When we first arrived at the Summer Palace, we where greeted by very friendly staff at the reception. Our room we had booked wasn't ready fro the first night of our holiday so we had to stay in the Family village for the first night, but we didn't mind because the hotel gave us Black bands which meant we could eat, drink and use all the facilities in all the other Mitsis hotels other than the Blue Domes. The room in the family village was really spacious and would be more than adequate for any family staying there. On the second day of our holiday, our room for the Summer Palace was ready so we got moved. We where in a room which was up a couple of steps from the reception which had a communal pool in the middle of a few room blocks. When we entered out room, it was huge and had a big balcony. We then found out that we had another room, within our room, so I'm guessing we got put in a family suite. Because there was only two of us we just used the second room as a bit of a dressing room, so this meant we had lots of space! The Summer Palace hotel was very nice, the pools, the bar and the beach are all very looked after and very clean. The staff couldn't do enough for you in all 3 Mitsis hotels we went to. Because of our black band, we only ate in the same restaurant a few times in the whole 2 weeks we stayed there. I must say, the Family Village and the Norida Beach have nicer restaurants and more choice of food, and everything is cooked in front of you, i.e the pizzas than the Summer Palace. But because both of these hotel are more family orientated they got very busy with families and little children pushing in front of you. The Italian in the Summer Palace is the nicest Italian I have ever ate, and the waiters there could not do more for you. If they saw you had almost finished your drink they would come straight over with another, and the Chinese in the Norida Beach was really nice too. With regards to the entertainment, it was very poor in the Summer Palace, a lot more better in the Norida Beach, where there is a adults only bar which has a act on every night from Karaoke to a Musician, even a little bit of music around the pool or bars in the Summer Palace would of made a difference. Whilst on holiday, we went into Kardamena 2 nights for some food, we found a really nice restaurant on the front, which done really nice steaks and a good variety of food for a really good price. Also if in Kardamena you have to go to the Stone Roses bar, they have got music in there every night and really good cocktails! Hopefully will make a trip back to Kos in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star all-inclusive SUMMER PALACE BEACH HOTEL, at a short distance from the traditional village Kardamena in Kos, promises unforgettable holidays, offering 360o views of the shimmering sea. Guest accommodation includes 252 rooms and suites, reflecting traditional hospitality in combination with the services of a lush hotel. The hotel with its client-centered philosophy, like all MITSIS HOTELS, offers a variety of leisure and sports choices, including an outdoor swimming pool with sea water, a Relax Atrium with an indoor swimming pool, a water park with huge water slides available for children above the age of 8, a fully equipped gym, two tennis courts, a bridge room, beach volley, beach football and many other services, such as the water sports centre with water ski, jet-ski, paragliding, rings, catamaran sailing, banana boat, diving lessons, horse riding, cycling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kardamena
- Summer Palace Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena