Have just returned from a 4 night holiday to this hotel. On arrival we were checked in quickly and efficiently at reception and considering it was nearly midnight it was nice to be offered food and a drink in the restaurant. We were taken to our beach bungalow by buggy. The room was big, clean and the air con worked well.
The view from the balcony was fantastic of the sea and the mountains beyond. The restaurant was in my opinion in need of a refurb and the air conditioning was poor as it was always hot in there, especially in the evenings. We tended to wait in the queue for a table outside as it was cooler out there to sit and eat. The food was of a good quality and different every night with a lot of choices.
The breakfasts were lovely and again a vast choice available to choose from. My only criticism was that there is only one machine for fruit juice so queues were inevitable! Also coffee was served at your table but if you were a tea drinker you had to take your cup from your table and go inside the restaurant to the one hot water machine to get your tea and again the queues were inevitable. This is only a small criticism though on my part.
There are two bars in the main building open till midnight, one is for families with children and the other is an adults only bar which had table service and the cocktails were lovely so try them!
There is also a bar on the beach open till 5.30pm for drinks and the Greek restaurant is next door.
You could also get sandwiches at the beach bar.
The beach is very stoney and hard to walk on, especially when hot. The stones can burn your feet!
The sea was lovely but shelves deeply quickly so be careful with children.
The staff were all very friendly, polite and well mannered throughout the hotel. Nothing was too much for them. We even got kisses from the lady who cleaned our room when we left.
As we had a late evening flight we booked a late check out room at reception for €35 euros and we managed to keep the room we were staying in until 6.30pm.
The hotel seemed to be 50% Italians staying, 20%Germans, 20% Russians and only a small minority of British people staying. Yes it was a hassle with towels on sun beds as usual but that is the norm!!!
The animation team who were Italian were polite but not in your face if you said no to doing an activity with them.
The hotel is certainly not like a Butlin's holiday camp! It is a worthy 4 star hotel.
We have stayed at the mitsis roda beach hotel in corfu twice and then norida beach isn't quite as plush and smart as that but we shall certainly stay here again and try other hotels within the mitsis hotel group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NORIDA BEACH HOTEL is a comfortable five-star family beach resort in Kos only 7 km outside the traditional village Kardamena. The hotel’s exclusive provisions and elegance, in combination with the friendly and discreet personnel, make the all-inclusive NORIDA, the perfect destination for couples and families with children alike. Special attention has been given to all services offered by the hotel. From the swimming pools, among which there is a relax pool, to the special programs and services for children - including a mini club for children 4-12 years old, a junior club for children 12-16 years old, water slides, two children’s swimming pools, one with seawater and one with fresh water, a children’s restaurant -, the variety of sports and other activities, as well as numerous culinary choices, NORIDA is an ideal destination on its own in Kos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Norida Beach Kardamena
- Hotel Mitsis Norida Beach
- Norida Beach Kos
- Norida Beach Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena