“Nice vacation resort”

Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
“Nice vacation resort”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We (my wife and I) stayed in the resort for our summer holiday with our 2 kids in an all-in arrangement offered through Neckermann-Thomas Cook.
The resort is at 6 km from the Kardamena center along the beach. The resort in fact consists of 4 hotels owned by the Mitsis family. The road between Kardamena and hotel is not Ok for a walk but there are regular buses that you can take at the hotel reception.
We had a nice family room a bit uphill from the main building. The little house had a main room (with double bed) with a separate bed room (2 single beds), a bathroom and a small terrace. The room was clean, maintenance is done well and bathroom cleaned every day (including fresh towels).
The central building with main hall, central hotel rooms and restaurant is very impressive.
Bars are spread on the resort, including pizza house on the beach.
The food and drinks are complete: enough offered, enough variation of all !! While the food buffet is repetitive for certain elements (pasta, pizza, salads...) there is enough offering to create your own variation.
The swimming pools (2 salt water, 1 freshwater) are large enough for the big amount of people on the resort and in case of "overflow" the beach offers the alternative. The seats are "taken by towels" quit early (7:30...) but that is kind of normal these days, despite warning signs that such is not allowed.
Animation is offered (mostly in Italian and English), but I cannot comment of quality as we have not participated.

Allow me following negative comments (why I am not giving a 5 rate here...):
- personnel at reception although very friendly is not fluent in English, which causes sometimes misunderstanding
- air-conditioning set in our room was very old (white plastic frame was "yellow-ish" and swing function no longer working). Although it worked fine to cool the room, it could not give me trustworthy impression (such as what about filter maintenance?)
- mini-bar is only refilled every other day (2 beers, 2 cokes and 2 bottles of water every 2 days is not enough for 4 persons); however drinks at the bar were available and for free (all-in formula, even for cocktails and other alcoholic drinks)
- a lunch box can be reserved (by 6 PM prior day), but you have to find out yourself how, what and where (we missed that in the welcome message); the offering was also not consistent or misunderstanding again between 4 persons and 4 boxes (where 1 box seems to be for 2 persons)
- Free WiFi is available, but only in the lobby of the main building (at the reception). It is slow to connect though and does not allow normal use (too many people). Full WiFi is available for extra price (4 euro for 2 hours). That connection is available everywhere in the resort, but not necessarily reliably. We had to call a local Greek number to get support.
- Since we had a late flight home, we asked if we could use the room longer (normal check-out before 12). It was offered with price tag of 20 to 30 euro. But this could only be confirmed on the day itself, which eventually turned out negatively. As an alternative the shower room (salt water!) in the main building was offered for free.

All in all, I would recommend the resort as a fine place for families though.

1 Thank jbertelo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

An ok all inclusive hotell. Nice personell and ok service to get a four rating things need to improve. Easy things as how and where the AC unit is placed so it cools the whole hotelroom. This was typical greek installed wrongly placed so it cooled the bottom floor not the loft bedroom. Ants in the hotelroom. No coffee after meals you have to go to a coffee bar. Food was good and plenty of it a clean hotel. WI-FI was if working very poor and only in reception area my phones internal sim internet was way better. So with all things in consideration I would rate this a 3+.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Patrik_MrCoffee
thurso
Reviewed 15 August 2014

ideal for families. very clean. all amenities. Food exceptional. Air conditioners allow a good night's sleep in the hottest weather. Best out of peak season as proximity to Turkey allows for extreme heat (up to 38 degrees in late July) so I would only visit early or late in season. A nice coastal walk to Kardemena and frequent bus service

4 Thank bvlamb
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have visited this hotel 4 times before and I am visiting again at the end of August. I continue to return to this hotel as everything is just perfect, and allows for an amazing relaxing break. To begin with, first impressions couldn't be any better, a beautiful surrounding and location, and clean! We received a very warm welcome on arrival, on all occasions! Our rooms have ALWAYS been pristine and fridges topped up every second day, the maids are friendly and do a great job! Food provided is out of this world, such a wide variety from pastas to meats and the pizza is my favourite! Something to suit all! The facilities and entertainment never let us down either! The best part about the hotel are the STAFF, outstanding and a credit to the place, it certainly brightens your day when you arrive for breakfast and are welcomed with a smile. I really cannot fault this hotel, beach front, beautiful beach, amazing staff, clean and great food, what more can you ask for! I for one strongly recommend this hotel or one of the mitsis hotels to all! Very family orientated but for a couple like myself and my partner it is just as amazing, with a great atmosphere!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank lolalemon123
Florina
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had the priviledge to stay for 10 days at the Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel in July 2014 with my husband and 2 small children. We had a family room with two separate bedrooms, which were very spacious, looked like new, clean and had each an A/C. It is a family hotel, so there were no noisy neighbours. The room had a great view to the sea and was just a short walk up the hill. The hotel has beautiful gardens, very clean.
They replaced water bottles and beer in the mini bar every 2 days. The room was cleaned and we had clean sheets and towels every day.
The food was exceptional. There was variety and especially good quality. We didn't meet the long lines in the restaurant mentioned in other reviews. Many dishes were prepared throughout the duration of the meals such as pizza baked in wood-lit oven and pasta with different sauces. Everything we tried tasted very good. We only have a not so favorable experience from the Chinese restaurant, maybe it was out of our personal tastes.
the beach is good, with sand and small pebbles, nothing annoying to the feet. The sea is clear and not affected by the wind most of the days, because it is in the south side of the island. There was fresh watermelon at the beach and pizza at the beach oven, which were very popular. We had a slight problem with the pre-taken sunbeds.
Kardamena village is about 10 minutes drive and there is a mini market inside the hotel.
The staff all offered exceptional service, replying to our needs immediately and effectively.
A relaxing and very nice vacation, overall. I would recommend the hotel to friends.

3 Thank vass35
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I must say that I do not believe our hotel was a 5 star but I do believe that the beach bar supberbly run by Kostas and helped by Eddie was fantastic. Also the group of fantastic people who run the watersports were fantastic. If you like your fun in the water you must go here. Just spend your time with these people and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. A biig thank you to norida watersports, Kostas and Eddie. Cheers.

Room Tip: Get one as close to beach as possible
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gavin m
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just come back from a weeks holiday at Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel. I was worried about going after some of the reviews I had read on here. However, I really enjoyed my stay there.
The Hotel was clean, no insects about. Rooms were big and clean. We stayed in the hotel which was fine. Food was amazing. Not sure why people complain about the food. So much choice and so nice. It did get busy and sometimes felt like feeding time at the zoo and so many people with bad manners, pushing in (not english people, we seem to know how to queue and wait our turn!!) but the restaurant staff and the food was lovely.
Main Pool was lovely, didn't try out the others. Was salt water which my son wasn't a fan of, but I loved the pool. Didn't get crowded and could always find a sun bed.
Bus stop just outside the hotel which would take you into kardemena and there were regular bus times back to hotel. Staff seemed pleasant and helpful, so not sure why the negative comments about staff.
The only negative things i would say are as follows:
drinks were not all that and they stopped serving drinks at 12pm even though all inclusive. There was a disco which you had to pay for drinks which i thought was bad as we were all inclusive. But they did show football matches which my eldest enjoyed going to.
Beach was a bit crowded and very uncomfortable and dipped quite quickly and became deep, so not ideal for small kids. We did try and hire a pedalo which are free but was told no as was closing in 5 mins, was only 5.30pm.
Didn't have our mini bar stocked daily so had to go and buy our own water for it. and didn't do bottle of water around the hotel. However, supermarked was just outside of hotel.
The animation staff seemed lovely but were only interested in you if you weren't english. My kids were totally ignored for the whole week. They weren't rude, just not interested in you if you were english and I kind of got this feeling from the staff there. Loved you if you were Italian or Russian but didn't bother with you if English. Maybe different with little kids, but mine were 16 and 14. They did have a teenagers club but again, mine weren't involved. But they did seem to work hard with the kids they did have in their group.
What stood out for me was how clean the whole hotel and rooms were and the food was just amazing. Would I recommend to others, yes I would. As on the whole was very nice.
But beware, the airport is just plain awful, so not a great experience when you go home. But thats got nothing to do with the hotel.

Room Tip: we loved our room 150 but was just above the evening entertainment, so if you want an early night wi...
3 Thank z0e11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
#2 of 39 in Kardamena
Kipriotis Village Resort

Been to Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!