We (my wife and I) stayed in the resort for our summer holiday with our 2 kids in an all-in arrangement offered through Neckermann-Thomas Cook.
The resort is at 6 km from the Kardamena center along the beach. The resort in fact consists of 4 hotels owned by the Mitsis family. The road between Kardamena and hotel is not Ok for a walk but there are regular buses that you can take at the hotel reception.
We had a nice family room a bit uphill from the main building. The little house had a main room (with double bed) with a separate bed room (2 single beds), a bathroom and a small terrace. The room was clean, maintenance is done well and bathroom cleaned every day (including fresh towels).
The central building with main hall, central hotel rooms and restaurant is very impressive.
Bars are spread on the resort, including pizza house on the beach.
The food and drinks are complete: enough offered, enough variation of all !! While the food buffet is repetitive for certain elements (pasta, pizza, salads...) there is enough offering to create your own variation.
The swimming pools (2 salt water, 1 freshwater) are large enough for the big amount of people on the resort and in case of "overflow" the beach offers the alternative. The seats are "taken by towels" quit early (7:30...) but that is kind of normal these days, despite warning signs that such is not allowed.
Animation is offered (mostly in Italian and English), but I cannot comment of quality as we have not participated.
Allow me following negative comments (why I am not giving a 5 rate here...):
- personnel at reception although very friendly is not fluent in English, which causes sometimes misunderstanding
- air-conditioning set in our room was very old (white plastic frame was "yellow-ish" and swing function no longer working). Although it worked fine to cool the room, it could not give me trustworthy impression (such as what about filter maintenance?)
- mini-bar is only refilled every other day (2 beers, 2 cokes and 2 bottles of water every 2 days is not enough for 4 persons); however drinks at the bar were available and for free (all-in formula, even for cocktails and other alcoholic drinks)
- a lunch box can be reserved (by 6 PM prior day), but you have to find out yourself how, what and where (we missed that in the welcome message); the offering was also not consistent or misunderstanding again between 4 persons and 4 boxes (where 1 box seems to be for 2 persons)
- Free WiFi is available, but only in the lobby of the main building (at the reception). It is slow to connect though and does not allow normal use (too many people). Full WiFi is available for extra price (4 euro for 2 hours). That connection is available everywhere in the resort, but not necessarily reliably. We had to call a local Greek number to get support.
- Since we had a late flight home, we asked if we could use the room longer (normal check-out before 12). It was offered with price tag of 20 to 30 euro. But this could only be confirmed on the day itself, which eventually turned out negatively. As an alternative the shower room (salt water!) in the main building was offered for free.
All in all, I would recommend the resort as a fine place for families though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NORIDA BEACH is a high standard all-inclusive resort where the good service meets the hospitality and the original smile. It is the right choice for couples and families seeking quality accommodation in a quiet location combines sea and Mountain View. ACCOMMODATION: comfort and warmth Totally renovated in 2012, Norida beach whether in the main Hotel or in one of 25 bungalow buildings all 455 comfortable and spacious guest rooms are carefully appointed and offer all the facilities of a 5-star resort. Hotel is surrounded by immense gardens and is decorated with warm gentle colors, marble floor and wooden furniture. The magnificent view of the Aegean Sea and of The Volcanic island of Nissiros will help you to relax while enjoying one of our nice cocktails in your Balcony! RESTAURANTS AND BARS: tasty treats all day and nightMITSIS NORIDA BEACH offers numerous gastronomic delights at no extra charge. At all bars a large variety of appetizers, snacks, ice cream, alcoholic and non drinks are richly offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Norida Beach Kardamena
- Hotel Mitsis Norida Beach
- Norida Beach Kos
- Norida Beach Hotel Kos
- Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena