Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel
US$67
bedfinder
Lakitira Suites(Kardamena)
1,374 results
All reviewsgreek restaurantevery other daymain restaurantindoor poolsalt watersea viewsharing poolspizzaanimation teamreception stafffamily suitekos townsteep stepssaladmini barblue domesbeach bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I cannot fault the cleanliness of the hotel, the rooms and the staff were always helpful and polite. However we had a garden room over the reception area and were constantly disturbed by coaches /local buses that left their engines running outside. Apart from the diesel fumes this causes the balcony door frames to rattle and shake noisily.We chose to go May during term time, but the hotel was full of children. As a Brit we were definitely in the minority as most of the other guests were eastern European and Russian who have not yet mastered the art of queuing! A much needed skill when attempting to get a drink as there was only one barman who worked at full pelt.There was no entertainment in the hotel at all which was disappointing. After eating there was nothing to do except sit in the reception area and people watch. This area was very noisy and not at all relaxing as it was such a vast area it was ideal for children to play chase. Also down stairs near the pool area there was some sort of entertainment for children.The noise echoed off the pool and could be heard in the reception area... not pleasant.The Greek and Italian restaurants made a nice change from the buffet which became a bit boring. However I feel that these areas were not utilised enough. Tables and parasols could have been put out there to have a quiet drink in the evenings... there was nowhere to sit so everyone gravitated back to the reception and outside balcony seating area. The hotel is in a complex however we were not informed by the rep ( who was hardly at the hotel ) that we could use the facilities in the other hotels if we purchased an arm band. We found this out by chance the night we were leaving.The hotel was too far to walk to any villages and whist it was a superb spot it is not a hotel that I would wish to return to in the future.

Room Tip: Don't chose a room over the reception area far too nosiy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gillyg099
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed in the hotel for two weeks and we loved the staff and the facilities. I have never experienced such polite and smiling staff anywhere, from the nice cleaning staff to the managers! The children entertainment was also very funny.

The Food was also very Nice, even if I had wanted it to be easier to get at table at the al a carte restaurants, especially the Italian one.

The only negative to say is that it was very hard to get at table outside and that is to bad with that view!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Mette L
managerSP_11, Manager at Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your visit

With great pleasure we noted that you had an enjoyable stay and that all the facilities and services rendered were up to your expectations. Your positive, rewarding input has been shared with my team and has been appreciated.

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodating you here and contributing to a memorable stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards
Management team of Summer Palace

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in the hotel for a week in June, we had no problems with the hotel or staff as they couldn't do enough for you. The problem is the guests it was like feeding time at the zoo in the restaurant you would think it had been hit by a plague of locusts.
The hotel needs to have some kind of entertainment on other than the kids show. We went into Kardamena most nights for something to do

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geoffh06
managerSP_11, Διευθυντής at Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
Thank you for your suggestions and comments.

Kind Regards
Kavouklis I
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Being my first holiday with my boyfriend I wanted to go somewhere I had been before and that I knew was nice. Having got back last week we had a lovely time and it was a great holiday.

Food - the food was really nice, they offered a wide variety of foods to cater for everyone. The hotel has 2 al a carte restaurants an Italian and a Greek both of which we visited and if we stayed longer would have gone again because the food was so nice.

Rooms - the room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and sheets the maids were always friendly and polite.

Lobby - great for meeting new people, we found there were probably less English there compared to German's and Russian's. This wasn't really an issue as most can speak basic English.

Internet - the free wifi is ok. If your not going on holiday to go on the internet then this isn't an issue. If you however would like to check your Facebook may I advise you do it in the morning or very late at night as around tea time is when it is at its slowest and sometimes doesn't even connect.

Beach - there is access to sun beds and free activities on the beach. Don't be tricked by the photos this isn't a sandy beach, it is gravel/stones which is brill for our feet as they feel super soft after a walk up the beach.

This being my 3rd visit to this hotel I probably wont be visiting for a few years as I have done most of the things you can do on this holiday but I would advise this to family and friends as it is a lovely hotel with pleasant friendly staff.

If you have booked to Summer Palace have a lovely time and hope you enjoy as much as we did :)!

Room Tip: I had read reviews before going that rooms above the Lobby would be noisy, but it was probably just as quite as anywhere else in the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma G
managerSP_11, Manager at Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

The Staff & Management of Summer Palace thank you for your comments.
We will keep up and try our best to improve and keep a high level of satisfaction.

Looking forward to see you again.

Kind regards
Management team of Summer Palace

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have just come back after having 10 days here & had high expectations after staying at a Mitsis hotel in Rhodes. We were in for a shock however. I have never been in somewhere where the noise level was so high. There were about 4 children to every adult & we chose to go at this time of year to avoid this. The only place to escape this was the adult only pool in the atrium however despite the notices of it being adult only was also allowed to be used by unruly children. I have also never encountered so many rude Russians in all my life. The food was mediocre & was definitely catered for the Russians. The décor was very run down with paint all over the windows & the smells some days were overpowering from the drains. The outside (gardens) was clearly in need of some tlc compared to the other hotels. We went for a much needed rest but came back even more stressed. The only good things I can say was our room for one & the staff who work very hard. we will never come back to this hotel & will not be recommending it to any of our friends. Very disappointed indeed.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room if possible it is well worth the extra
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple