We have just returned from spending a week at Mitsis Summer Palace and I thought it only fair to add my opinion, as I used Tripadvisor to give me the confidence to book in the first place. The first thing is that we had a great holiday and the hotel in many aspects exceeded our expectations. The food in particular was excellent with a buffet styled banquet at every sitting, that would satisfy the pickiest of eaters.
The swimming pools were as good as they look in the pictures, and our family sized room was clean and spacious. If I was being really critical there were a few things about the room such as the shower was a mixer unit that was hand held with no bracket, lamp shade hanging off etc. Just tiny little things that would make the place a really good 4 star and not a 5 star.
We are so pleased that we went all inclusive. The drinks were the real deal as in real brands and not the local stuff. Gordons Gin or Johnny Walker or Grants Whisky etc. Believe me the amount of drinks you go through with the heat you will be glad you paid a bit extra for the all inclusive. A family we met went into Kos bought 3 medium sized pizzas, 4 small lagers and 2 cokes and it cost 74 Euros which is outrageous. Don't also do what we did and not take enough sun tan lotion. we quickly ran out and it was £22 a bottle!
The beach is gritty and not great to walk on but you get used to it, but to compensate the sea was terrific. Clear water and packed with marine life.
We would definately go back, but our main recommendation is go 'All inclusive'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation: Standard rooms (52), Bungalows (104), Family Suites (96). Every 15 rooms a sharing pools is available. Room Facilities: Fully air-conditioned with individual control Heating, Bathroom with bathtubs / Hair dryer, Direct dial telephone, Mini fridge, Satellite TV with international channels / Music channel, Balcony or terrace with a fantastic view, Safe deposit box (with charge). Floor covering: Tiles. Meals in Main Restaurant. Breakfast: American buffet Lunch: Complete buffet Dinner: Complete buffet (all meals are with show cooking). Food and Beverage Facilities: Main Restaurant specializing in Greek and International cuisine with terrace and a fantastic view to the Aegean Sea. Italian à la carte restaurant «La Bella Vista»Greek à la carte restaurant (Tavern) at the beach. Main lounge Bar (In & outdoor), Interior Swimming pool, Bar, Beach Bar, Pool Bar, Room Service (07:30 – 21:30h). Sport & Leisure: 1 outdoor swimming pool with salt water, sun terrace, 1 Indoor pool with fresh water (for adults only), 6 sharing pools with fresh water for the family suites, 1 outdoor swimming pool fresh water with water slides, Sun beds and umbrellas at the pools and the beach, 2 tennis courts (hard) with floodlight, equipments. Water sport centre with water skiing, jet skiing, banana boat, parachuting, pedals, wind surfing (certificate), catamaran, row boots, pedals, canoes, rings, Scuba diving, lessons, Boat trips, Beach volley, Beach football, Table tennis, Bicycling, Horse riding & pony riding (on request), Bridge room, Billiard, Entertainment such as sketches, competition games, aerobics. Children’s play ground (4-12 years), Disco, Fitness, sauna and massage. Other Facilities: Reception with lobby, TV corner, Shopping arcade with mini market, souvenir shop and jewelry, Hair dresser, Laundry & dry-cleaning service, Concierge / Cashier / Porters, Guest Parking, Rent a car / motorbike / bike, Doctor’s visit, Lifts from the reception area to the beach. For Children: Integrated children pool with salt water, Children playground – Mini Club, Children disco, Baby cot, Baby chairs in restaurant, Kid’s water slide with kid’s pool. Business Accommodations and Services: Telephone and fax services, Internet and mail services, Photocopy service, Wi-Fi access at the main lobby area (free). Distance From: Kardamena Town 5 Km, Airport 14 Km, Port 32 Km, Beach on the beach, Public bus: Front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Summer Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kardamena
- Summer Palace Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Summer Palace Kos/Kardamena