“NOT BAD BUT THERE ARE BETTER !”

Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Wife and myself stayed at The Mitsis, Norida beach for 10 nights at the start of June and all in all had a pretty good time.

Beach - Plenty of space with lots of beds and parasols but its not sand more like gravel however it is right by the hotel so its ok. The sea is crystal clear but if you get there after 1030 in the morning then you will struggle for a bed. There is a bar on the beach that is part of the all inc package so you dont have to walk far.
Room - we upgraded to a sea view room which was worth it as we had a great view out to sea and we were right at the end of the hotel which was quiet.
Food - Probably the only thing to fault with the hotel as neither of us are fussy eaters in the slightest but the food was virtually the same every day for both the lunch and evening meal. It was well cooked and the staff were very friendly but there was no choice so if your a bit fussy you will struggle.
Nightlife - Some of it was good and some was woeful but Kardamena Town is only a 10 Euro taxi ride and it is very nice with plenty of bars/restaurants. There is also a pub on the site but it doesn't open until midnight which was a bit to late for us old gits although we did go one night and it seemed ok however its not part of the "all inclusive" so you will pay for your drinks.
Pools - 2 decent pools with a bar at the bottom one that is open until 6 every day.

All in all The Norida beach is ok and most of the staff work really hard to make you feel welcome but the choice of food is a let down. The transfer is great at about 15 minutes from the airport and if you hire a car it is really easy to get about so if your thinking of booking you will be fine but if you asked me if i would go back the answer would probably be No as there are better hotels around but fundamentally it is fine.

Room Tip: pay the extra few quid and get a rooom with a sea view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank taggy1965
Write a ReviewReviews (2,053)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have just arrived home from a lovely week at the Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel (17,7,14 to 24,7,14) and we are already missing it! Our family consists of my wife and I along with our 2 boys (aged 14 and 6) and we all had a cracking time.
We arrived late at night and were impressed straight away at the speed and efficiency of the reception staff to get us checked in and off to our room (transported by electric cart) and although we were too tired we were offered a meal in the restaurant. When we woke in the morning we were delighted to see the view from our balcony, glorious blue sky and even bluer sea! We were able to have a proper look round the room (or I should say rooms!) as the boys had their own room with twin beds along with our main room with a double bed in, modern and clean bathroom, plenty of storage space, fridge, security box (22 Euros for the week) and air conditioning in both bedrooms.
We had read the reports about the restaurant being a bit of a scrum and large queues but we were impressed with every meal we had, yes it does seem that some nations do not understand the concept of a queue but on the whole there was not a lot of waiting to be done and the choice and variety of food was fantastic at every meal. We also ate at the Chinese and Greek restaurants and again were very impressed with the quality of the food. The service in all the venues were second to none, very attentive waiting staff who were always there to top up your drinks and take away empty plates.
We spent our days relaxing at either one of the three swimming pools or down on the beach and it was lovely to be able to jump straight into the water as the temperature was in the mid thirties everyday. As others have mentioned the sunbeds go very quickly by people "reserving" them but we decided if you can't beat them join them and our eldest enjoyed his strolls round the complex at 7.30am each morning (I'm not sure what time others got up to do this as the front row of the beach was always taken by this time!!) and we used what we had "reserved" from about 9.30am through to 4 or 5pm however some of the reserved beds were not used at all which we thought was naughty. Down on the beach there was a bar and the pizza shack which served excellent pizza and the queues were never too long and next to the swimming pools were bars that also served hot dogs and rolls. The beach is very small shingle and first thing in the morning it is fine to walk on but as the day goes on it gets hotter and hotter and by early afternoon it is too hot to stand on so either flip flops or beach shoes are needed. We did the pedalos which was great fun but most of the time it was deemed either to windy (offshore breeze) or too choppy to use them which was a shame but the kayaks were still being used as were the boat inflatables which our eldest had a go on (the Super Mabel) for 20 Euros and loved it.
We didn't really stay around to watch the entertainment of an evening (it's very tiring doing nothing all day!) but it seemed there was something going on every night and after a quick drink on the terrace after dinner we would make our way back up the hill to our lovely room.
Having stayed on several of the Greek Isles and Egypt we would highly recommend the Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel and will look forward to another trip there in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank marto329
CONTACT-NORIDA, Διευθυντής at Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for this review regarding your stay at The Mitsis Norida Beach.
It gives me great pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the service you experienced was outstanding. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the team here, who made sure that you had a memorable holiday experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Mitsis Norida Beach.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Myself, husband and 2 kids stayed here for 2 weeks last year and had an absolute ball. Couldn't fault this hotel at all. Went elsewhere this year and can't wait to get back to Norida Beach next year. The animation team were an absolute credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank KB250973

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent holiday with us.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mitsis Norida Beach again.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Just got back from a weeks holiday in Kos (25/07/14) having stayed a week at the Mitsis Norida Beach - I traveled with my husband, son of 14 and daughter of 16.

