This hotel has only recently come under the Hilton Doubletree umbrella (formerly the Helona Resort) and certainly meets the standards expected of even the better Hilton resorts.
The hotel is clean, modern, spacious and offers a plethora of infinity pools and its own beach. It is a resort aimed at complete relaxation, including spa, and delivers very high standards of accommodation and facilities. Whilst the hotel was full during our stay, the site is large enough not to notice - we had complete privacy and were able to relax easily. All the staff were polite, helpful and unobtrusive. Local divers, at reasonable prices, can be arranged by ther concierge who also recommend some very good local restaurants.
Rooms are large, airy with the traditionally comfortable Hilton beds and huge bathrooms with double showers. Safes, internet and cable TV are provided. Half of the rooms have unobstructed sea views and many have private pools (shared with the two adjoining rooms).
The restaurant services are very good, particularly the breakfast buffet and it is very generously staffed by well mannered and extremely efficient, predominantly young and multi-lingual people.
This hotel is in a quiet coastal location approximately 3 kms from the bright and boozy Kardamena (taxi Euros 9) and only 6 miles from the Kos Airport (taxi Euros 20). A self contained resort, you could have a very good holiday without leaving the premises - hire cars and dune buggies are relatively cheap to hire.
A great hotel for a short getaway weekend or for a family holiday!
Note: I believe the hotel closes from mid-Oct through to May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Helona Resort is a beautiful establishment with an impressive architecture. Small buildings scattered in beautiful gardens, elegant domes, cobbled alleys and natural materials such as stone, wood and marble, allow the entire complex to blend harmoniously with the surrounding, peaceful landscape. Large windows and openings offer a fantastic view to the sunny Aegean Sea and lighten up all interior spaces. Twenty-one infinity pools enable water to flow from one to the other, inviting guests to dive into summer happiness. The resort sits on a gentle hill that overlooks the beautiful Helona beach, on the southern coast of Kos island, at a peaceful area called Gourniatis, only 11 km from Kos international airport (KGS) and 4 km off the lively village Kardamena. Kos town is about 35 km away.Helona Resort has a delightful collection of spacious guest rooms, cosy family rooms, luxurious suites and private villas. Many of the rooms enjoy the extra privilege of a shared swimming pool in front of their terrace whilst others have lovely gardens spreading in front of them. Each one of the suites and villas has its own private pool. The resort has two restaurants, three bars, a spa and a conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Helona Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helona Resort (Aka Doubletree By Hilton Resort Kos-Helona) Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Hotel Kardamena
- Helona Resort Kos/Kardamena