i stayed here with my boyfriend in june/july 2011, it was nice and clean, the room got cleaned every day and we got a change of towel every day. the meals were the same every night which was a bit boring but there are plenty of places to eat down the road which are cheap and really nice. we stayed in room 401 which was quite high and the views are amazing, we counted the steps up to our room and there were 124, we never got the bus because the walk wasnt that bad but it was always there is we ever needed it. the only time we got the bus was when they showed us to our room.
the pool is massive and never packed which was good, there are plenty of loungers even if you dont go out til dinner time, we always got two together. the animations team are good although we didnt do anything with them, they were just really friendly and got everyone up doing things. there is also a beach joined to the hotel, its not very big but looked perfectly fine, i didnt go as i dont like the sea.
kardamena is only a 15-20 minute walk away which we used to do every night as there are a few bars there and a bit of a change from sitting in the hotel every night. the road leading to the town was very dark on a night time so we would get a taxi back which only cost 7-8 euros. the pr people can get a bit annoying at times trying to drag you in to their bars but you get that everywhere, one bar that was brilliant was the bands bar a little indie bar, check it out. if your after a kebab after your night out i suggest rio's, the owner is so nice and friendly and the mythos is only 1.80 for a bottle! its right next to the taxi rank. every one in Kos is so friendly, it was one of the best holidays ive had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lagas Aegean Village is a hotel resort located on the golden sandy shores of the south coast of Kos Island, Greece. It's layout and use of space is characteristic of the distinctive Aegean architecture. Built on a slope, every corner offers magnificent views of the endless deep blue Aegean Sea.The main building lounges, restaurants, bars and facilities are located at the bottom of the slope, while all 330 rooms are situated on the hillside, which are accessed by the 24hour complimentary minibus service. It is worth mentioning that the hotel underwent a complete renovation in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lagas Aegean Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagas Aegean Village Hotel Kardamena
- Hotel Aegean Village
- Aegean Village Kardamena
- Aegean Village Kos
- Lagas Aegean Village Kos/Kardamena