On arrival after completing some basic information we were given a map of the hotel which also included all necessary information like food times etc, which was very useful and then were driven by a golf buggy to our room.
My immediate impression of our room was of slight disappointment as one of the beds was a camp bed and my husband and i were allocated twin beds instead of a double, which i had requested.
However our room was very clean, with a superb view of the sea and the beach and had no problems checking in etc, unlike one of our fellow passengers.

The food was amazing with lots of variety and the staff kept the restaurant very clean. The tables were cleared quickly (sometimes a little too keen!) and always given a fresh tablecloth after each diner. My suggestion if you're not keen on a battle at food time is to go early as we also tried going late but there wasn't so much to choose from at this time.
I would like to add that i was a little taken back by the scramble for food and on several occasions felt some diners could have had more manners!!! I would also like to mention that trousers aren't expected to be worn at dinner time although this is stated as a rule.

Our first morning after breakfast we went down to the beach and was very disappointed to find that all the sunbeds had towels over them, we then walked to check out the three pools only to find the situation the same there too!! The annoying thing was there were signs stating that you were not permitted to reserve the beds. Even worse some people put their towels down and didn't use the sun bed until much later in the day! Which i thought was unfair but quite frankly as the rule was not enforced you just had to go with the flow.
The beach was beautiful, although not sand but small pea shingle, so I would recommend you take some beach shoes as the stones get unbearably hot! A underwater camera would have also been an asset as i couldn't get enough of the beautiful fish that swam so close to the beach. It was a great piece of beach entertainment to throw some bread into the sea and just watch the mass of fish that it attracted.

I also think it may be of use to new travelers to inform you of some of the charges. We took only £350 in euros and found ourselves short at the end of our trip. The cost for a safe box in your room is 22 Euros (not refundable) the towels were 20 euros each and as we were a party of four this amassed to 80 Euros, although this is refunded. The trip we booked was the Aegean Sea Three Island Cruise at 184 Euros for four of us, and although a good experience and lunch was included it didn't include any drinks which are 2.50 Euros each for a soft drink. I also noticed that when we got to Kardemena the boat trips for the same cruise were 20 Euros each! but i cant say if they included lunch or not.

Most of my qualms with the hotel were due to the sheer mass of people which included the lack of Wi-fi which my children found very frustrating. There was an animation team there for the English whom were very friendly and my son did join in the basketball. But it did seem that that the German Animation Team done more!
All in all a good holiday, perhaps not really suited to teenagers of the British kind and i did get so i longed to hear and understand peoples conversations, but perhaps i just need to get bi-lingual. x

Room Tip: We stayed in room 943 which was second floor - no entertainment noise at all, just a few noisy visit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Indiebee
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Well, 2nd time here sum years ago and going again for the 3rd time in September and the reason I'm going back again is because it's just an amazing hotel with amazing friendly people. Hotel was superb, as was the food. Such a variety with the buffet. Staff were ever so friendly and helpful. Always something to do. The town centre is a short distance away and again the people there are as equally friendly. I can't rave about this place enough lol value for money at it's best!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Nicole_glasgow87

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent holiday with us.

Our staff work hard to ensure that every guest has a great experience when staying at the Mitsis Norida Beach and so it is wonderful to read that their efforts have been noticed. Your positive comment provides great motivation for the team.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We visited mitsis norida beach last august and it was the best holiday i could ask for. all of the staff are super friendly, we even went out to the local pub/club with them. we made loads of friends from all over the world. the rooms were amazing, we had a balcony with a see view, which made it a nice place to hang out at evenings. the food was amazing, loads of different choices so everyone found stuff that they fancied. i think we'll be definitely coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Agnes S

I am delighted to read that you had an excellent holiday with us.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After returning from holiday here I felt I had to write a review. The hotel is great and the staff make the place, especially the bar guys Martin, Yannis and Eduard. The rooms were clean and spacious and we had a great view of the pool and sea (room 116). Onto the food, choice was very good, however can get repetitive if you're there longer than a week. Also restaurant in need of new air con units, we joined the queue to sit outside most evenings. Completely agree with the other reviews about some nationalities pushing in and being rude, but you can't have it all! Tried both restaurants, both very nice however both times we went to the restaurants they weren't even half full so not sure why they say certain days are fully booked? Beach shoes definitely needed for the beach! Aqua gym on the beach was a lot of fun with a lot of people getting involved.
One downside for us was the entertainment club they had on for some guests (I think Italian), they were very loud and in your face, we were on our loungers by the pool when they started doing an activity right where we sat rather than moving it to the side where there was a vast open space. I also had a problem with one of the toilets near reception, the locks seemed dodgy from the start hence me not being surprised when I eventually got locked in! Thought I'd better let reception know and was shocked at the response from the receptionist "I know, I've been locked in there myself, they know about it but won't fix it"... ?
Apart from these two points we had a great stay at Mitsis Norida Beach and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for main building, or you might have a walk up the hill!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cara S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel
Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Akti Beach Club Hotel
Akti Beach Club Hotel
#10 of 39 in Kardamena

Been to Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!