servicing was very slow most of the times. During my last meal I only got water served after having finished to eat.
- The last day I had to wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning to go to the airport and there was no hot water in the shower...
I was therefore a bit disappointed with the servicing..
Apart from that the hotel is very beautiful and well located. It is expensive (151 Euros half board in a sea-view room).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Pedro A

Dear Mr. Pedro,

Τhank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent stay at Helona esort in such detail.

Please rest assured that we will address all the points of your dissatisfaction with our hotel team, so that no similar issues arise again. Just for the sake of good order, I would like to mention that due to the conference organised in the hotel during those days, there where many participants that where arriving on the same flight but unfortunately the hotel was not informed of. Regarding the rate you refer to, kindly note that this was a specialy rate including conference and additional facilities and services

I also wish to express our appreciation for the positive comments you have made.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Me and my partner went to Helona Resort this May 2014 and it was absolutely fantastic. The food was delicious, the views are outstanding and the rooms were clean and well decorated. The pool is one of the best bits with a look over some of the greek islands and you can always get a good spot! The main criticism was the reception staff, their english is not great and they are not particularly friendly or willing to help however this does not go for all of the staff the waiters and bartenders are excellent and work hard especially Nikolaus in the lobby bar! If you are a couple and looking for a relaxing holiday with beautiful views and good food then this is definately the hotel for you but i would say i don't think the hotel is good for families as not very child friendly. Overall an excellent holiday!

Room Tip: We went with a sea view room and it was perfect. Some people opt for the rooms with a private pool b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy C

Dear Mrs Amy,

We wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My partner and I wanted to go away for a few days and we love Greece but we wanted to go to an island that we haven't been yet so this is where we decided!

The Helona resort was very pleasing to the eye and we had a fabulous time. The room however (although perfectly nice) was a little expensive for the price that we paid. I remember we were both in the room and we both said "is this really a Hilton?". Anyway I have just seen that The Helona resort has now been dropped as a Hilton which makes more sense.

The food and drink was of excellent quality and the staff made our stay enjoyable, the waiters were very friendly and made a few jokes with us and remembered us each night which was lovely.

Overall a very nice stay. I'd say that the rest of the hotel is of higher quality than the actual rooms themselves, I felt like we were walking through this lovely hotel and when we saw our room it was just like "ah ok cool" it wasn't amazing. But fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Not a Hilton property any more as of Jan 2014
Just received email from Hilton that advising me that it isn't a Hilton property any more. Shame because I loved the place
I don't think Hilton has any property on Greek islands anymore

Room Tip: Not a Hilton property any more as of Jan 2014
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
16  Thank Endre P
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A beautiful resort. Like a Moorish village with its cobbled walks and subtle lighting. Pools that change colour at nighttime.
Its immaculately clean. The rooms are huge and opulent. The bed was amazing and everything was so fresh. The toilietries smelled gorgeous.
The hotel is lovely. The pool gorgeous.
The staff are very good. The restaurant staff are great, especially the lovely girl who greets you on your arrival.
I had the best holiday and felt totally safe and pampered throughout.
I stayed for a week on my own and I wouldnt hesitate to stay again, in fact I would love to make it a yearly treat.
Its 5 star luxury with huge gorgeous rooms and I had a beautiful private terrace overlooking the sea.

Room Tip: My room was perfect as it was facing the sea but in a quiet location for the terrace. Cant remember...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel. .
Quiet, clean, beautiful rooms. . I will be back there in the future!!!

The hotel is located in the southern part of the island. Less cluttered and more quiet. A bit far from the center, but buses from the hotel to the center every hour.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rony L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
#4 of 39 in Kardamena
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa

Been to Helona Resort? Share your experiences!