Overall the holiday was good, we would have given 3 and a half stars if we could but there were too many unnecessary stresses which took some enjoyment out of the holiday:
Lots of large pools which are well maintained, very few people in each one so not at all crowded.
Lovely views, especially from the main restaurant.
Great creperie, and as all inclusive you can have as many crepes or as much ice cream as you want.
Pizzas at the main restaurant were very nice and freshly made.
Beach is extremely close, you can walk down to the beach for a swim leaving your towels in your room (or as many people have done, on a sunbed, see below).
The room was large, clean and well decorated. Nice views from the terrace area.
On arrival at the check in desk at 1am, it took a long time to get seen as only one member of staff was on duty. When we were seen, we were told that they had no record of our booking! Luckily we had the travel documents printed out so he had to find us a room! Judging from other peoples' reviews this happens quite a lot and we were fortunate to get a room at the hotel we booked, even though we doubt this was the room we paid for!
Following this, we were informed there was a porter service and our luggage was to be brought to our room, an hour later we walked back up the hill to collect the luggage which had not moved (nor had any of the other guests')
In addition the minibar had not been restocked so we had no water, on calling reception we were told that room service was closed and therefore we would have to wait for morning!
To get a sunbed you had to be up at 7am to reserve one, some sunbeds were reserved from the previous night! Every morning we were the only people by the pool in our area until roughly midday, even though all the sunbeds were reserved, sometimes the people reserving would not show up at all!
Our terrace light bulb broke on the second day of the holiday, we phoned reception 3 times on 3 different days but by the time we left 5 days later it was still not fixed.
Food at the buffet is lukewarm, even when you show up 10 minutes after service begins. The food quality at the a la carte restaurants is still like canteen food.
The hotel seems to be a machine, if everything goes well for you, you will have a good holiday, however, if anything goes wrong the hotel can't cope or respond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The absolute ultra all-inclusive five-star beach resort in Kos, BLUE DOMES RESORT & SPA, only 7 km away from the traditional village Kardamena, is the quintessence of luxurious holidays. In its 499 rooms, the resort offers numerous choices - from standard guestrooms and bungalows to maisonettes and villas with a private pool. The swimming pools, which are throughout the entire resort, measure a total length of 650m. There are also 10 restaurants, 7 bars, water slides, a playground, interior leisure rooms (a library, a painting room, a music room, puppet theater, a projection room and a relaxation room), an internet corner, tennis courts, a mini soccer court, a conference hall, with a capacity of 500 people and an amphitheater with a capacity of 800 people, a Wellness Spa to relax your body and soul - all together make up the perfect setting for unforgettable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Blue Domes Hotel Kardamena
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa Kos/Kardamena