Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunny View Hotel(Kardamena)
3,434 results
All reviewssushipastrypittabooking systemblue domesa la carte restaurantsmain restaurantburger barsalt waterpita cornerthe lion kingburger innanimation teampool barbungalow roomice creamguest relations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

4 of us (3 adults and 1 child aged 3) stayed at Mitis Blue Domes in May of this year. My family originates from the island of Kos and before travelling I did extensive research on the best place to stay on the island. I found it very difficult to get information on this hotel, besides the other tripadvisor reviews their website was not very imformative. Given the star rating though and the little information I obtained we decided to book it. We got a great internet all inclusive deal too! Im writing this review in the hopes of putting some further information out there for others that might be interested in this property.

For starters it is a little out of town (Kardamena) which we didn't mind. the hotel is right next door to Mitsis other property (Family Village) which is older and much less luxurious looking. Most of the resorts in Kos are a little far removed from the villages though and taxis and buses are super easy to arrange.

The first impression of the hotel is that it is so large that it's a little overwhelming but it really doesn't take too long at all to familiarise yourself with the area. Check in is a breeze with lots of staff at reception and you are taken to your room via a golf cart. The rooms are large and luxuious with very comfortable beds and lots of space to move around.

One thing I wondered about when I was researching is the mention of 14 pools! I was not convinced that a property could have this many and was sure they counted little ponds and fountains as pools. I was wrong. The property does in fact have this many pools. We practically had a huge pool right putside our room to ourselves and the design and layout of the whole resort makes you feel like you have your own private villa with your own pool!

The food and drink is of excellent standard. I highly recommend the full board. The buffet is AMAZING. They offer buffet breakfast lunch and dinner and it is all SUPERB. Best food I've ever had at any hotel and I've travelled extensively. Must try the pizza!!! Look for it on the terrace!!! There are also some other little restaurants dotted around which are all also included in the full board option. Portions aren't huge but the food is great. If I had to be picky I would say the sushi place isn't very authentic but I'm very spoilt when it comes to japanese food living in Sydney!!!

There is a miniature castle kids club!!! and a huge lazy river style childrens wading pool which is unbelievable for kids. My 3 year old had the time of her life!!!

Overall I highly recommend this resort. Super value for money and also a decent level of tourists which is not always the case in all-inclusive resorts on greek islands!!

kalo taxidi

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
21  Thank KathyHatz
Reviewed 20 December 2013

It is a beautiful resort, the rooms are comfortable and well furnished. I especially liked the shutters covering the french doors and all the wooden features. The housekeeping side was excellent during our stay. When we arrived which was fairly late in the evening were informed that the dining room was open with limited service which was a welcome change from other resorts which only offered cling film wrapped sweaty rolls. Drinks service in the dining area is very good as is the clearing of plates, the food caters for all tastes and is well prepared. In addition to the main dining area there are six eateries round the pool bar which offer a varied range of cuisine if you fancy a lite bite. You can also book for the themed restaurants but as others have mentioned this can ptove difficult. Whilst there is much to applaud at this resort some things could have been thought through from the perspective of the customer. The block we stayed in was fairly near the main reception but we had to walk the length of the block then up 4 flights of stairs and back along the whole block to get to our room. The only lift I saw was in the lower bar area to the dining area. There are alot of steps to get anywhere, having said this you could ask reception for someone to taxi you in their golf carts. Plenty of pools, beach is nice loungers comfortable but a lot in need of repair. I should imagine in the summer the loungers could be in short supply. The queue outside the dining area crosses in front of the upper bar which is also where you have to book for the themed restaurants so it can get quite congested, you stand on the right to eat outside and the left to dine inside. I would like to mention the animation team who put their all into their shows. During the day they came around the resort to inform you of the activities and chat but were not intrusive. They chatted if encouraged and drew youinto conversations with other guests if this was indicated. If the management are reading this you should commend Zuzu who gave 100% to his job and was so great with everyone especially the children. Would I recommend this resort, deginitely but be aware of all of the above.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sunworshipper002
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We booked the mitsis Norida beach hotel, but on arrival was told we had been upgraded to the blue domes. With it being end of season our hotel was closing on 28th oct, so rather than move us mid week they put us in blue domes straight away. Beautiful grounds but would say, not really suitable for young children, there are pools everywhere, there are also lots of steps up to main restaurant. The rooms are massive, with mini bar restocked daily, fresh towels daily. patio doors that open up onto little patio area and some steps down to pool area, and sun loungers. The food in restaurant is nice, always found something to eat..pizzas are delicious. There are 6 small restaurant style bars in middle of resort for lunch time or evening meals. Also 4 al la carte restaurants near the beach, which we had trouble booking, you have to book on computer outside main restaurant, but can only book two days in advance. We managed to try two and they were both very nice. The beach ( shingle) was lovely with nice sunlounger s and water sports..some free. Would return to ths resort again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 55heidi
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic all round from start to finish the staff very welcoming indeed! The greeting on our arrival was lovely with bottle of excellent wine and fruit in each of our rooms beautiful!
Each of the eating places are a must to visit if you do decide to go to the Blue Domes please try everything don't just go to the normal restaurants you will miss out if you do. I'm saying no more as you will have to go find out for yourself its definitely worth it and I certainly hope to return next year, our ages went from mid 40's to early 70's and all had a great time. I have lots of pictures but you can find out more about the place have a look.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank loveslotsofsunshine
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Mitisi Blue Domes was not far from the airport and upon arrival we went to the lovely reception hall to check in. We had some baggage issues earlier (someone walked off with our bag) and we informed reception who put us in touch with the rep. We were also told our rooms were not ready but we could use the facilities so we waited in the bar.
An hour or so later we were able to check in and the lovely reception lady and the rep had sorted out our bag problem.
Our room was amazing. Lovely decor, bathroom and terrace. Mini bar was a nice touch.
During our stay we visited nearly all the restaurants. Our favourite was the Creperia. The others were ok but nothing amazing. We stayed a week and the buffet restaurant got quite repetative towards the end. We were also not overwhelmed by the bars. The drinks available were limited and they would not go off menu for the cocktails.
Overall we had a good stay but we would not rate this hotel as high as some of the other all inclusives we have stayed at. Too many kids too. Next time we visit Kos we will go self catering as the local towns have so much more to offer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple