I went on a short vacation (all inclusive) with my mother to Mitsis Summer Palace for my 21st Birthday from the 3rd-8th May 2014. This place is truely AMAZING. In this review I will cover the 3 main factors; Food, Staff and cleanliness. First of all, the staff were lovely! which for me, is the most important factor of any holiday and decides the fate of me returning. They were always willing to help and always smiley! They even helped my mother arrange a personalised cake and flowers to be sent to my room on the morning of my birthday!
Secondly, I'm a vegetarian so I was dreading the food, but WOW is all I can say, the amount of variety was unreal, there is definately something for everyone. 3 buffets a day - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The buffets include everything from tasty soups with fresh baquettes, amazing Greek salads with all kinds of cheeses, Pasta/rice dishes, every kind of meat and UNREAL deserts! There was even a chef present at the morning breakfast buffet cooking fresh omelettes and pancakes! and this was only the buffets! There is also two restaurants available (must be booked one day in advance). One Italian, which is built onto the pool side which serves incredible salads and pastas and the second restaurant which is Greek and is based on the beach!
Thirdly, the cleanliness was 5 star, both hotel and rooms were spotless. Rooms tidied daily and fridge refilled with bottles of soft drinks and beers.
Bubbly animation team, good entertainment for kids. The head of animation is such a great guy, you will love him!
The beach sports are really fun too, if your going all inclusive, the self pedal boats are free!
There are buses running daily from the hotel to Kardamena and Kos town. I would recommend to visit both. There is a restaurant in Kardamena called Avil that we literally fell in love with, I would highly recommend it!
Overall, a seriously underrated resort, AMAZING! I will definitely be returning soon. If anyone can fault this, I genuinely believe they cannot be pleased! (lol)
P.S Ladies visit the Spa in Blue Domes which is a 5 min walk from Summer Palace, body massages are amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation: Standard rooms (52), Bungalows (104), Family Suites (96). Every 15 rooms a sharing pools is available. Room Facilities: Fully air-conditioned with individual control Heating, Bathroom with bathtubs / Hair dryer, Direct dial telephone, Mini fridge, Satellite TV with international channels / Music channel, Balcony or terrace with a fantastic view, Safe deposit box (with charge). Floor covering: Tiles. Meals in Main Restaurant. Breakfast: American buffet Lunch: Complete buffet Dinner: Complete buffet (all meals are with show cooking). Food and Beverage Facilities: Main Restaurant specializing in Greek and International cuisine with terrace and a fantastic view to the Aegean Sea. Italian à la carte restaurant «La Bella Vista»Greek à la carte restaurant (Tavern) at the beach. Main lounge Bar (In & outdoor), Interior Swimming pool, Bar, Beach Bar, Pool Bar, Room Service (07:30 – 21:30h). Sport & Leisure: 1 outdoor swimming pool with salt water, sun terrace, 1 Indoor pool with fresh water (for adults only), 6 sharing pools with fresh water for the family suites, 1 outdoor swimming pool fresh water with water slides, Sun beds and umbrellas at the pools and the beach, 2 tennis courts (hard) with floodlight, equipments. Water sport centre with water skiing, jet skiing, banana boat, parachuting, pedals, wind surfing (certificate), catamaran, row boots, pedals, canoes, rings, Scuba diving, lessons, Boat trips, Beach volley, Beach football, Table tennis, Bicycling, Horse riding & pony riding (on request), Bridge room, Billiard, Entertainment such as sketches, competition games, aerobics. Children’s play ground (4-12 years), Disco, Fitness, sauna and massage. Other Facilities: Reception with lobby, TV corner, Shopping arcade with mini market, souvenir shop and jewelry, Hair dresser, Laundry & dry-cleaning service, Concierge / Cashier / Porters, Guest Parking, Rent a car / motorbike / bike, Doctor’s visit, Lifts from the reception area to the beach. For Children: Integrated children pool with salt water, Children playground – Mini Club, Children disco, Baby cot, Baby chairs in restaurant, Kid’s water slide with kid’s pool. Business Accommodations and Services: Telephone and fax services, Internet and mail services, Photocopy service, Wi-Fi access at the main lobby area (free). Distance From: Kardamena Town 5 Km, Airport 14 Km, Port 32 Km, Beach on the beach, Public bus: Front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Summer Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kardamena
- Summer Palace Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kos/Kardamena